Competition Discussion

KihtrakX

I like having a multi vote but if there's people who disagree with it I won't implicate it into further comps.
If a draw occurs, we will have something planned to determine a winner.
Bhah! you put me in a moral dilemma by doing that. I hate being in that position :mad:

Usually, one vote = I vote myself. But when I have a chance to vote for other entrants :unsure:

I very much like orgo's work. :S

Shte, yours is modified version of jarograv(just imo)...lacks creativity, not your best(from what I've seen so far). :)

I made mine considering what might go up as a Christmas forum banner(consistent with the game). Not much there either....wish I had more time to come up with a better idea(finals going on).

I still haven't cast a vote. Will decide on it if it's going to make a difference :rolleyes:

xShteff

Bhah! you put me in a moral dilemma by doing that. I hate being in that position :mad:

Usually, one vote = I vote myself. But when I have a chance to vote for other entrants :unsure:

I very much like orgo's work. :S

Shte, yours is modified version of jarograv(just imo)...lacks creativity, not your best(from what I've seen so far). :)

I made mine considering what might go up as a Christmas forum banner(consistent with the game). Not much there either....wish I had more time to come up with a better idea(finals going on).

I still haven't cast a vote. Will decide on it if it's going to make a difference :rolleyes:
First, its Shteff not Shte.
Second, I made a similar banner (if not identical) one year ago, when the Romanian community manager asked me to. I did not copy anyone's idea, we both had similar ideas.
I might have a copy of the banner I made one year ago, if you don't believe me I'll show you how it looks like.
I did not vote yet either, but I'm not gonna vote for myself no matter what.

Last edited:

KihtrakX

First, its Shteff not Shte.
Second, I made a similar banner (if not identical) one year ago, when the Romanian community manager asked me to. I did not copy anyone's idea, we both had similar ideas.
I might have a copy of the banner I made one year ago, if you don't believe me I'll show you how it looks like.
I did not vote yet either, but I'm not gonna vote for myself no matter what.
Sorry, Shteff :)

Similar ideas? Yes. I can understand the hats, guns and even the Rudolf till a certain extent. The snowman is what escapes me. That's the part that makes me think you got your inspiration from Jaro's entry. I could be wrong.....but it is what it appears to look like. Or it could be my own paranoia since I have seen your other works and expected a better pimping(I expected some metallic texts wrapped in Christmas ornaments and the toons to be even more jazzed:razz:

Like I said, morale dilemmas are hard on me. You might consider voting for yourself is childish or a bad trait. But this is a competition which has a objective of winning along with having fun :p and one does not vote for the other guy when one is standing in an election. :no: These were things I told myself when I voted for myself in the last competition :hmf:
Pride got the best of me. The way I saw it, if I didn't vote for my work, I myself didn't believe my work was good enough. I will see how it goes this time since it's different :abe:

Back on topic, I do see the plus and minus points of having multiple-votes but like I suspected, it evens out the votes as people won't be able to decide between 2 good banners.

Duduie

If someone has any kind of rule breaking to point out, please send me a PM. If anybody else feels the need to mention disqualifications or game bans, please know you will be directly infracted. This is your last and only WARNING!

sambee

The West Team
Deputy Sheriff
Hey guys

How was your holidays and how did the first month of 2014 treat you?

Be prepared for a competition coming soon. I'm hoping to open one next week sometime so watch this space and tell a mate.

Cheers

sambee

The West Team
Deputy Sheriff
I just arrived, I can still participate?
I'd say yes because everyone's allowed to join, but there's only been 1 serious entry in this comp so I'd suggest waiting until the next comp. If you still want to make a graphic for this one, feel free to do it and show people what you can do.

How many entries are needed for this to go to a vote?
I like having 5-6+ entries per comp.

If there are going to be more last minute entries I can leave it open for a couple more days. Please state here if you want to add a graphic but haven't still.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36464

ok no worries to push, it is unfortunate that there is not more participants, I pub on our alliance chat but few positive responses :(

DeletedUser36464

The theme is... Fondest Memory (Western Style)
I do not really understand the theme, sorry, I did not see any.
western : ok
Memory : ok
fondest ?

:(

RickTractorBolturd

I was wondering for those who inquired about the contest, why did you not enter? I'm a fan of the forum contests myself and win or loose they are at least a great way to get to know a few others in the game and forums. Between the questions and the time frame given, i just thought we would see a few more entries... :tumble:

jarograv

Didn't really like the theme this time around and saw that nobody else was entering. Last time there were few entrants they called the comp off and nobody got anything. I ended up wasting a few hours making two pieces and got nothing for it.

sambee

The West Team
Deputy Sheriff
I am sorry for cancelling the voting for some comps in the past. I knew it would be an unpopular decision. However from now on I'll put every comp to a vote even if there's only 2 entries.

DeletedUser36464

I really did not understand the theme or I would have come to participate :(

jarograv

Some themes that worked well on Grepolis GFX forum and other I can think of:
- Favourite video game character
- Favourite TV show
- Favourite (western) Movie
- Favourite Book
- Seasons (although that was already done on this forum)
- Holidays
- Given 2 or 3 renders and we try to make something out of it

Anny Hudson

I'm not good at art, but I've tried twice when I found the themes easy. Of course, i didn't win anything :laugh: those were horrible art.

Happy Birthday, Sambee :)