Feedback Community Project: Fort Limit Rebalancing

Beefmeister

I m curios when the feedback will stop, because i see a lot of feedbacks posted here but not even a member of this staff put a comment here :))) , well i m not counting goober.

How its the base round 45 seconds, i can not give an order in 45 seconds... putting 45 seconds to others worlds, well their choice, but do not change Colorado, it started to bother me that someone can not move even in 1 min and 15 seconds , you give an order and other people have 45 seconds, if you put round at 45 seconds, people will have like what, 15 seconds to move?
People that complaining about time of rounds, try to lead and shut up.

people that suggest changing the base rounds have no idea how to lead a fort battle...sometimes it takes 3 minutes for a player to even see the order given 3 rounds ago :lol::lol:

or never led a battle where you have to give more than 10 orders per round

Victor Kruger

people that suggest changing the base rounds have no idea how to lead a fort battle...sometimes it takes 3 minutes for a player to even see the order given 3 rounds ago :lol::lol:

or never led a battle where you have to give more than 10 orders per round

No one who sees an order 3 mins later is worth waiting for ;)

Rule 101 battle leads.. Keep it simple stupid. Forts are not hard, its not that complicated and 50% of the time will be the same rinse repeat to whats next so

I keep the many standard orders ready to copy paste ... n keep it simple ... I dont know others lead but im looking 2 or 3 rds ahead and have 0 time for calling out names every rd in triplicate. And I want my FF thinking for themselves too not just puppets. Micro managing is both time consuming and in the long run self defeating plus dosnt make for better Fort Fighters imo .. people get lazy and wait to be told without communicating themselves for swops n stuff that should be elementary and automatic after a dozen or so battles. This is why Elm and Med were sooo good and a good few others that stand out, ( I wont give current names because there are too many and id miss some ) always in the right place at the right time and boy do they shine.

The more detailed the lead can result in more lazy the team gets in expectation ... Can see it even on Colo with 10 year + vets yet when theres no lead often the team just does what its supposed to... as it always could do .. sometimes a lead not even have to comment for a few rds

It would be a good thing for people here to remember, its an old game on old code, its highly unlikely inno even if they wanted could just jump in and change this or that. A lot would be embedded and have knock on effects elsewhere, as Raider pointed out and on that hes not wrong.... there have been many attempts to change things or numbers over the years for various reasons.

When we used to run the battle events and had various competitions or themes we tried various tweaking of towers or walls lvl in Awesomnia, other things as Goober is finding out just wernt possible. The best way we found then was simply altering the amount of guns taking part... the HP and or the gear... actual system changes were not an option then and had to come from the Devs, unless Inno decides a root n branch remap I doubt much has changed since I can see 0 difference in V2 to the original regarding forts.

PS Goober your doing good work Bro, which im sure others here will agree is most appreciated and well overdue.. Nice one for diving in and hope you have better luck and results than previous times. :up:

Last edited:

Artem124

he just got lucky .. its rare for that many crits.. and 318 dodges?? i have people dodging that much in az with cortina set... so ya

Beefmeister

he just got lucky .. its rare for that many crits.. and 318 dodges?? i have people dodging that much in az with cortina set... so ya

lmao...waiting for that report with 318 dodges...
not even gonna mention that if we weren't there to finish em coulda gone for 500 something since she had 7k hp left

and the crits are because of the amount of shots...completely missing the point, as usual

Last edited:

WhyN0t

43 hits, of course he will have at least 9 crits.
Gringo's weapons are OP especially in a damage set: murrieta clothes (or unionist clothes + lonesome cowboy pants) + golden horse set + gringo weapons and you get a total of 290 sector damage (or 305 with unionist set combination). This is huge. Duellers with no sector bonus will deal +600 more damage per shot. And tanks will deal 550 damage instead of 200 (almost 3 times more). This is insane. I wonder why they offered over 100 gringo's weapons sets to all admins, moderators and helpers in this game. RIP fort ballance...as if the unionist's set wasn't enough. I know moderators who broke inno's regulation about participation in contests and still got gringo's weapons. One of the moderators from romanian server won a quiz contest that he created, then he deleted forum posts which exposed him. Absurdity after absurdity. Sometimes I think this game is inspired by Kafka's novel, The Trial.

DeletedUser15368

Interested worlds could use this functionality to implement the concept of "Fort Damage" -- it could well be a fun dynamic that after every attack the winner requests their fort be reset to zero and races to rebuild it before the next attack.

I really like this concept. It gives supporting playstyles like farmers and builders something more to contribute to an alliance :up:

You're doing good work.
Would the mod team consider experimenting with using interstitials on login to advertise Awesomia battles - where there is a desire/need to increase attendances?

Caerdwyn

[quote (Goober Pyle)]
3) On-Demand NPC digs of owned forts
On ticket request by a black hat from the owner of a fort, HenryNPC may dig battles against their non-awesomia fort (no extra rewards would be offered). If requested, Defense could be restricted to the fort owner's town or alliance. Requests should be made for a specific date and time no less than 4 days in advance.
[/quote]

If Henry successfully flips a fort, will it belong to GM Town, become unclaimed, or simply be unflippable?

Caerdwyn

I really like this concept. It gives supporting playstyles like farmers and builders something more to contribute to an alliance :up:

Why not make it an automatic effect? After every FF, there should be some damage to the fort. Even if it's a single level to a random sector, you either keep up with your repairs, or your forts become easier to lose. Perhaps making it a percentage of attacker damage dealt vs. attacker maximum potential damage would give attackers a greater feeling of some success, even on a loss, knowing they did well enough to do some structural damage.

Honestly, when I first got my grey hat and discovered that many of my forts weren't complete, I thought they did take damage and made it a town project to get everything up to 100%. We had some great buy-in on the project and everyone who took part enjoyed it (or was just humouring me!).

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Would the mod team consider experimenting with using interstitials on login to advertise Awesomia battles - where there is a desire/need to increase attendances?

Unfortunately the login announcement functionality is a bit too restrictive to be used for that purpose. However I may be able to add topics to saloon and will investigate that.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
[quote (Goober Pyle)]
3) On-Demand NPC digs of owned forts
On ticket request by a black hat from the owner of a fort, HenryNPC may dig battles against their non-awesomia fort (no extra rewards would be offered). If requested, Defense could be restricted to the fort owner's town or alliance. Requests should be made for a specific date and time no less than 4 days in advance.

If Henry successfully flips a fort, will it belong to GM Town, become unclaimed, or simply be unflippable?
[/QUOTE]
I don't know. pretty sure it will become owned by GM town though so open season for anyone to attack it back affter ther 24h timeout

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Why not make it an automatic effect? After every FF, there should be some damage to the fort. Even if it's a single level to a random sector, you either keep up with your repairs, or your forts become easier to lose. Perhaps making it a percentage of attacker damage dealt vs. attacker maximum potential damage would give attackers a greater feeling of some success, even on a loss, knowing they did well enough to do some structural damage.

Honestly, when I first got my grey hat and discovered that many of my forts weren't complete, I thought they did take damage and made it a town project to get everything up to 100%. We had some great buy-in on the project and everyone who took part enjoyed it (or was just humouring me!).

The mechanism is moderator admin intervention; it can't be automatic

If a world (say colorado) successfully uses this mechanism regularly the mod team _may_ be willing to employ it without requiring the formality of a ticket

Artem124

lmao...waiting for that report with 318 dodges...
not even gonna mention that if we weren't there to finish em coulda gone for 500 something since she had 7k hp left

and the crits are because of the amount of shots...completely missing the point, as usual

heres screenshots!!

https://prnt.sc/26juvqa - okay this one i cant really prove it since report dosnt exist no more.. but no one writes random numbers and post a report on their profile tbh.. idk his build but i know his set combo was cortina/spirits!

https://prnt.sc/26juxnj

another one close too 318 in cortina/spirit combo

i did 152 dodges in cortina/spirit combo and im a dueler class.. thats pretty good consider my class isnt ment for tanking

az had couple more 200ish dodges in cortina/spirits but joe was the best one i seen so far over 300.. maybe kidnappy but i cant confirm that!

so dodging 300ish is doable with the write gear and build!!!

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Well for example these three new initiatives in no small part originate from the discussion here.

I read the input, and instead of replying “can’t do that” I ask myself “well, what might be in the realm of possibility along those lines?” That leads me to investigating what I _can_ do that I might not have though of before. I couldn’t point to what posts these initiatives derive from because the end result is often not directly tied to the request.

nevertheless the input here one helps me find things that I can do and helps the CM and mods continue to support what I do

Goober Pyle

The West Team
BTW, IF black hats from alliance founder towns representing the vast majority of FF attendees reach out to me expressing an interest in “automatic fort damage” i can take on the responsibility of submitting the downgrade tickets

Above anything, we are not told what Inno willing to change order to make this work. We came up with different ideas, trying to contribute. At least knowing what can be changed or what cant be changed properly we could offer more specific suggestion if not, opening a test server that starts from 150 with pre built forts town and merchants selling fort sets can provide immense data about whats up. As far as i see and experienced just tweaking numbers of attackers/defenders not going to solve any problem.
Sounds like the kind of ideas I was thinking of. If this was being done then why did INNO give up on it? Make The West Great Again!