Resolved Collectors set & Luck

DeletedUser33585

I am delighted to at last get the full collectors set

However I have 1 question about it

The main reason for wanting the full set was to increase my Luck by 50% (Luck = the 4 leaf shamrock)

But it does not increase by 50% or anywhere near

When working at a job, I have removed an item making the collectors set not full, & it reduced the luck by just 10%. And it goes back up 10% when I put the full set back on.

According to the set details - a full set gives 50% increase in Luck (not 10%)

I would be grateful for any help/advice

Edit: I have now tried the same job with the Gentlemans set, & it gives 5% more Luck than the Collectors set!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

You can't see the Holiday set's luck bonus. If you're looking at luck ranges on jobs, that's being affected by the skill bonuses of the clothing items you're changing in and out of. The luck bonus from the Holiday set, Collector's set etc. supposedly improve your chances of finding items, which isn't displayed anywhere.

DeletedUser

The luck bonus from the Holiday set, Collector's set etc. supposedly improve your chances of finding items, which isn't displayed anywhere.

There's no supposedly about it since it affected it visibly before 2.0.

DeletedUser22685

There's no supposedly about it since it affected it visibly before 2.0.

It's never improved my luck. Fine, it improves your chances of finding an item, but don't expect a dramatic increase.

DeletedUser

The collector set is like the festive set: It raises the POSSIBILITY of dropping some item-weapon on a job.
It doesn´t raise the value that you can drop (it can raise the value because it gives a bonus on labor points, so the value on a job raises).

Since we can´t see the percentage of luck we have on the jobs, you can´t know what is the luck.
If it is 10% with the collector set, you get 15% of POSSIBILITY of dropping some item-weapon on that job that is between the values that you have. If the luck is 1%... you get 1,5%.

canufeelit

bingo killado, it raises the original percentage by that amount. anecdotal reports and my own experience suggest it works well on the (pre 2.0) key 3 search, but fairly useless on normal jobs. better to get the increased money drop with better gear unless ur chasing high level gear drops.

DeletedUser33585

OK - so the +50% Luck with the Collectors set is not the Luck you see on jobs!!!

And the +50% increase in Luck with the Collectors set is invisible

Does that mean whatever I see as the Luck range on jobs - I have an invisible +50%?

...........................................................................................

Also on Luck (on the job) the range I have is $2473- 7421

How is it I get a Rose worth $10

DeletedUser

OK - so the +50% Luck with the Collectors set is not the Luck you see on jobs!!!

And the +50% increase in Luck with the Collectors set is invisible

Does that mean whatever I see as the Luck range on jobs - I have an invisible +50%?

...........................................................................................

Also on Luck (on the job) the range I have is $2473- 7421

How is it I get a Rose worth $10

Again, the luck affected is item drop rate, not value. You start out repeating that correctly then you somehow jump back to value, which is not affected. Even if it were affected it has nothing to do with product drops, random or otherwise, e.g. roses.

DeletedUser33585

OK - getting there now (sorry for being a bit thick)

So +50% Luck with collectors set = drop rate (ok got that)

But the Luck shown on the job = $2473 - 7421 & I got a Rose valued at $10 (my assumption was all products dropped will be between $2473 & 7421)

Thanks for your help

Regards

H

DeletedUser

So Items are within that Luck $$$$ banding, but products are not?

The difference between a product & an item is...?
You are making so much strange questions....
Product that´s the thing you need for crafting(and you will create a new product), quests or to equip on your product slot (hope you know what is that on your inventory...). Each job can give you 1 (or 2 or a random on some advanced jobs like breakup gangs) type.
Items are the clothes, weapons or quest items. Those things can be used on quests and/or can be equipped on the 9 places you have on the left of your inventory window.

There are 2 points on the drop of a item-weapon.
One is the luck that you can´t see and it´s fixed for each job.
The other one is the luck range, that you can see.
When you finish the job, the game will check if you can get luck and get an item. If yes, then the item is randomly choose for the ones that are between the minimal value and maximal value that you have on the job.

This things are lower than basics for anyone that plays this game for more than 2 weeks... since you already have the collector set, you are over level 100... how do you still don´t know the things are the lower level base for anyone that starts to play the game today????

DeletedUser

The rose is a product dropped by the job. Most jobs drop 1 product, some drop 2 and some drop a range. Each job window will show you the product they drop (or a ? if they drop a range of products like building palisade does). For example: picking tomatoes will drop a tomato. The chance to get a tomato is written right by the tomato in the job window. It's value has nothing to do with your luck range for the job. It can cost more or less than the value of your luck. The rose you got is a product dropped by the job, independent of the value of your luck.
That value is for finding items such as: pants, belts, clothing, horses etc.
Then there's another type of drop: recipes which are used in crafting.
The chance to find an item (such as pants belts etc) is hidden. And that chance can only be increased by the set luck bonus and decreased by motivation and job duration (doing 5 minutes of work has a lower chance to drop an item than 1h or more).

DeletedUser17612

I would like to exapand that question (sorry to do it here, but this is the most recent topic on drop rates).

What are the current ways to increase the item drop rate?

DeletedUser

What are the current ways to increase the item drop rate?

Item you mean clothes, weapons and other things similar correct?
Using the full collector set, using the holiday set, using allan full set and using the Cartwright horse and saddle.

(or been an adventurer that gets you 10% more possibilities of dropping some item)

DeletedUser17612

Thanx.
So is this correct?:
Collectors set - 9 items: +50% Luck
Quatermain's set - 6 items: +50% Luck
Cartwright's horse and saddle - 2 items: +50% Luck
Holiday set - 2-7 items: +2%, +6%, +15%, +25%, +36%, +52%

You can combine Cartwright's horse and saddle + Quatermain's set to get +100% Luck
or
5 Items of Holiday set + Cartwright's horse and saddle to get 75% Luck

You also need to keep motivation high as it has an influence on item drop rate.

I once saw a number 24% as the base for Item drop rate. Is this correct?

DeletedUser22685

In pre-2.0 the base drop rate at 100% motivation was thought to be 24%, in 2.0 it seems to depend on the job length. Now the 24% likely applies to 2 hour jobs and is divided according to the job length for shorter jobs.