Feedback Community Project: Fort Limit Rebalancing

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
heres screenshots!!

https://prnt.sc/26juvqa - okay this one i cant really prove it since report dosnt exist no more.. but no one writes random numbers and post a report on their profile tbh.. idk his build but i know his set combo was cortina/spirits!

https://prnt.sc/26juxnj

another one close too 318 in cortina/spirit combo

i did 152 dodges in cortina/spirit combo and im a dueler class.. thats pretty good consider my class isnt ment for tanking

az had couple more 200ish dodges in cortina/spirits but joe was the best one i seen so far over 300.. maybe kidnappy but i cant confirm that!

so dodging 300ish is doable with the write gear and build!!!

this is easily doable on worlds where there are few high quality damagers and tanks that still think cortina is good for attacks. so it's not just about the set combination being great (which it is) but also due to other factors. you will never see those numbers where each side has at least 10 good damagers.

Alduin

Sounds like the kind of ideas I was thinking of. If this was being done then why did INNO give up on it? Make The West Great Again!

That means work, work means hiring developers which is big fat nono because Mr.Krabs policies. Income over quality, nobody spending money ? "Lets sell a disgustingly overpowered set on dotd, cash register go brrr hehehe. Oh no we taking too many negative feedback what should we do, lets ask players what to do but we will do what we want to do so we look like we caring hehehe" Feel free to ban me for this entry @Syntex, plenty games to replace.

Kayah

Hello!
A little idea (selfish) on my side. What if each side's first person to join a battle (if be there to an actual battle) could get a double hearts? Of course it could also be a random number, like each day number changes - today 1st, the next day 25th person to join on each side. And no one knows which one will it be today. This would motivate people to join and nice surprises are always the best! :)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Hello!
A little idea (selfish) on my side. What if each side's first person to join a battle (if be there to an actual battle) could get a double hearts? Of course it could also be a random number, like each day number changes - today 1st, the next day 25th person to join on each side. And no one knows which one will it be today. This would motivate people to join and nice surprises are always the best! :)
Double hearts isn't really an option, but I could see offering a fortune cookie for something like this.

I'm wary to use a random number because there isn't community visibility into that so it is prone to accusations of favoritism.

I'll see if I can come up with something and pass it along

Harriet Oleson

Hi,

Thanks for all of this.

I have a question about the green letter in awesomia battles : yesterday I signed up in the attacking side in Kansas (considered as the disfavored side), I participated to the battle, but there wasn't a green letter neither in the report nor in my inventory. I thought that'd be something automatic, but I'm wondering if there's something we're supposed to do like sending a ticket, if we're just supposed to wait or if there's something I haven't understood ?

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Hi,

Thanks for all of this.

I have a question about the green letter in awesomia battles : yesterday I signed up in the attacking side in Kansas (considered as the disfavored side), I participated to the battle, but there wasn't a green letter neither in the report nor in my inventory. I thought that'd be something automatic, but I'm wondering if there's something we're supposed to do like sending a ticket, if we're just supposed to wait or if there's something I haven't understood ?
As previously mentioned the "Attacker Bonus" is an after the fact thing usually delivered within a week of the battle. I usually send a tele reminder to those eligible for the bonus but haven't gotten around to addressing Kansas' yet (will get to it now)

ALIJOOON

All defaults are based on filling the battles but most of battles are unbalance in numbers
"I prefer to add a Coefficient of damage or health point to weaker side of battle " (Moral Bonus)

For example: in a small fort 35 attackers -42 defenders and attackers have 200k hp and defenders 300k hp
attackers take 15~20% hit bonus and hitting harder

This solution can cover many of fort fights when the advantage of both side are 20-30% unbalance

Last edited:

Caerdwyn

Is it possible for the Digger to be a 4-star general and all other black hats from his town be limited to 1-star brigadiers? That'd incentivize the digger's "advantage" (shooting/moving first). Yes, it would create another level of ranks. Perhaps the Captain ability to set Topic could be reserved for Brigadier and General, but retain the ability to promote NCOs, as a way to further differentiate the officers.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Is it possible for the Digger to be a 4-star general and all other black hats from his town be limited to 1-star brigadiers? That'd incentivize the digger's "advantage" (shooting/moving first). Yes, it would create another level of ranks. Perhaps the Captain ability to set Topic could be reserved for Brigadier and General, but retain the ability to promote NCOs, as a way to further differentiate the officers.
I would go a step further and have the diggers “commanding officer” (CO) rank be transferrable to whoever the digger designates as the leader

Similarly I’d have the first black hat from a fort owner town to sign up get the CO rank they can transfer to whoever agrees to lead.

Additionally I’d have the CO automatically get colored text

Does tweaking skills etc really help with balance?

Alternative thought:-
Think it's time for The West part 2 to be planned.
Currently the odds can be in favor of the defenders, perhaps for good reason, possibly they have put the time and materials into building the fort.
They also have first shot, an alternative would be to let the attackers have first shot, also give the attackers the ability to move 2 sectors on the first movement only and only as a direct movement toward the fort.
What could also make it interesting is a card draw to see which side gets to shoot first.
My biggest grumble with the present worlds is the ability to upgrade, never been in favor of it though have participated. If nobody could, presumably damage and dodges would be less, an advantage that the battle would last longer, which to me is the point of having fun, along with the fort chat.

Ranger-Schwartz

Looked and looked...don't mean to steer this discussion away from topic.....but do we have any info on the easter event? Easter is a week from Sunday...sometimes events start before, sometimes after...not in a rush at all...event overload is a thing to avoid...just wanting to get a head's up

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Looked and looked...don't mean to steer this discussion away from topic.....but do we have any info on the easter event? Easter is a week from Sunday...sometimes events start before, sometimes after...not in a rush at all...event overload is a thing to avoid...just wanting to get a head's up
It started on beta on the 6th so I would assume the 13th or 20th but I have no more insight than that.

Ranger-Schwartz

ok...i just cant stress enough how nice it is to know when events start at least a few days before they do so we can farm, plan, etc. if we can ask syntex or A1 to help notify that would be great