Resolved Construction question

DeletedUser

In town construction, what does a worker do better than another guy? Do better building stats mean faster building, better buildings when completed, cheaper building, etc? And is there a formula/chart for how long it takes to build Building X Level Y?

Sorry if the answer appears elsewhere in the forum, but I have searched without finding it.

(Edit: Question resolved.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A worker's motivation to build in the town rises a little faster and they receive a few more labor points towards building. They also gain a few more experience points when working jobs.

Click on the Town Hall in your town and click "Construction". You will see the level each building is currently at. With each level built, the difficulty to build raises a few points. The construction points needed to reach the next level of the building also raises by 100 or 200 construction points, depending on what your building.

DeletedUser

Thanks a bunch! One more question: does having a lot of labor points improve the amount of construction points you create per build?

DeletedUser

Yes it does. The more labor points you have, the more construction points you will create. Also you will create more construction points when your motivation is at 100%. Less then 100% you can still build, however, you will create a little less construction points.

DeletedUser8627

Yes it does. The more labor points you have, the more construction points you will create. Also you will create more construction points when your motivation is at 100%. Less then 100% you can still build, however, you will create a little less construction points.

I don't entirely agree with this.

When I was building with 100 LP and then respeced to 200 LP I was still adding the same amount of construction points towards the town at 100% motivation. (Note: Can't remember exact amounts of LP but it was a considerable difference between the two).

DeletedUser

That's interesting, I thought the more labor points you bring in the more construction points you will create. I could be wrong if you have hard evidence of this.

DeletedUser8627

That's something I also thought but does not seem to be working too well my side.

Anyway, I'm happy with working on a town with only about 150 LP. I add close to 150 construction points each two hours.

DeletedUser

Ok you might be correct. I'm building with around 300+LP and still getting around 150 construction points with 100% motivation. There must be a cap and it must totally go off motivation after a certain amount of LP.

DeletedUser

That's something I also thought but does not seem to be working too well my side.

Anyway, I'm happy with working on a town with only about 150 LP. I add close to 150 construction points each two hours.

Are you sure your numbers are correct?
With 150 labor points, starting with 100% motivation, in 2 hours you gain 75 construction points. To gain 150 CP in 2 hours, you need 348-350 labor points.

DeletedUser8627

It has been quite some time since building with my worker in world 5 as I have done some respecing for the Xmas quests but it can possibly be between 150 and 250 LP.

But when building and each level up everything went onto construction. In the beginning it did raise my construction points but after awhile it kept giving me the same amount after a good few level ups so I started specing other skills instead. I'll actually take worker class in world 11 and go through it again to see but I do believe there is a cap of some sort on it.

DeletedUser

It has been quite some time since building with my worker in world 5 as I have done some respecing for the Xmas quests but it can possibly be between 150 and 250 LP.

But when building and each level up everything went onto construction. In the beginning it did raise my construction points but after awhile it kept giving me the same amount after a good few level ups so I started specing other skills instead. I'll actually take worker class in world 11 and go through it again to see but I do believe there is a cap of some sort on it.

The formula for construction is well known; I think only two formulas are well known, the one for construction and the one for experience.
CP = round (time * (LP/5+10) * end_motivation/100)
XP = round (time * random(0.5...1.5) * job_XP * end_motivation/100)

And there's no cap on construction points. I can earn 70 CP every 30 minutes with my half builder (when constructing low difficulty buildings); pure builders in my empire earn over 100 CP/30 minutes.

DeletedUser8627

Thanks for the formula, that could come in handy. I'll have a look at it then :)

DeletedUser

I don't entirely agree with this.

When I was building with 100 LP and then respeced to 200 LP I was still adding the same amount of construction points towards the town at 100% motivation. (Note: Can't remember exact amounts of LP but it was a considerable difference between the two).

You were building higher difficulty buildings. Dj Storm's formula is definitely correct.

Calculator: http://thewest.mygamesonline.org/build.html

DeletedUser17351

As an old player, but new builder, I searched out this thread to find the link to the build calculator.

Reading the posts above, it crossed my mind that it would be very easy to double your construction skill points without increasing your actual labour points if the building job you were trying was a much harder one.

Just a thought... :p

Bad Billy Jack

Wow, this thread is amazing!

Yes, my experience is that we get about 1 CP for every 2LP & more LP definitely means more CP. LP = SP - Difficulty

If there is a cap, I sure haven't seen it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Maybe there are some differences between worlds, too! (I am not sure about it).
But, for comparing personal experience data, perhaps a good idea would be to talk about the same world!