Contest April Crossword Puzzle - FEEDBACK

martoru

qoute: "All participants with 100% correct entries in terms of solving the crossword puzzle, will receive one can of Spinach."

why not all participants regardless of acurity of answers? on beta works like this :p

Noel

There is an error in this puzzle. 14 Across is the westernmost battle of the civil war. 14 Across has 12 boxes, but the answer has 11 letters: Picacho Pass. It's in the American Battlefield Trust and is a historical park in Arizona now.

corgiscarab

The West Team
Event Manager
There is an error in this puzzle. 14 Across is the westernmost battle of the civil war. 14 Across has 12 boxes, but the answer has 11 letters: Picacho Pass. It's in the American Battlefield Trust and is a historical park in Arizona now.

Hey Noel,

You are correct and the answer for 14 Across is listed as "Picacho Creek". That was my error on the research. I must have confused that battle with the Battle of Lost Creek. I'll edit the main post to reveal that answer and thanks for alerting the team here.

corgiscarab

The West Team
Event Manager
qoute: "All participants with 100% correct entries in terms of solving the crossword puzzle, will receive one can of Spinach."

why not all participants regardless of acurity of answers? on beta works like this :p

Thanks matoru,

I'm on the EN servers forum not the Beta servers forum. We are two different teams altogether and the parameters of their contests I'm not aware of outside of occasional visits to the Beta Forum. I'm sorry if that is not up to snuff, but I simply am not on the Beta team nor am I aware of their practices.

PrancingPurplePony

@corgiscarab
just because you aren't aware of what is done on Beta doesn't mean you can't appreciate a good idea when someone mentions something. Participation prizes are helpful to get more people involved. Since there is quite a bit of research needed for this contest, getting something for the time spent participating would be appreciated by many.

corgiscarab

The West Team
Event Manager
@corgiscarab
just because you aren't aware of what is done on Beta doesn't mean you can't appreciate a good idea when someone mentions something. Participation prizes are helpful to get more people involved. Since there is quite a bit of research needed for this contest, getting something for the time spent participating would be appreciated by many.

Thank you. I'll discuss with the Team for the next contest to see what can be done.

martoru

Hey Noel,

You are correct and the answer for 14 Across is listed as "Picacho Creek". That was my error on the research. I must have confused that battle with the Battle of Lost Creek. I'll edit the main post to reveal that answer and thanks for alerting the team here
youre really something... made first time after half of year of steping in team and first thing is an error :)))))))

nice of you that at leastr you admited... nice work btw you should be promoted :))

martoru

Thanks matoru,

I'm on the EN servers forum not the Beta servers forum. We are two different teams altogether and the parameters of their contests I'm not aware of outside of occasional visits to the Beta Forum. I'm sorry if that is not up to snuff, but I simply am not on the Beta team nor am I aware of their practices.
youre not arere of nothing my humble opinion

probably you were to busy doing nothing in last 6 month and not have time to read an beta forum once a week

Noel

Hey Noel,

You are correct and the answer for 14 Across is listed as "Picacho Creek". That was my error on the research. I must have confused that battle with the Battle of Lost Creek. I'll edit the main post to reveal that answer and thanks for alerting the team here.
No problem! Keep in mind that it's called both Picacho Peak OR Picacho Pass.

I also enjoyed the puzzle a lot, too! Thanks for having these fun little contests!