Community Reports Discussion

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser35195

Don't matter to me what you all do i play the game the way i want to i'm adventurer and i'm townless so i don't care they can do what ever they want to i can always put my in vm and go on

DeletedUser

DD Hunter

Part of this proposal is to make people who are townless duellable as well.

DeletedUser34546

I don't like the idea of an npc body guard much - but real players in the same town I think is good. It could be like the town sheriff defending the town by bandits... Until that person is killed anyway. :)

DeletedUser

Well, we can change the entire game mechanics so it's all about dueling!

1. Dueling to find products - You have to shoot at everything to get it. Branches in trees can get you stuff like oranges, animal shooting is self explanantory. Flour might be difficult (Can you shoot the mill)?

2. Dueling for money - Pretty clear there

3. Dueling for crafting - hmm, kinda hard, but I can see a system where you shoot for the products then shoot them into shape

4. Dueling for building - Think of Minecraft. You start with a solid block of wood and stone, mountain sized. You and your townmates have to shoot it into shapes (like chiseling, but with bullets and swords), then you have to shoot out the interiors to make the shops. I like the irony of carving out the church from weapons

5. Dueling for Dueling - Yeah, of course. You can shoot anyone and anything. Townless, weak, in wrong clothing - Too bad for you. Gear up, skill up, join the fray!

6. Dueling level - Well, let it go wild. The higher the level, the more 'LP' you put into the job. Let it go to thousand's. Everyone's a target and so is everything! Of course we need to change it to Dueling Points.

7. Forts - Well, that's all about shooting already. Maybe we can finally implement the fort damage and for repair ideas...

I'm probably missing something here. Wandering merchant? Well heck, he can shoot at you too. 'You want to see my wares, duel me first for the privilege!'.

Right, z3dno, please submit to dev's without poll. Such an obviously good idea doesn't need debate. See if you can send it over in a bullet or a throwing knife, just to keep the theme going.

DeletedUser

Well, we can change the entire game mechanics so it's all about dueling!

1. Dueling to find products - You have to shoot at everything to get it. Branches in trees can get you stuff like oranges, animal shooting is self explanantory. Flour might be difficult (Can you shoot the mill)?

2. Dueling for money - Pretty clear there

3. Dueling for crafting - hmm, kinda hard, but I can see a system where you shoot for the products then shoot them into shape

4. Dueling for building - Think of Minecraft. You start with a solid block of wood and stone, mountain sized. You and your townmates have to shoot it into shapes (like chiseling, but with bullets and swords), then you have to shoot out the interiors to make the shops. I like the irony of carving out the church from weapons

5. Dueling for Dueling - Yeah, of course. You can shoot anyone and anything. Townless, weak, in wrong clothing - Too bad for you. Gear up, skill up, join the fray!

6. Dueling level - Well, let it go wild. The higher the level, the more 'LP' you put into the job. Let it go to thousand's. Everyone's a target and so is everything! Of course we need to change it to Dueling Points.

7. Forts - Well, that's all about shooting already. Maybe we can finally implement the fort damage and for repair ideas...

I'm probably missing something here. Wandering merchant? Well heck, he can shoot at you too. 'You want to see my wares, duel me first for the privilege!'.

Right, z3dno, please submit to dev's without poll. Such an obviously good idea doesn't need debate. See if you can send it over in a bullet or a throwing knife, just to keep the theme going.

Ummmm well not sure if you're American or not, but yeah the Great Western Expansion aka Wild West was kinda about guns and shooting... It sure wasn't about picking beans ;)

DeletedUser

But you realize you can pick beans by carefully shooting (or using a melee weapon, slicing) them off the bean stalk right?

And oh yeah, it occurred to me that Inno could finally have a use for that Gatling gun. It could be used for construction! Let's say it adds either +1000 points to building (that's a lot of bullets flying out that thing to carve up that mountain) or it reduces the construction time by 25%.

I also noticed the power of my post, seems to have utterly silenced the debate on this thread. Rock on!!! ;-)

DeletedUser

But you realize you can pick beans by carefully shooting (or using a melee weapon, slicing) them off the bean stalk right?

And oh yeah, it occurred to me that Inno could finally have a use for that Gatling gun. It could be used for construction! Let's say it adds either +1000 points to building (that's a lot of bullets flying out that thing to carve up that mountain) or it reduces the construction time by 25%.

I also noticed the power of my post, seems to have utterly silenced the debate on this thread. Rock on!!! ;-)

Silenced? Not really but I did get a good laugh out of it. :)

DeletedUser35968

Why do we make things so complex?
If you can't face a duel, then there is no meaning playing this game.

Make Non-townie players also duellable.
Then Towns will be filled--> More active towns--> More active worlds.

DeletedUser34781

i agree.. allow everyone be opened to duel even without a town if you dont like it keep yourself on job ko... and also add the fort fighting without a town also.

will improve activity a bit

DeletedUser15057

If a dueler can also use a "bodyguard" then that would make the bounty system effectively worthless - it seems to me that some significant thinking would be needed before any bodyguard system be introduced. In my mind it would be easier to nerf the dueling levels.
I also dont agree that townless players should be dueled, they are townless for a number of reasons - not being a duel target is one of them.

DeletedUser35277

So if I walked up to you in the REAL wild west and decided to shoot you and take your money do you think I would halt and desist in my ways because you were unarmed or were working on putting up a building? All classes can duel. I've made dueling adventurers, soldiers, workers, and yes even duelers. How you spec your account is your choice.

Yes, all classes can duel. By the same token, all classes can work jobs and do quests.
Duelers whine about not having enough targets, well, if you need money, go work jobs
do the dailies, do quests. :D

DeletedUser

Yes, all classes can duel. By the same token, all classes can work jobs and do quests.
Duelers whine about not having enough targets, well, if you need money, go work jobs
We need targets...

DeletedUser34315

"If you are unhappy because you have few players to duel, just don't duel! Go do the jobs, quests, and fort battles that you found enough less interesting than duels that you reskilled to pure dueler! That will fix all your problems!"

DeletedUser

Education

Dueling isn't just about money. Money is a fortunate bi-product of the duel, (You can make more money "on average" in a day by doing certain 15 second jobs...) True duellers duel for the thrill of the duel. We want to test how we have trained, and our equipment, against how you have trained, and against your equipment. It doesn't matter who you are or what your class is. We want your blood. :D The true 0 motivation dueller is the original sociopath of the-west.

"Where do you want to go?" asked the conductor. "To Hell," said the gunslinger. "That will be $2.50, next stop -Lincoln-."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35277

Dueling isn't just about money. Money is a fortunate bi-product of the duel, (You can make more money "on average" in a day by doing certain 15 second jobs...) True duellers duel for the thrill of the duel. We want to test how we have trained, and our equipment, against how you have trained, and against your equipment. It doesn't matter who you are or what your class is. We want your blood. :D The true 0 motivation dueller is the original sociopath of the-west.

"Where do you want to go?" asked the conductor. "To Hell," said the gunslinger. "That will be $2.50, next stop -Lincoln-."

So , you say you want to test your training and equipment? But then you say it doesn't matter what class your targets are? Isn't that inconsistent? To really test your build and your equipment, you should be going up against other duelers with the same focus.

DeletedUser

So , you say you want to test your training and equipment? But then you say it doesn't matter what class your targets are? Isn't that inconsistent? To really test your build and your equipment, you should be going up against other duelers with the same focus.

No you don't get it, and probably never will.

When I came back to the game in 2012 I was expecting to come back to 100k + per world. I started out motivation dueling. By level 80 I was shocked I had maybe and this is a liberal estimate... 50 targets on the world I was playing. I also never hit workers when I came back.

I would love to go back to that system (minus the dueling levels), when we hunted the guys who hit unarmed players and workers. They were chased down and KO'd until they apologized or restarted. But it's not possible with the population and the system as it stands. Between the lack of population/targets and different activity times...

If you enjoy dueling you take what targets you can get now. If you don't you end up with 3 or 4 duels a day and and traveling all the way across the world to get them. We duel because we enjoy it, just like someone fort fights because they enjoy it, and some people do quests because they enjoy it, some do jobs and build towns. It's what they enjoy. "WE" as duelers ENJOY dueling. We test each other all the time, that is the bounty hunting trade.

If dueling is nerfed any more or changed negatively again, this is going to become fancy farmville and the rest of us are gone. I am simply trying to suggest REALISTIC changes that will help EVERYONE involved.

Remove dueling levels. Allow experience to level duelers without the consequence of dueling levels. Set a base level spread for dueling availability depending on a slowly ascending amount of levels. No dueling until level 20. Set the ascending amount of dueling as levels go up. 5 level spread at level 25, 10 at 50, 20 at 100 etc... Obviously adjustable. Those who don't like being dueled will not have to worry long because those targeting them regularly will level up fast enough it won't be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29602

If as much time and effort was put into the dueling system as is put into the FF'ing system it would be great, I would settle for half. Dueling used to be the main stay of the game back in the day. Now its FF'ing. I play one world as a pure range dueler and another pure trade. Big fricken deal if someone duels me. In today's game all it takes is a few buffs an there you go your back where you started.

DeletedUser35120

Anyone thought how this bodyguard system might be abused? What if a dueler sets a body guard for him and he only challenges the fortfighters, and while the real duelers challenge him, it's only the imaginary hp he is losing.

Bad idea, I can't provide a suggestion yet, haven't yet clicked on my mind.

delldell56

from what i read, the bodyguard services cease if the player who hired it starts a duel while using this feature, so only non duelers can benefit from it. now, i don't know how it would affect the 2 duels for dailies, since the protected player can't challenge other players for this, and i am not sure who would get the credit for if you are on the receiving end of a duel but have a bodyguard taking the hits for you.

DeletedUser

If as much time and effort was put into the dueling system as is put into the FF'ing system it would be great, I would settle for half. Dueling used to be the main stay of the game back in the day. Now its FF'ing. I play one world as a pure range dueler and another pure trade. Big fricken deal if someone duels me. In today's game all it takes is a few buffs an there you go your back where you started.

You're right. Even if you get KO'd in the game the only thing you really lose is a few hours and whatever money you are carrying. If you are wise and go to the bank often then you are not even out the money...

Inno should consider shifting the balance of the game at least some of the way back to dueling. The more FFing has being emphasized the lower the world populations get. Do you think there is some correlation with this?