Complaint about change in item stats (Fancy soft leg guards)

DeletedUser

I paid 30k for my Fancy soft leg guards as, they were the best defensive pants for ranged dueller. Now the stats have changed with v. 1.32..:blink:
I find this hard to accept and, would like to have the stats changed back or, at the very least have a VERY good explanation as to why they were changed..:mad:

Sincerely

RWest

(I don't know where else to post this)

DeletedUser

This should be in the saloon, I think. The reason they changed fancy soft leg guards, becasue "it was overpowered for dueling". That´s the only reason I think.

DeletedUser

I really don't care if "it was overpowered for dueling". I just want the pants I bought back.. :)

DeletedUser

Yeah, if you can, try to trade them for blue soft leg guards. :p

The pants were good, with the HP. And I tought they removed the hp bacuse of fort battle hp tanks, to nerf them, now tanks have less HP.

DeletedUser

I think it's a bug when my item stats change over night.. :(
and if I wanted the blue ones, I would have bought those in the first place

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not sure I understand the point of them being over powered. Any one at or over lvl 99 had the option of buying and wearing them so that point is lost on me. Any one under lvl 99 was at a disadvantage but is that not the case with all weapons or gear that are lvl based not just Fancy soft leg guards.

DeletedUser

and I really didn't want this moved to an "ideas" section. I see it as a major problem with this game that this kind of thing can happen.
It's like buying a Ferrari and after a few days You find out that the dealer has changed the engine to that of a Skoda.. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Seriously, look at any pair of trousers you own in real life. the older ones are starting to wear out and don't offer the same protection or quality as new ones.

Consider this has happened and Levi's end of lined the one you bought. You'll feel much better for it.

DeletedUser

Seriously, look at any pair of trousers you own in real life. the older ones are starting to wear out and don't offer the same protection or quality as new ones.

Consider this has happened and Levi's end of lined the one you bought. You'll feel much better for it.

If this was RL yes things get used and there is wear and tear, why would only 1 item in the whole game be subject to this way of thinking, is the fair or reasonable.

We will likely have to learn to adapt but that does not make it right.

DeletedUser

They were made in China using cheaper materials. Everything else uses high density cotton or cotton based faux-leather and therefore is immune to to deterioration.

DeletedUser

Sorry but, I don't find Your comment amusing.
I think that changing item stats is a major issue in terms of keeping faith with dedicated players

DeletedUser

I agree with the change of the soft leg guards being crap, it took a significant amount of HP away from me and is forcing me either to take points from somewhere else or deal with the fact that I have a mediocre amount of HP without them. This update is horrible and is definitely screwing duelers over. I know it's "just a game" but when you spend a significant amount of time setting up a character and molding them into what you want over the course of several months, then they change something overnight??? That's not acceptable and not something I am willing to deal with. I have deleted one character on another world and am on the verge of deleting my main character as well. Call it a rant or whatever, but I've been playing this for a long time and have invested a lot of my time into it.

DeletedUser

meh, clothes do not maketh the build.

nerfs are a fact of life. accept it, fix it and win

Okay are you saying that bonuses provided by gear have no impact?

Try dueling other people of similar level and dueling experience, you duel wearing nothing but your weapon of choice while they have full dueling gear on and let us know how you make out.

nerfing anything will always upset some one, but I would say that it was equal to all the way it was as all had the choice of buying and wearing once they hit the required level no different than all the other clothes and weapons in the game.

delldell56

hmmm...some arguments here don't make any sense. 1) i usually love my old, torn, worn out jeans much more than any new jeans, and i know it's the same for many people. 2) even if you don't like raggy pants, you still have a chance in real life to buy a new pair that is equally good or better than the ones you were wearing. the problem here is that we had some fantastic pants; they were nerfed, and there is nothing available in shops that's even close to what they used to be. so, you got no replacement for your loss.

DeletedUser

Most[read almost all] of the players complained about this change here and in the beta forum long before 1.32 was implemented.But devs just won't change their mind,sorry. :(

DeletedUser

hmmm...some arguments here don't make any sense. 1) i usually love my old, torn, worn out jeans much more than any new jeans, and i know it's the same for many people.

didn't say you didn't love them, said they didn't offer as much in terms of their quality enabling protection (a hole in the knee means less warmth and more rain can get in)

2) even if you don't like raggy pants, you still have a chance in real life to buy a new pair that is equally good or better than the ones you were wearing.

The whole range was EOLd. All other trousers on the market don't offer the same thing, thus they are gone forever.

Plus, more importantly, if you read the post as genuine arguments, you missed the point and will get yourself into a right fluster over the analogy and logic.

You really have to let things go and adjust. And if you want a real life example that has actually had an impact of thousands upon thousands of people and will end up costing them hundreds of thousands of pounds, just do a bit of reading on Apple's latest release for Final Cut, FCPX. You think you've got it bad having a pair of trousers nerfed in a game :laugh:

DeletedUser16008

The whole range was EOLd. All other trousers on the market don't offer the same thing, thus they are gone forever.

Plus, more importantly, if you read the post as genuine arguments, you missed the point and will get yourself into a right fluster over the analogy and logic.

You really have to let things go and adjust. And if you want a real life example that has actually had an impact of thousands upon thousands of people and will end up costing them hundreds of thousands of pounds, just do a bit of reading on Apple's latest release for Final Cut, FCPX. You think you've got it bad having a pair of trousers nerfed in a game :laugh:

Guess you miss the entire point .... Its about players getting shafted as usual after the fact.

As usual and throughout this games updates its been clear that...

The beta world is NOT used as it was supposed to be, testing items and updates properly like good games to iron out the bugs and imbalances of proposed items or systems or changes ... no ... what beta in fact is, is a world where players and mods and developers get to play the cheat n reset game get an early heads up to use in real worlds ( pathetic ) and generally goof off instead of doing their job and what they are there for... dont tell me its not like that I was there in the early days and it just degenerated into a joke...

This has led to badly thought out and untested updates and later fixes that should not be required... bottom line is the players get bent over after buying these items ... in the case of the pants poss now having to consider a respec on top of losing the hp and to buy other pants as well .... ( no i dont care about the hp for me or pants i planned ahead ) that sux

This games developers and in this case management for release before ready and all the poorly tested updates that i cannot even count are down to mainly two things

1 Lack of proper testing on beta where its supposed to be done

2 Releasing updates that are obviously not ready then backtracking after...

Sure the devs have a job to do but..... What kind of crappy management allows half baked unready updates and overpowered items to be released then fixed later...

Poor management and an absolutely useless beta ( testing ) world.

DeletedUser

Nope, didn't miss the point, but from real life experience of such situations where livelihoods are at stake rather than a small amount of disposable income, what I've learned is you can't change anything and giving yourself an ulcer because of it is pointless.