Contagious Virus

Poker Alice

then why did you say that what the players are writing in this forum is "nothing more but complaints and sarcastic comments"? direct quote of your words, not mine.
why did you say that when this is what players are doing, it is perfectly understandable that Innogames will ignore them?
and if that is not what you meant, will you ever apologize for saying this and using the wrong words when expressing your thoughts? will you ever say, I am sorry for insulting you, dismissing your efforts, your constructive feedback? because, even if you didn't mean it - it is what you wrote.
I would need to go back and look at the context but if I recall from memory I was referring to some things I've read in this forum and in game which only really serve to slur players and games owners . Some things are not written for humor or to be constructive. This isn't implying that everyone and everything which is written in the forum doesn't have any value. Some things I've read are constructive. I was generalizing around the topic.

Pankreas PorFavor

I would need to go back and look at the context
context? it's in the first post, you opened the topic with it, and proudly quoted it a couple of times on the last 5 pages as proof of your good intentions. :no::roll:
"If you read nothing more but complaints and sarcastic comments which do very little but run down, what would you do?"
this is your introduction to the debate, after only 3 months or so of being in this game? dear players, all you do in this forum is complaints and sarcasm, of course the makers of the game won't listen to you.
sure, there is a pink ribbon around it, a sticker with a unicorn and rainbows on the wrapping paper, but I've dealt with enough passive aggressive stuff in my life to see beyond it. I read it in February, shook my head and decided to ignore. but when you dug it up again 3 months later, I couldn't resist. and you still didn't explain what exactly you are proposing.

but if I recall from memory I was referring to some things I've read in this forum and in game which only really serve to slur players and games owners . Some things are not written for humor or to be constructive. This isn't implying that everyone and everything which is written in the forum doesn't have any value.
agreed, it's not implying, it's explicitly said so.

Some things I've read are constructive. I was generalizing around the topic.
long live generalization. :hmf: I suppose that's the part that is going to contribute to a friendlier atmosphere and whatnot?
but at least you admit now that these are only "some things", even after you quoted this same statement 3 times. if only you could take one more step in that direction...

Poker Alice

..the part that is going to contribute to a friendlier atmosphere..
:no:The part which is going to contribute to a friendly atmosphere, I'm convinced will not be coming from you. You have clearly stated you are not friendly and your comments clearly demonstrate this.

Bringing the original post to view has nothing to do with pride. It was done rather to clearly show how much your statements are not on topic but instead about you being agitated with the topic. What you scribble down in comments I certainly don't accept as being constructive at all. According to you all posts must be a proposal. Posts must not generalize. What gives you the right to determine this in the discussion section of this forum?

Pankreas PorFavor

:no:The part which is going to contribute to a friendly atmosphere, I'm convinced will not be coming from you. You have clearly stated you are not friendly and your comments clearly demonstrate this.
what you choose to ignore is why I am not friendly towards you, and only you.
since you're so stubborn that you don't want to admit that your generalizations are wrong, that you insulted other players with them, and refuse to apologize for this insult, give me one rational reason why I would ever want to be friendly to you?

Bringing the original post to view has nothing to do with pride. It was done rather to clearly show how much your statements are not on topic but instead about you being agitated with the topic. What you scribble down in comments I certainly don't accept as being constructive at all.
the first thing that's on my mind after being insulted, receiving sarcastic comments after pointing it out is to show constructive initiative and make friends with you, is that what you expect?
btw. what am I supposed to be constructive about if there are no ideas or proposals in your post? "all you do is complain" - where does it go from here, what can be built on top of this?

According to you all posts must be a proposal. Posts must not generalize. What gives you the right to determine this in the discussion section of this forum?
as soon as I request that all posts must be proposals or that generalizations are not allowed, I will explain it.
until then, I will ask you again not to put words in my mouth and to refrain from generalizations that are insulting to other members of this community. I am aware that there is little point in asking this from someone who is so small that they can't apologize when they insulted someone (unintentionally? I doubt it more and more). but at least it serves as a warning to anyone else that may engage in conversation with you.

this is going nowhere. you're doing worse things than the people you described in your original post. at least they were complaining about the game, you're complaining about players and insulting them based on a few posts that you read in this forum. I already wasted too much time on it, and it is sickening the way you behave. I am looking forward to see how this thread will develop further, and wonder if we will ever see those ideas you mentioned earlier. I don't have any high hopes for any contribution to this community from someone who painted such an ugly picture about it, but I will let myself be surprised.

Poker Alice

this is going nowhere
I agree.
You do have a lot of nerve telling me to do anything. I explained so many times to you that this was a topic. I told you I made an observation. Right or wrong it was an observation. I also told you, I would write as I choose to write. I don't need your permission to do so. You keep going on about how "we" are insulted but in all the other comments which I received, no one acted like you have. No one in this thread wrote in such an unfriendly way.

Instead of discussing this topic or to dispute the topic you decided to run me down instead which does clearly demonstrate something about you.

Poker Alice

Jobbing I would say would be the least thing to have to communicate about, some quests, but then why would they be more keen to focus on those points?
I think the point you are making is that there is more to discuss in connection with player versus player than there is with the other things players can do? Is that what you meant, did I get that right? I'm not sure if the question was making a point or was wanting to discuss something?

I was attempting previously to suggest possibly that mostly gamer's keenly interested in player versus player use the forum while other players do not so much. The question is I wonder why? Is it because the other features are not worthy discussion or not as interesting or could it be for other reasons? I would like to explore that a little.

lulumcnoob

I was attempting previously to suggest possibly that mostly gamer's keenly interested in player versus player use the forum while other players do not so much. The question is I wonder why? Is it because the other features are not worthy discussion or not as interesting or could it be for other reasons? I would like to explore that a little.
I dunno, most players who don't engage in the PvP aspects of the game seem to rarely even type a word in the ingame chat, never mind read telegrams or participate in ingame forums. External forums have even less exposure to players, so it's naturally the most active or the players who are experiencing the most grievance at something at a particular time who are writing on the forums, while others visit to read threads and announcements. Every rule has exceptions though, and some forum users are just old players from back when the forums were active, they don't even play anymore.

Last edited:

Poker Alice

I dunno, most players who don't engage in the PvP aspects of the game seem to rarely even type a word in the ingame chat, never mind read telegrams or participate in ingame forums. External forums have even less exposure to players, so it's naturally the most active or the players who are experiencing the most grievance at something at a particular time who are writing on the forums, while others visit to read threads and announcements. Every rule has exceptions though, and some forum users are just old players from back when the forums were active, they don't even play anymore.
The west game is for children? :cool: That's not an insult. When I look at video games in general I think of the board game checkers. It's a family game simple enough for a child to play, yet enjoyed by all members of the family. Unless its going to be played on a table with squares made with a black marker and coins for pieces someone needs to manufacture and market the game. That requires an adult or a youth with some intention and some very cool skills. The same certainly applies to video games. And some games continue to be developed over time and often a game can be a hit then evolves into a real business. Making them more complicated like moving from checkers to chess might raise the age level slightly but it is still just a game. My point, the product of all the effort is still a game.

If I personally had an agenda which I don't other than to have a reasonable discussion on the forum would be to try to involve all players a little more in telegrams and forums. To involve more players however seems not to be easy. There are a number of problems to over come. One problem for example is...
...after only 3 months or so of being in this game?
new members are not always welcomed with open arms (noobs). Some players I have communicated with I know feel intimidated or afraid since they need to be very careful with what they might write as not to overstep or offend the warlord(s) of the game? :mad:

asdf124

The west game is for children? :cool: That's not an insult. When I look at video games in general I think of the board game checkers. It's a family game simple enough for a child to play, yet enjoyed by all members of the family. Unless its going to be played on a table with squares made with a black marker and coins for pieces someone needs to manufacture and market the game. That requires an adult or a youth with some intention and some very cool skills. The same certainly applies to video games. And some games continue to be developed over time and often a game can be a hit then evolves into a real business. Making them more complicated like moving from checkers to chess might raise the age level slightly but it is still just a game. My point, the product of all the effort is still a game.

If I personally had an agenda which I don't other than to have a reasonable discussion on the forum would be to try to involve all players a little more in telegrams and forums. To involve more players however seems not to be easy. There are a number of problems to over come. One problem for example is...
new members are not always welcomed with open arms (noobs). Some players I have communicated with I know feel intimidated or afraid since they need to be very careful with what they might write as not to overstep or offend the warlord(s) of the game? :mad:
All hail the warlords, wait am I a warlord? :O

I think the point you are making is that there is more to discuss in connection with player versus player than there is with the other things players can do? Is that what you meant, did I get that right? I'm not sure if the question was making a point or was wanting to discuss something?

I was asking if that kind of marketplace(solo player who doesn't communicate) actually exist since a lot of quests tend to have things that would need them to communicate. And they usually don't really want to communicate, hence the question why would they want to attract more of that kind of players. Is that marketplace a huge one or is it a small one?

Poker Alice

I was asking if that kind of marketplace(solo player who doesn't communicate) actually exist since a lot of quests tend to have things that would need them to communicate. And they usually don't really want to communicate, hence the question why would they want to attract more of that kind of players. Is that marketplace a huge one or is it a small one?
I see your point. Thanks for saying. Yes, some people don't want to interact. I don't like chat that much, prefer telegrams and the forum here but sometimes just want to play the game quietly too. It is a feature players can use that can make the game that much more interesting. So why not.

Tucker Blue

Complaints are a normal thing. They should be expected. However complaining about something while offering no solution is absolutely, 100% useless.

Poker Alice

Tucker Blue I've learned a few things with discussion in this thread. What this topic also did besides giving some insight into the technical issues of an online video game is to answer a few questions I personally had about gamer interaction. So overall I would say it was worth my time.

Complaints are to be expected I agree with. Lately though I've really questioned if anything is normal in this world. Little wonder!

From what I've read in this thread at least one player thought that by maintaining constant complaints it would eventually be heard and acted on. I agree that if a solution, a good solution for both parties is presented then it would be much easier to satisfy. Satisfy until the next complaint. :)

I could offer many suggestions on how this game could evolve but decided to stay silent on that. Many of my silly suggestions might be rejected or only really suit me and not others. I've always thought even a poor suggestion can make us think of something else so why not offer one? Duelers and hot headed dictators that is why not! - lol joking

But alas the thread was not created for game solutions but rather only for a discussion or debate about these human qurkies we all have.

lulumcnoob

at least one player thought that by maintaining constant complaints it would eventually be heard and acted on
I'd like to add that no one actually thought they would act on our complaints after years of neglect, those were just passionate players who knew something needed to be done to make the game good again. I think it had more to do with the timing of the IFBC than anything else.

Constructive feedback is the entire point of some of these forums existing. Some might not know how to fix an issue, but can still serve the community by highlighting it.

Nisa

New players are very welcome and there are many players willing to help new players to make the game easier for them with advices , items , money etc. However some 'gamers' think they know everything about the game because they played other games, similar and instead of taking advices and exploring the game first they feel competent to 'teach others'
I started this game in October 2008. am I a warlord in your opinion ? Could you at least give some credits to the old players about being experienced about all changes in game and witnessing good and bad things.
Why does one think other players that are longer on game didnt already suggest something and got refused or ignored by owners ,but instead, something else got added to the game that was 'good addition 'in their mind without knowing the game.
Warlords as you say are tired and annoyed of 'them' ruining the game so please try to understand why they react as they do.

From what I've read in this thread at least one player thought that by maintaining constant complaints it would eventually be heard and acted on. I agree that if a solution, a good solution for both parties is presented then it would be much easier to satisfy. Satisfy until the next complaint.
That is your optimism talking and it is totally normal reasoning of how it should work , but once you realise that complaint and constructive criticism is ignored you will be sad and frustrated as the rest of inactive players on forum. Huge damage is done , can it be fixed or is too late ?

it is ignored, and that is regrettable as ignoring the people that you get your profit from is a bad idea. Although, on other innogames they use advertising networks for income, so maybe the customer isnt as important anymore? or at least they are important in a different way.. but still a bad idea by inno, my idea was to create custom adventure maps for each event (eg. easter egg hunt) its not a big thing, but its better than nothing, and people will enjoy it, even if you just replace the bank on tombstone rush with something else its a good move. but I must admit the ifbc3 and the speed world has restored some hope, but maybe its just a fluke created by the lockdown worldwide.

Poker Alice

@Nisa Don't know you that well to give a character reference.
Gamer's in general who have been playing for years that help new people just starting out can be appreciated. They share their experience about a game's strategies to new people who just joined and want to learn fast track.

Warlords on the other hand go beyond game play. For some reason, perhaps it is an ego thing, they become experts on all subjects. If it is possible they like playing the long time player card as if it gives them an expert status on any subject. They don't impress me much.

From the very start, when I first started writing on this forum, I considered that I didn't really want to join in on the common place banter of "let's put down Inno dialogue" @Shotgun-Glenn and did try to avoid those topics as much as possible. Innogames is not my business.

What is my business is simply enjoying the west game and to some extend being able to express an opinion on this very slow moving forum. @asdf124 forgot about that event.

Thank you for your viewpoints.