Community Reports Discussion

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser

how is the idea of choosing the wage by the bodyguard himself...10%,20%etc

DeletedUser30224

But better posters than I have already made that point.

No such thing! But what happens if the attackers beats the bodyguard? does the protected player loose Hp as well? Does the attacker get exp from both the bodyguard and protected fella? Better yet, let's not say if the bodyguard loses, but if he get's KO'd ... imagine the situation where you challenge someone and his sissy sister decides to fight you instead in his honor, but you kill his sister will you not spank him as well ? :)

DeletedUser33353

I know this is just ideas of what may happen. More concrete details would be nice to know if the bodyguard idea gets implemented. For example, would they have the same duel level as the person that hired them?

DeletedUser34781

its concept taught after all. but a duel build bodyguard would only be wanted..not a mirrored build or else why pay for it.

Snr Sarg

As a dueller, I like it. Too many duellers don't hit other duellers, and this adds an element of surprise to it, a better challenge when you are going after someone, and is a far better proposal than the previous ones about hitting 0 motivation or the arena ideas.

I have just submitted an alternative idea for dealing with 0 motivation and duelling in general

As for hiring an advent to find stuff for you -- many people do that already, they buy the items the advents find on the market. And you can go to a fort battle yourself already, you don't need a bodyguard for that. :)

Sorry, have you seen some of the prices on the market - $5k for a Lotus Flower :mad: ?? I'd like to hire a NPC lotus flower collector instead, with the right spec for 5 goldenaxes, so I can find one every couple of hours instead - really, is this any different to wanting a bodyguard with a different spec to my own character?

Ditto for fort fighting - yes I can go to a battle myself, exactly the same way as anyone can defned a duel themselves - point is, you want a bodyguard as you don't have the spec, well I don't have the spec to do especially well at forts, so why shouldn't I have that option too?

My main point here is that it is handing all the advantages, yet again, to the non-dueler. You choose your build/spec, live with it. If a non-dueler can have a NPC bodyguard with a different build, then it is only fair that a dueler should be able to have an NPC fort-fighter or NPC product collector with a different build also, isn't that right in terms of balance and fairness?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Bodyguards were a real part of the west, people did hire others to 'deal with their problems' so yeah, should we be able to use them sure! However, that being said once we kill off however many bodyguards (and bodyguards should not take energy to duel) we should still be able to kill the player as well. Only way I'd be for an idea like this.

The problem people keep complaining about is the 0 motivation dueler. This is a proud group I can proudly say I belong to. When I first came back to this game I didn't practice 0 motivation. It wasn't popular when I played prior in 2009-2010.

I have repeatedly said and will continue to say 0 motivation is because of the declining game population which thus causes a shortage of targets. I deleted around level 80. The amount of targets I had at level 80ish and duel level 200ish was next to nothing. Not to mention getting smacked by base level 120/duel level 120ish players. 0 Motivation is also a way to protect yourself from much higher level 0 motivation duelers.

So the fix for this? Remove dueling levels, don't allow dueling until level 20ish, then have a graduated level expansion for dueling. At level 25 maybe 5 level range. At 50 a 10 level range 100 a 20 level range etc... The problem "IS" the dueling levels. Dueling levels have been a problem since I started in 2009. Remove them and institute a basic graduated stage of like I said you'll see a huge improvement.

You can even make motivation MEAN something and have dueling skills drop with lower motivation. Once you get rid of the dueling level system all this becomes possible.

SJ

DeletedUser

Bodyguards were a real part of the west, people did hire others to 'deal with their problems' so yeah, should we be able to use them sure! However, that being said once we kill off however many bodyguards (and bodyguards should not take energy to duel) we should still be able to kill the player as well. Only way I'd be for an idea like this.

SJ

+1

DeletedUser

The problem people keep complaining about is the 0 motivation dueler. This is a proud group I can proudly say I belong to. When I first came back to this game I didn't practice 0 motivation. It wasn't popular when I played prior in 2009-2010.

I have repeatedly said and will continue to say 0 motivation is because of the declining game population which thus causes a shortage of targets. I deleted around level 80. The amount of targets I had at level 80ish and duel level 200ish was next to nothing. Not to mention getting smacked by base level 120/duel level 120ish players. 0 Motivation is also a way to protect yourself from much higher level 0 motivation duelers.

So the fix for this? Remove dueling levels, don't allow dueling until level 20ish, then have a graduated level expansion for dueling. At level 25 maybe 5 level range. At 50 a 10 level range 100 a 20 level range etc... The problem "IS" the dueling levels. Dueling levels have been a problem since I started in 2009. Remove them and institute a basic graduated stage of like I said you'll see a huge improvement.

You can even make motivation MEAN something and have dueling skills drop with lower motivation. Once you get rid of the dueling level system all this becomes possible.

SJ

problem fixed
I too am a 0 mot dueler and have restarted worlds just because the dueling level got out of control, being at 0 mot controls the levels so if INNO "controlled" the levels by what smitty has stated above I feel the 0 Mot dueling problem would go away

DeletedUser

As a dueller, I like it. Too many duellers don't hit other duellers, and this adds an element of surprise to it, a better challenge when you are going after someone, and is a far better proposal than the previous ones about hitting 0 motivation or the arena ideas.

As for hiring an advent to find stuff for you -- many people do that already, they buy the items the advents find on the market. And you can go to a fort battle yourself already, you don't need a bodyguard for that. :)

Well as for bodyguards many players can be hired to duel a troublesome player for you. Isn't this what a bounty is about? There are ways to do it beyond the bounty as well. You can duel someone for market favors, for special items, etc... Just like I can hire someone to go find precious product for me. I personally want a NPC Fort Fighter, I can send my NPC and collect all that good experience and multiple bonds instead of getting my 1 bond a day for my 2 duels!

Seriously lets try to find a REAL solution for this like I mentioned above.

DeletedUser34781

why are people keep harping on about oh can we get one for fort fighting and jobbing sarcastically. dueling was here from the start and anyway to improve or add to it is welcomed. the bodyguard idea needs players to talk and find good and bad from it to see if its worth doing.

i think its a good idea needs tweeks ofc but they always do.

the bodyguard set up could be added like a buff also instead of a premium type option.. have it last a few hours while you are open and vunerable.. would make players keep alert and wary at all times if it ran out

DeletedUser

why are people keep harping on about oh can we get one for fort fighting and jobbing sarcastically. dueling was here from the start and anyway to improve or add to it is welcomed. the bodyguard idea needs players to talk and find good and bad from it to see if its worth doing.

i think its a good idea needs tweeks ofc but they always do.

the bodyguard set up could be added like a buff also instead of a premium type option.. have it last a few hours while you are open and vunerable.. would make players keep alert and wary at all times if it ran out

We should be laughing about it, it's a way of debate Diss. I don't think bodyguard is a realistic idea and I've said my piece about how I "as a player" would be able to tolerate it "as a player." The only way I can see to do it is have it ultra expensive, takes 0 energy to duel them, and that I'm still able to duel the person after I've killed the bodyguard/s.

The reason people are laughing about it and being sarcastic is because it umbalances the game as it is NOW. If someone can have a NPC do their dueling for them, then why not a NPC to do their FFing for them? Or pick potatoes for them? Fair is fair.

Why not be REALISTIC and deal with the REAL problem at hand which is fixing the 0 motivation dueling issue. Not giving it a sub par bandaid that will annoy some players because they can't afford it and others because of the imbalance it will cause.

DeletedUser36216

0 mot

I agree with Smitty,
Dueling levels are a huge issue and raise way to quickly. As a dueler I have always gone 0 mot, only because i did not want my dueling level to go up too quickly. If I wasn't 0 mot I would be a level 70 dueler with a dueling level well over 100. With limited targets I could hit and I'd just end up becoming an easy target for high level duelers to keep me permanently smooshed :mad:. That makes no sense to me at all.

Get rid of dueling levels, go with an idea like Smitty has and the problem is solved.

as for NPC bodyguards? seriously??? isn't that what towns, alliances, etc. are for? to get help you need from others. Dueling is what this game was founded on. Stop messing with it. :p

If were gonna go with hired NPC's as body guards then lets add NPC's we can hire to do quest for us. Now that is a brilliant idea :no:

DeletedUser33353

Ahhhhhhhh.....CowBoy up Girl has spoken.... As always spoken true, but.....we all know it will come to pass. The question is when?
The more I ponder on this this, the more I dislike it.....but, I do not like pants ethier ;)

DeletedUser

Ahhhhhhhh.....CowBoy up Girl has spoken.... As always spoken true, but.....we all know it will come to pass. The question is when?
The more I ponder on this this, the more I dislike it.....but, I do not like pants ethier ;)

Do you remember the struggle we had just to get PANTS? :p

DeletedUser

:) The difficult part is trying to get it evolve for the better not the worse. There have already been a lot of negative changes to dueling. It's time to fix something constructively for once. Besides you don't have to wear pants even now lol.

DeletedUser35195

why have 4 classes just have one all duelers and be done with it be that what every one wants in here to start with if i wanted to be a dueler i would have pick it i will just to my play my x box and play the game gun

DeletedUser

why have 4 classes just have one all duelers and be done with it be that what every one wants in here to start with if i wanted to be a dueler i would have pick it i will just to my play my x box and play the game gun

So if I walked up to you in the REAL wild west and decided to shoot you and take your money do you think I would halt and desist in my ways because you were unarmed or were working on putting up a building? All classes can duel. I've made dueling adventurers, soldiers, workers, and yes even duelers. How you spec your account is your choice.