Collector's Set Dreams Dashed?

DeletedUser

I recognize the irony of posting this here, given that I just told a mod this new update was REALLY poorly advertised to players in game (and not just on this forum). The average player doesn't read this forum regularly. I consider myself a more experienced and knowledgeable player and I still don't read this regularly. Simply don't have that much time to sort through it.

Many players (Zeta perhaps) have already completed their Collectors Sets in the servers they play. I understand I'm behind the game here, BUT that said, this new update has royally screwed anyone who hasn't completed it yet. Beyond the usefulness of the set (discussed recently elsewhere), some people would like to complete it to have it nonetheless.

I've personally made a fair bit of progress in one of the servers I play only to find yesterday that I suddenly have dozens and dozens more items (can anyone chime in on exactly how many more?) to find/buy/trade in order to complete this quest.

In very few instances have we seen game changes that screwed with an existing achievement so badly (correct me if I'm wrong). I really urge anyone unhappy with this to discuss, speak up, and let Inno know we are not happy with it and frankly, it needs to be reexamined. :mad:

DeletedUser11353

ave it nonetheless.

I've personally made a fair bit of progress in one of the servers I play only to find yesterday that I suddenly have dozens and dozens more items (can anyone chime in on exactly how many more?) to find/buy/trade in order to complete this quest.

280 new items.

DeletedUser

I agree with you that there was very little time and information to prepare for this change. You could have worked harder to gain your collector set prior to the update if you knew there was 280 new items coming.

Its a pain in the neck more than anything. Those additional items will take some getting, but they havent removed the opportunity to obtain the collectors items, just made it much harder. Good luck getting them to change that.

DeletedUser

Many players (Zeta perhaps) have already completed their Collectors Sets in the servers they play. I understand I'm behind the game here, BUT that said, this new update has royally screwed anyone who hasn't completed it yet. Beyond the usefulness of the set (discussed recently elsewhere), some people would like to complete it to have it nonetheless.

Hundreds of players have full collector's sets. I did on 4 worlds and would have had more if I really wanted to. Zeta is hardly a rarity. On the first world where I completed it, I went from 3 full collections to all of them in a week. I don't agree on the usefulness of the set at all. It wasn't the best for anything. Collecting it was just something to do.

DeletedUser33353

Hundreds of players have full collector's sets. I did on 4 worlds and would have had more if I really wanted to. Zeta is hardly a rarity. On the first world where I completed it, I went from 3 full collections to all of them in a week. I don't agree on the usefulness of the set at all. It wasn't the best for anything. Collecting it was just something to do.

Sorry Elmyr, I believe the op. was just saying how it was unfair to be working on it, and having the carpet pulled from under their feet. Perhaps a little update in the future may take care of these little issues.

DeletedUser35968

Collector's set is now difficult to earn. But not collector's rifle which is the only useful item from it. Now collection has some meaning. Earlier it was just for achievements.

In old worlds, most of the people have collector's set. So only few players will be having this problem. But in new world, El Dorado, it will be equal opportunity to collect them.

DeletedUser

Collector's set is now difficult to earn. But not collector's rifle which is the only useful item from it. Now collection has some meaning. Earlier it was just for achievements.

In old worlds, most of the people have collector's set. So only few players will be having this problem. But in new world, El Dorado, it will be equal opportunity to collect them.

Rifle and Camel. Two important things, both unharmed by the update.

DeletedUser

i started 2-3 months ago on W12 and am a non premium player there, but i gotten all collectors sets already except pants belts and revolvers and animals, but those are just a matter of finding someone with loads of shiny's and to trade

solace sorry to say but you are generally in big alliances, and in such alliances it should be easy to find 1-2-3 people who can help out.

though ofcourse atm the availability of items is just low, but that will come

i agree this change was advertized horribly, but imo you play long enough to be used to that since thats generally the case with any change on .net, but on the other hand look on the bright side, this change gives you atleast something to do again :D

DeletedUser

Zeta this isn't just about me dear. If it was JUST about me, I wouldn't go through the bother of posting something in the external forum about it. I'd complain to my townies and move on :)

This is about Inno making a massive change to an existing achievement that hugely disadvantages players who have not completed it yet. This would be akin to adding another 40 steps and rare drops to the Golden Saber quest, screwing over everyone who doesn't have it yet. We've seen them add things in updates, new quests, new achievements, new items/sets etc... but the Natty set isn't required for collections, nor is George McJunkin's set. So why suddenly add HUNDREDS of new items and change the achievement entirely, ESPECIALLY with no notice to .net players.

I can understand implementing this on the new world that will open Monday so everyone is on equal footing, but old servers should be grandfathered in.

I have several town members on Colorado who, like me, are working on this achievement. I know we can't be the only ones across the older servers. I'd really like to submit this for consideration.

DeletedUser34781

what i'd like to know if there's anything planned as a reward for collecting all these new item sets..i've got 148/200 or 280 which ever the final number is ,so far in my invent. if there's something nice waiting at the end it would encourage more to try get the gear..named included.

DeletedUser

Diss, you know you don't need to have them all in your inventory at one time, right? Just touching it once is good enough - so you can sell the stuff you don't need.

Also, why not just make a thread asking for an additional reward for earning the collectors set now in the 2.07 update. If they do not want to increase the stats on the collectors set to make obtaining it (with additional hardships of the 280 items) then how about when you earn the award you get maybe a 200 bond reward or something of that nature?

fortfighter1

I dont agree, Zeta is a special rare case just have not figured out in what way yet.

:D:D:D

DeletedUser

The Tombola sets SHOULD NEVER BE A PART OF THE COLLECTIONS.
That would destroy any base, because if they did that, we all had to use 6700 nuggets-upbs on buying the 5 sets (for now... 5 more will arrive on the shop shortly for the same range of prices).

The other ones, well they are rare. The collector set (at least from what i could get) will raise for level 120 when the level limit raises for 150 and get some changes on the bonuses. Still there is the final piece that can only be received by questers that get to the end of the main story.

The new quests are giving upbs and some money. The new clothes make a fast way up (well not for duelers) for the ones that go on working and making quests until the 70.

DeletedUser34781

Diss, you know you don't need to have them all in your inventory at one time, right? Just touching it once is good enough - so you can sell the stuff you don't need.

i am a collector/hoarder so i keep them all.

DeletedUser

The Tombola sets SHOULD NEVER BE A PART OF THE COLLECTIONS.
That would destroy any base, because if they did that, we all had to use 6700 nuggets-upbs on buying the 5 sets (for now... 5 more will arrive on the shop shortly for the same range of prices).

Are those new sets a part of the collectors set requirements? I'm not really playing atm so i don't know exactly what's going on but yeah, rare sets like those shouldn't become a part i think - they're too limited (no chance to receive in a box either, right?). But all general store items is still okay in my opinion.

Though they added the 280 new items (provided that's not including those new sets) then sure it makes the process more tedious, but lengthens the game for us :)

DeletedUser34781

no the tombola items are not.. newly added items which are part of sets of each type are.

DeletedUser

ouch, so the dueller set, soldier set all those must be obtained? /: will take a while but still obtainable to all given enough time.

HelenBack

Some of my previous rantings from this thread...

Oh and with all the new items, now those who have not yet completed their sets for Collections are screwed... They now have to collect all of the new items as well. That is not fair since so many have already completed their collections.
:mad:

Still some of the Collector's items can help to do jobs... The thing is that those who started later and have not completed the collections are now further behind.

BTW, the new items are nice... Those are a good addition! I just wish they didn't affect the collections to get the Collector's items.
:cool:

As for the prices... Damn! What did they do? Use a random number generator? Same with deciding on the new levels for wearing them. Also all of the neckwear now have levels when they never had levels before.
:
blink:

Sorry, but the update wasn't very well thought out...

If they do buff the Collector's Set bonus, then they should force those who have completed their Collector's Set to complete the new items before they get the new bonus.
:hmf:

I still think that they should have left the new items out of the Collections to keep things FAIR... Those who may have only been one or two items away from completing them now have hundreds of items to collect before they can complete them.

Since those who have already completed the Collections think it isn't such an issue... How about taking those achievements and Collector items away until they also finish the new collections... I bet they won't agree to do that...
:rolleyes:

I have completed some collections... except for the Golden Ass... in a couple worlds. I just haven't had the time to meet up with people to borrow a bunch of items to complete them. Time zone differences... work-time differences... whatever... We just don't meet up. It's not like I live here in the West or anything... lol
:no:

Anyways, I agree with Sol... *HUGGLES SOL!!!!* :D But I'm still looking forward to shooting you in AZ. lol
:laugh:

DeletedUser34194

None of the items that come out of the Bond shop are needed for the collectors set.

DeletedUser6752

Don't forget - the original (stated) purpose of the Collector's Set was to reduce the amount of 0s and 1s representing our inventories on the server by allowing people to replace the many (individual items) with the few (collector items). What that originally meant, and what actually came to be, are seemingly two completely different things and while the original argument in favor of the Collector's Set seemed to make sense, the end result not only didn't match up with expectations, but in many cases it just added that many more items for collectors to keep in their inventory.

Solace, I agree with you that some advance warning would have been the decent thing to do, letting us know that the Collector's Set was about to become that much harder to complete; I just happened to finish my last set on CO about a week before the update, purely by chance, so I realize I dodged a huge bullet but there are many who weren't that fortunate.

Seeing as the stats for many existing items have been augmented, it would seem to make sense that they should do the same with the parts of the Collector's Set. If, that is, it WAS intended to replace so many individual items in our inventories. But as it stands, they replace nothing and the Collector's Set only serves to remind us that its original stated purpose, and the "server problem" it was supposed to be fixing, was a straw man.