Feedback Community Project: Fort Limit Rebalancing

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
6 Rewarding the battle leader - I never expected nor would expect a reward simply for doing what I enjoy anyway and always found self rewarding if the team did well, but i do admit the efforts involved especially what id call the serial battle leaders could or should from time to time get something. Simple solution.. a battle leader rank to allow us to move offies etc , rewarded either every x5 battles they lead OR when the team they lead decides it was worthy .. say 20 in large have to vote yes in the team before it triggered any reward 15 med 10 small. Again Its SOMETHING

DO NOT ACT ON THIS YET:
The only mechanism I can think of for this is to use the ticketing system -- After a battle (or any documented and verifiable activity), if there is critical mass of support to honor/reward a player, black hats from towns other than that player's own town could make a ticket recognizing that player (I'd call it "give kudos")
Players that earn a certain number of kudos over a certain window of time could be made eligible for some special rewards at the discretion of the CM.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
3) Duration of battles: While 55 round fights are rare nowadays (except on Colorado), 1h of being online to finish a single fight is too long if you work or got a busy RL. Find the ways to finish the fights quicker, shorter rounds, more reward initiatives to take the flag etc No one enjoys watching pixels moving around the map for 1h.

Unfortunately the only tweaks at hand I am aware of are:
  • Basic time for first round: 5 minutes
  • Basic time for further rounds: 45 seconds
  • Required rounds of holding the flag to take over the fort: 5
  • Maximum number of played rounds: 55
reducing any of those enough to have a meaningful effect on total battle length has huge impacts that are generally undesirable in the early rounds of the battle; a quick limited survey found almost as much support for increasing the basic round time as for decreasing it,

Alduin

Unfortunately the only tweaks at hand I am aware of are:
reducing any of those enough to have a meaningful effect on total battle length has huge impacts that are generally undesirable in the early rounds of the battle; a quick limited survey found almost as much support for increasing the basic round time as for decreasing it,

So we tried to put a Ferrari engine under Lada hood :/ This could be announced early we wouldnt dream for better FFs.

Prljavi Hari

3 Random Item drops. Steel chests seemed previously to satisfy most (maybe not now ) as random drops dead or alive, amount dependent on numbers attending each side. Eg every 10 attending 1 random chest drops, attackers get x2 more to encourage numbers once again to attend. can sell for $ Its SOMETHING

I'd definitely attend battles regularly if there were even a 0.0000001% chance I could drop Golden Tomahawk or Howdah.

You could obviously expand that & include some of the other rare items in the game, but you catch my drift. They're not OP (far from it today as opposed to what they once were), so there wouldn't be no game breaking involved - on the other hand, you'd provide a great incentive for people who are not necessarily 100% driven by FFs to participate by having a chance, no matter how small, to obtain a rare collectible.

Just my two cents.

Artem124

Goober pyle .. i have a idea for awesomia..

let it be attackable as a small / medium / large fort.. whoever digs it gets too choose which size for battle for it to be!

Caerdwyn

The other thing I _think_ we can add to Awesomia battles (though it'll be nontrivial for the CMs and fraught with potential frustrations over who gets the rank) is to log in as henrynpc and as some new NPC assigned to "New York" , have those NPCs join the battle and give a captain rank to some player already signed in.

Recruits who have completed Henry Walker's Special get a Private stripe. If they have also completed Henry's Birthday, they get promoted to Sergeant. Any Sergeant who has completed Henry on Vacation gets a Captaincy.

It would be cool if there were quests with a similar theme and build-up for Old Hamburg, but if it applies equally to attacker and defender, no one will complain (other than about actually having to go quest!).

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Goober pyle .. i have a idea for awesomia..

let it be attackable as a small / medium / large fort.. whoever digs it gets too choose which size for battle for it to be!

As written that would be a dev level request. However it MIGHT be possible to accomplish this via the ticket system.

1) I am not certain awesomia can be converted to a small or medium
2) The challenge is that we probably Can’t mod the fort after the battle is declared and I don’t think there’s an appetite for taking requests from arbitrary hypothetical diggers In advance

For this to work it would have to take the form of designated individuals (eg me...) collecting any such requests to mod the fort and filing a ticket.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Recruits who have completed Henry Walker's Special get a Private stripe. If they have also completed Henry's Birthday, they get promoted to Sergeant. Any Sergeant who has completed Henry on Vacation gets a Captaincy.

It would be cool if there were quests with a similar theme and build-up for Old Hamburg, but if it applies equally to attacker and defender, no one will complain (other than about actually having to go quest!).

I like it, but definitely a dev level thing — no one on the mod team is going to spend the kind of time necessary to do any more than play at most a handful of NPCs just long enough to place them and rank one or two players

Alduin

2) The challenge is that we probably Can’t mod the fort after the battle is declared and I don’t think there’s an appetite for taking requests from arbitrary hypothetical diggers In advance

There is plenty thing can be modded, look at nexusmods. %95 non cannon stuff but people can do it. Would suggest lending a hand but these are way above my pay grade. In age of technology we having more realistic games than real life, saying "we cant mod it" is an excuse. As a company if Inno wants to profit from this they have to invest money on it. This is how investments work, no risk no gain. Back to sell summer spirits one more time.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
There is plenty thing can be modded, look at nexusmods. %95 non cannon stuff but people can do it. Would suggest lending a hand but these are way above my pay grade. In age of technology we having more realistic games than real life, saying "we cant mod it" is an excuse. As a company if Inno wants to profit from this they have to invest money on it. This is how investments work, no risk no gain. Back to sell summer spirits one more time.
I meant modify—if AT1 is occupied and then the tower is downgraded to level 1 what happens? Not something we want to test 0n .net

RaiderTr

Usually such things cause some absurd issues.

I recall Kuro giving 5 level Towers on a small Fort(s) in Event server that we used to train for IFBC 3 and how it broke things and a Dev had to interfere :lol:

Lulu will know :'P

DeletedUser15368

This thread is like you opened the Pandora's box :lol:
This thread is like we've all collectively, for a number of years, been saying the exact same things that we're writing here, but it's actually solicited feedback instead of taking the initiative and being ignored.

Lulu will know :'P
Seems like you have a better memory than me, I don't remember that :'P

I meant modify—if AT1 is occupied and then the tower is downgraded to level 1 what happens? Not something we want to test 0n .net
You'd probably just get shoved to the nearest available place, like stacking, but now we have a problem and a hypothesis - we have to find out, let's break the test server :-D

RaiderTr

Man didn't it take forever..
Guess they finally realized that "new" worlds are no longer attractive (financially) :roll:

But hey I'm proud, even tho I no longer play :'P

Alduin

There is always solution to these, think about games. How they let you certain areas/items/misc after you completed certain quests. As i said its way above my pay grade so i will not even try to suggest anything but getting a proper dev whos experienced enough to arrange stuff.

Victor Kruger

solicited feedback instead of taking the initiative and being ignored.

Is that like a working girls survey sheet ? bit like customer feedback with less BS about implementation ? :-D

Man didn't it take forever..
Guess they finally realized that "new" worlds are no longer attractive (financially) :roll:

But hey I'm proud, even tho I no longer play :'P

They were just waiting for you to leave m8 :'P

Darkuletzz

I m curios when the feedback will stop, because i see a lot of feedbacks posted here but not even a member of this staff put a comment here :))) , well i m not counting goober.

How its the base round 45 seconds, i can not give an order in 45 seconds... putting 45 seconds to others worlds, well their choice, but do not change Colorado, it started to bother me that someone can not move even in 1 min and 15 seconds , you give an order and other people have 45 seconds, if you put round at 45 seconds, people will have like what, 15 seconds to move?
People that complaining about time of rounds, try to lead and shut up.

Last edited: