P&P Congratulation, you have won.

DeletedUser

Now, what?
I have done my best to spice this world, but there is only so much to be done when the majority is against you.
This world has became worse than pathetic. Below is a list of all top 30 towns allied, or at least fighting with the BITW/O-Lore alliance. Yes, 14 of the top 15 are included, the 15th, Rejection, well, I don't know what they are up to, they seemed to jump around.
You might say we dug own hole, I'll agree. Heck, I'm the one who broke the UTW-BITW alliance back in the days we were fighting US, I felt we had too little enemies back then, well now I'm served.
But now I believe it's time for others to break their alliances. I have already mailed some BITW/O-Lore leaders a few weeks ago, when it was already clear we had lost and there were no coming back, asking for some changes. As a response, I've had an invitation of joining BITW and some talks about changing being hard and future thoughts about it.
Well now I've just had enough, if you wish to keep it like this, do it without me.
On Saturday June 26th, there will be an attack on the fort Utopia, a large fort partly owned by BITW and Utopia. If you wish to keep the world this way: log in once or twice a day to construct a manor-house or something, maybe a duel once in a while, let me know on the battle field, by joining the defence. I will then delete my world 3 account and leave you to it.

Towns in their coalition

Legends-O-Lore
BITW-Bathurst
IA - Iron Oasis
Aberdeen Legends
BITW latvieshu
EC - Cesium Falls
Anonymous
BITW - Teeswater
Arden
SE - Empire
BITW - headquarters
shadow valley G
Piso Nueve
Gold point

Arcane
Rogues Den
Copper Point
Triple Threat
Shadow Valley F
Wolf Haven
The Legion-Argoroth
00001 Utopia
Wolves Den Too
Wolves Den Open

Note: This is not an attempt to get an easy fort, if the battle is an exception and everything goes back to normal after, I'm still leaving, it's an attempt to change the forces in the world, either by breaking parts of BITW/O-Lore alliance or getting more support against their alliance.

Mekolp

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1855

Mekolp,

I am not active much in the game or I would have create some shake up in W3. If you are active you can manage BITW with other and break or make alliance go for it. When I founded BITW I was not interested in several towns, just one town with 50 duelers. It was just a dueling town who was able to stand up against both US alliance and UTW. When US alliance was destroyed more because MadAlice was banned from the-west (I think that was the start of world 3 end). When you and other members were inactive from UTW there was no leadership in UTW and the fall begin for UTW. I will hate to see you leaving world 3 as you are few good players left in W3 (old players who know the history of W3). Please let me know what I can do personally to change your mind. You can take control of BITW and create any sort of alliance you prefer.

DeletedUser

It will be sad to see you leave Mekolp, you (especially recently) have helped revive UTW from their slumber...but why did you not reply to my email...indeed i said breaking the existing alliances would be difficult, but i also said i was open to any suggestions...

As for the top 15 towns being against UTWs alliances....the reason they are the top 15 towns is based on fort points...I have worked hard i ensure that all towns who aide us get our aide in return, meaning some smaller towns have a genuine chance of taking and holding a fort... ...the result of that is that they get some extra town points

The fact that those forts have been wrestled from UTW and her allies distorts the leaderboard.

As for the overwhelming power of our alliance...that was not always the case...our alliance was formed, mainly, by a group of towns defending against the UTW juggernaut that was trying to capture every fort in the world....obviously BITW defended against your attacks and that meant bonds we formed...in much the same way that your alliance was formed.

The problem was the drop out rate in w3, not the quality of the war...Perditions and UTW both lost their core leadership at about the same time, meaning when your numbers dropped, they were not replaced and that shifted the balance...and momentum is a bugger to stop once it's going.

What world 3 needs is a influx of new blood, not a shuffling of the existing players...the lines have been drawn and if anyone who has spent 2 years fighting by our side is in trouble...we'll be there...it's hard to cut off those smaller towns and families and O-Lore and BITW both have the same friends after all this time...

UTW could, with effort, be reborn...you surely saw the effect of the recent attacks...nobody is invunerable to a well planned attack.

But if you must retire, then good luck...well played and hope you enjoy whatever you find yourself doing.

And it's not a case that we WON....in a game that never ends...you cannot win....it's just we are WINNING :eek:hmy:

DeletedUser

It will be sad to see you leave Mekolp, you (especially recently) have helped revive UTW from their slumber...but why did you not reply to my email...indeed i said breaking the existing alliances would be difficult, but i also said i was open to any suggestions...

As for the top 15 towns being against UTWs alliances....the reason they are the top 15 towns is based on fort points...I have worked hard i ensure that all towns who aide us get our aide in return, meaning some smaller towns have a genuine chance of taking and holding a fort... ...the result of that is that they get some extra town points

The fact that those forts have been wrestled from UTW and her allies distorts the leaderboard.

As for the overwhelming power of our alliance...that was not always the case...our alliance was formed, mainly, by a group of towns defending against the UTW juggernaut that was trying to capture every fort in the world....obviously BITW defended against your attacks and that meant bonds we formed...in much the same way that your alliance was formed.

The problem was the drop out rate in w3, not the quality of the war...Perditions and UTW both lost their core leadership at about the same time, meaning when your numbers dropped, they were not replaced and that shifted the balance...and momentum is a bugger to stop once it's going.

What world 3 needs is a influx of new blood, not a shuffling of the existing players...the lines have been drawn and if anyone who has spent 2 years fighting by our side is in trouble...we'll be there...it's hard to cut off those smaller towns and families and O-Lore and BITW both have the same friends after all this time...

UTW could, with effort, be reborn...you surely saw the effect of the recent attacks...nobody is invunerable to a well planned attack.

But if you must retire, then good luck...well played and hope you enjoy whatever you find yourself doing.

And it's not a case that we WON....in a game that never ends...you cannot win....it's just we are WINNING :eek:hmy:

I'm pretty sure there are no other ways than a shift in the current alliances. I have tried to recruit lower lvls, get alliances with smaller towns/lower lvled ones, but they will all simply ignore my messages; if they don't already have trouble with your or BITW, they won't want to get on the wrong side. Which leaves us to our numbers, which are getting down steadily, every time I have to send a mass mail, I've got to look out for those whose account was deleted since the last one, and remove them from my list. Even in those still active, there are many who just won't take part in battles, it got useless to them. If they can't be online, they'll gain near 0 exp from it, those online might be lucky enough to gain some before dieing. In order to win a fort, we have to send multiple attacks and hope that you'll defend another one than the one we do. Pretty boring if you ask me, for both sides, mostly yours since many will join battles for nothing. But it's the only way, else, our ~30 fighters stand no chance against 60+ defenders for medium/large forts, 42 for small. You only need about 20 players to defeat that kind of army attacking.

For the breaking alliances part, it seemed pretty easy for IA to do it, and join your side a few months later, even thought in the mail I received back then, they said they wouldn't go against us, just neutral. I don't know the full story on that so will stay away from it, but seemed pretty low to me. So I don't see how hard it can really be for you, most of the small towns probably don't have real ties with your or BITW, they're just there because they know they'll be the winning side.

Mekolp,

I am not active much in the game or I would have create some shake up in W3. If you are active you can manage BITW with other and break or make alliance go for it. When I founded BITW I was not interested in several towns, just one town with 50 duelers. It was just a dueling town who was able to stand up against both US alliance and UTW. When US alliance was destroyed more because MadAlice was banned from the-west (I think that was the start of world 3 end). When you and other members were inactive from UTW there was no leadership in UTW and the fall begin for UTW. I will hate to see you leaving world 3 as you are few good players left in W3 (old players who know the history of W3). Please let me know what I can do personally to change your mind. You can take control of BITW and create any sort of alliance you prefer.

I wasn't for having huge unions either, but was just that chief of construction in there, others wanted it, at first it was only for more shopping capacities, then it got out of hand and I pretty much left them for a while (to fight you).
As for the BITW offer, no thanks, I'm sure you lost your leadership power in there a while ago. I don't know who are the current leaders are now but they're probably wonder wtf you're talking about.
And anyway, as I told you last time you asked me and the rest of UTW to join BITW, and then break up with O-Lore, the only difference there would be is that O-Lore would be the ones being outnumbered. BITW makes up for about half the fighters on your side.
I'd much prefer some 3+ way fight, but I fear it'd be near impossible, there would still be some team up when it would come to UTW against one of your two.

DeletedUser3543

Frankly, my two cents worth, we need the community manager - who after all is tasked with managing the community!!! - to start adding some 'extras' into the world to spice things up a bit.

We have countless examples of 'foreign' worlds where the community manager has taken the lead and added some spice to the worlds they manage. This is mainly around forts etc, but it has been proven over and over again on those servers that it works.

Sadly, the game is repetitive, and the loss of the bigger characters in the world - like Livehappy ;) Madalice etc - just led to the world becoming less interesting.

I agree with BTB that people who have fought with and alongside their comrades for the past two years won't be willing to swap sides, however I believe they could be persuaded if there were only two sides....

As a recent entrant to the hall of fame, I have to say the game becomes VERY boring once you reach level 99, but I guess the level cap is a debate for another day! However there are things that can be done to breathe life into old worlds, it just takes an active and creative community manager.

DeletedUser

most of the small towns probably don't have real ties with your or BITW

most of those towns are with us because initally we had to group together to stand a chance against the might of the UTW steamroller, without Shadow Valley/Arden/Piso Nueve/Empire/Kearney/Gold Point/Acane/Wolves Den/AnyOthersI'veMissed who all regularly contributed a couple/a few bodies into the battles we would never have been able to stop you.

Without them we would have been completely lost at the beginning, as the combined power our side of the alliance has grown we have been able to repay them by helping/organising some fort attacks for them and the end result is some smaller towns (in membership numbers) can hold good positions in the rankings.

I'm not going to dump on those towns now.

As for 30 attackers vs 60 defenders, it is indeed hardly to rustle up numbers for attacking battles, the XP gains are smaller and the chance of a nap increase, hence us having to use the multiple attacks method to extract most of the forts from UTW hands.

As far as the game is concerned, honestly, beyond bragging rights what purpose do forts actually have?

Forts, long term, except for the 'extra bed' have made no difference to the balance of the game, duelists can still duel, adventurers can still adventure and builders can build...regardless of how many forts you own, all players can play the game exactly how they did before if they choose...just because we have 10 forts doesn't give our duelists a significant advantage against yours.

Maybe once they introduce Fort Traders or on location dueling that might change, but presently it's just a bed.

As for the future of the game, here are my [del]two[/del]three thoughts.

1) A dis-solution of O-Lore and BITw would give the effect of a more even spread of the active players in the game...but...if O-Lore attacked UTW...who's side do you think BITW would take? it would just be informally. If UTW attacked BITW...do you think O-Lore would help UTW???

If a break is going to happen...it's might have to be complete! as in UTW/BITW/O-Lore dissolve completely...and cease to exist completely...........but then a new town would probably form, and i can see the invite lists already :s

2) Alliances are always going to happen, and currently BITW/O-Lore are top dogs....but we will fall out with some people and befriend others just as UTW/Perditions did, our time will pass and we will be usurped, maybe NWO...whatever happens people will start bumping into each other soon, and diplomacy will get messier and messier and towns will leave your alliance...

3) We hound the Devs/Community Managers to encourage something to happen to force our hands...

imagine yourself in our position...what would you do after all this work?

DeletedUser

imagine yourself in our position...what would you do after all this work?

I was, got UTW to break our NAP with BITW and later left the game for a few months, until the power shifted sides.

1) A dis-solution of O-Lore and BITw would give the effect of a more even spread of the active players in the game...but...if O-Lore attacked UTW...who's side do you think BITW would take? it would just be informally. If UTW attacked BITW...do you think O-Lore would help UTW???

If a break is going to happen...it's might have to be complete! as in UTW/BITW/O-Lore dissolve completely...and cease to exist completely...........but then a new town would probably form, and i can see the invite lists already :s

2) Alliances are always going to happen, and currently BITW/O-Lore are top dogs....but we will fall out with some people and befriend others just as UTW/Perditions did, our time will pass and we will be usurped, maybe NWO...whatever happens people will start bumping into each other soon, and diplomacy will get messier and messier and towns will leave your alliance...

3) We hound the Devs/Community Managers to encourage something to happen to force our hands...
1- Hence my last line in the last post
2- The only other reason to fall would be more member lost, which would end in some 10 vs 10 battles, I prefer not wasting my time with that.
3- I wish that would work, but w4 is kind of a mess with it, it managed to gain a few players, but like 15-20, max. It only added some more battles on neutral ground, which neutral ground is disappearing; top alliance are getting attacked by the "Mexicans" since they have most forts and will soon gangbang them. And that world's top powers are much less distinguishable than in w3, where you have about 90% of the forts. What would you do if some dev came in and said we had world wars, in order to have them, he builds a town in the middle of the map and declare war to all your forts one at a time. I'm pretty sure your alliance would be against it which won't change much from now, we'll maybe have a few more players on our side, but not enough to make it count.

Forts, long term, except for the 'extra bed' have made no difference to the balance of the game, duelists can still duel, adventurers can still adventure and builders can build...regardless of how many forts you own, all players can play the game exactly how they did before if they choose...just because we have 10 forts doesn't give our duelists a significant advantage against yours.
Free (6 hour sleep) bed 5 minutes away from our town is a pretty good advantage.

DeletedUser

Worldwide politics back then were not something i followed, so i salute your sacrifice back then.

I'm open to any suggestions, although obviously this is not just my game so the members of our towns and alliances would also have to have their say.

If i attack BITW....where will UTW line up?

As far as the sleeping is concerned, indeed it's a bonus, but not a balance of the game changing one, sleep is always available close by and money is not in short supply any more.

I'd like to hear BITWs view on this, from their active leadership.

DeletedUser

We wouldn't line up anywhere in particular, there would probably be some joining a side or the other for some xp, if online, I probably would.

DeletedUser

I'd like to hear BITWs view on this, from their active leadership.

OK - I don't usually come on the forums for several reasons, I feel like a lot of stuff can be taken care of through e-mail and or personal communication, I see that there is a lot of frustration and I see the pros and cons to both sides.

It is obviously through my outstanding relationship that I am even responding with Bob T. and the rest of the O'lores - everyone deserves a response, as I personally cannot speak for my entire town and or the rest of the BITW members, I can give my side of the story and or perception?

Mekop
I have to agree with Bob that you've managed to put some leadership back into UTW, I know that you lost a lot with IA - but I do not know the personal e-mail communications that went back and forth.
I can only guess that there was a lack in activity and that's why this happened.

I feel like you can't be "INACTIVE" and then decide to just "COME BACK" and expect to have not lost anything, the majority of my town and alliance has stayed active as well as the O'lores. I've lost people on my side, I've had people go in the red or get banned just like your side has, but I am actively working, e-mailing, searching, for new blood just as you are.

So for this I can understand your frustration, but I've put a lot of time, dedication, and sacrifice in order to make sure that my town is full and most importantly happy, "every single day" not when I feel like it, and being upset is the opposite effect of being progressive, as I figure that this if your goal? Shoot me an e-mail in w3 - we can talk there, as I respect the fact that you are at least attemping to do something with your side of the alliance, I personally have zero choice but to look up to that and support it.

DeletedUser

Like IronGambit, I too prefer to communicate through e-mail, in-game telegrams or chat of some sort but since the question has *somewhat* been raised on the cause of the IA / UTW division let me explain the cause.

It was all about communication, or the lack there of. There were a few instances when telegrams were sent out asking for assistance in defenses but were outright ignored. The first time I let it slide due do the BITW/O-Lore tactic of multiple attacks and not really knowing what fort was the main target. However when this happened again and I received inside information on what the true target was and sent out this information it was also ignored and all the UTW forces huddled around a fort with no attackers.

This was the main cause of IA removing itself from the alliance with UTW. Now, as far as stating neutral goes I tried my best to walk that thin line. But with all the fort battle activity going on between UTW forts or BITW forts and so forth to keep IA neutral to the whole thing was hurting my players that were eager to join in battles just for something to do.
My main commitment is to the members of my alliance and trying to keep the game fun for them. If this involves breaking agreements then so be it. I do agree that it could have been better handled on my end.

Like everyone else I've seen my fair share of great players leave due to the mundane happenings in W3, and I've been trying to work up new ways to keep things interesting or help out other people with their pet projects. The past week I have been working with a lot of you gathering lists of players interested in filling up a fort battle in search of good items. This is nearly complete and should be happening within the next day or two thanks to help from Electrons and others.

It is more organized projects like those that are needed to help spice things up and bring more contribution and activity from the older W3 players. I am always willing to help where I can so all you have to do is ask. (But as I said in the beginning, I prefer to use other communication methods and not this forum).

-Ronan

DeletedUser1855

I wasn't for having huge unions either, but was just that chief of construction in there, others wanted it, at first it was only for more shopping capacities, then it got out of hand and I pretty much left them for a while (to fight you).

As for the BITW offer, no thanks, I'm sure you lost your leadership power in there a while ago. I don't know who are the current leaders are now but they're probably wonder wtf you're talking about.

And anyway, as I told you last time you asked me and the rest of UTW to join BITW, and then break up with O-Lore, the only difference there would be is that O-Lore would be the ones being outnumbered. BITW makes up for about half the fighters on your side.
I'd much prefer some 3+ way fight, but I fear it'd be near impossible, there would still be some team up when it would come to UTW against one of your two.

I miss your dueling :). I am not be active but I am still confident on my leadership quality that I can still have a town with decent players. You mention in one of your post no one wants to go against BITW or O-lore coz they want to be on the winning side. If this was true BITW could not have survive between US alliance and UTW alliance. 3+ way fighting in only possible if we have few towns and not 100s of towns with 2 or 3 members. Communication is difficult when members are divided and are miles apart with each other and even you do not know who is active.

If developers are reading this message please decrease the map size and have a minimum members limit for each town for atlease mature worlds.

DeletedUser1855

It is obviously through my outstanding relationship that I am even responding with Bob T. and the rest of the O'lores - everyone deserves a response, as I personally cannot speak for my entire town and or the rest of the BITW members, I can give my side of the story and or perception?

You can speak on behalf of BITW.

DeletedUser

I have been for some time now Amitohia , Meklop was right when he said that I did not know who you were. (and was wondering) Feel free to connect with me on W3 if you want to , I've looked up the name that you are using on the forum and that account does not exist.

DeletedUser

This is obvious,the most boring world and it's in need to make some changes between highest.

DeletedUser1855

I have been for some time now Amitohia , Meklop was right when he said that I did not know who you were. (and was wondering) Feel free to connect with me on W3 if you want to , I've looked up the name that you are using on the forum and that account does not exist.

Amitlohia = LiveHappy.

DeletedUser

If I was in another town I'd want to shoot O'lore's and BITW'ers, they/we/us offer up a lot targets! :razz:

DeletedUser1855

Mekolp,

Sorry for not able to win the fort back but I will still suggest to stay and fight. Quitting is too simple it take courage to stand and fight again.

DeletedUser

It takes stupidity to stand a fight a lost battle. There are only 2 way with the current state for us to win a fort :
1- Multi battles
2- No one joining the defence
Since I'm not trying to remove more players from the game, I'm against multi since it just annoys the defender more than anything. Do this a few times and they'll just stop going to battle. As for the number 2, I guess we can just forget about it.

DeletedUser1855

It takes stupidity to stand a fight a lost battle. There are only 2 way with the current state for us to win a fort :
1- Multi battles
2- No one joining the defence
Since I'm not trying to remove more players from the game, I'm against multi since it just annoys the defender more than anything. Do this a few times and they'll just stop going to battle. As for the number 2, I guess we can just forget about it.

Number 2 will never happen. What is the use to have a fort if we cannot defend it.