Collect Market ITEMs automatically!

• Thread starter DeletedUser36193
  • Start date

DeletedUser36193

Proposal
I propose that the market items in the CURRENT BID TAB (not the cash from the sale tab of course) be AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED or given to the player the moment he walks on the town where the item is sold.

Current Workaround
Currently, you have to
1- WALK to the town
2- OPEN the market
3- PRESS the 'collect all items' button
4- then be PROMPTED of market delivery premium service for a ton of nuggets!
5- then press CANCEL
6- or unfortunately and accidentally press OK and lose hundreds of your nuggets!
7- REPEAT steps 1-5 and risk step 6 again and again and again ...... and of course again :( !
Bonus: You have to go back to the previous town/s you had already gone to (or perhaps 2 or 3 towns) because you're afk when your character arrived and that he has already gone to the next towns. Thus, you waste minutes or even hours of your character's life.

Details
On the contrary, what I propose is:
1- WALK to the town
2- then the server would AUTOMATICALLY GIVE you all your items you bought from the market of that town

Benefits
1- Players can just happily queue their visits on the town and continue their real-life work and earn money for the devs from inno!
2- That ACCIDENT I'm talking about would be completely avoided.
3- It would make the life far easier for players who love to buy a lot of market items/products and collect it later (I mean days or even weeks just like me) when the number of items/products to be fetched reaches ∞.

Furthermore, it doesn't really make sense to keep those items in the market because it's not as if it can be robbed from the player like the cash from the SALE TAB.
I mean, the only reason to reject this idea is 'to make life harder for players.' :shootout:

And BTW, I'm not proposing to remove CURRENT BID TAB or to remove the collect individual or all items features. Of course they can stay for players who wants to use them.

Last edited by a moderator:

neel shah

I like this idea.... was thinking about it :D

I walked to a town forgot to collect the items ... I had set for jobs ahead and got KO'ed
and then I had to travel again to that town .
What a waste of time!

Approved by me ;)

DeletedUser30224

No from me. I like life challenging :)

I found something funny so I will point it out, but contrary to how it might look like, I still read your post in it's entirety. "Thus, you waste minutes or even hours of your character's life." translates to: "I have run out of arguments" :p

I think the current market is a bit realistic. I would understand if you would want the town's name to highlight if you have stuff in the town's market or anything of that nature, but the word automatically in this proposal stinks of laziness.

Not trying to insult anyone, just giving my opinion on the matter.
Btw, thank you for formatting your proposal, you have green rep for that.

DeletedUser36193

No from me. I like life challenging :)

I found something funny so I will point it out, but contrary to how it might look like, I still read your post in it's entirety. "Thus, you waste minutes or even hours of your character's life." translates to: "I have run out of arguments" :p

I think the current market is a bit realistic. I would understand if you would want the town's name to highlight if you have stuff in the town's market or anything of that nature, but the word automatically in this proposal stinks of laziness.

Not trying to insult anyone, just giving my opinion on the matter.
Btw, thank you for formatting your proposal, you have green rep for that.

Man, it's not about laziness. You know, some people just don't have time for it just like me. I mean, I can't afford to send my character to a town for 30 min then get AFK then, after 30min, get back on the game to collect items then walk again to nearby towns for <10 min then get AFK then, after that <10min, go back again to the game to collect items and repeat that again and again and again [I got 29 towns to visit (read the previous phrases for about 20 times and still, it's easier than the actual process) - a lot of them are adjacent towns which takes 5-10 min walk]. But you see, I got a business to run and family to feed so I can't really afford to do that.

I hope you understand the last paragraph because just to describe the current situation is hard and confusing.

And about you preferring a challenging life vs. easy life. Man, even God would disagree with you from that. :)

And about the practicality of the game. Well, then let every player who dies in duels/fort fights/jobs be kicked out from the game just like in Tribal Wars and other Inno games where you don't become client-state of the player who conquered you but instead you're automatically removed from the game. And not to mention most of the game's mechanics which don't conform with reality and logic. But the bottom line is that this is just a game. Realism doesn't really count here.

And BTW, this idea is more realistic than the word "automatic" suggests because, you know, what kind of person will travel tens to hundreds of miles to a town without purpose or without doing anything when he arrived on that town?? I mean, if you go to a place, you sure would do something like duel, sleep, buy from the shops, etc. and I'm sure that you wouldn't leave that town until you do something of your business especially those which don't require you to spend anything, i.e. cash, energy, etc. like simple item retrieval. And yea, I know there's the state of being forgetful but ... man, this is not a Philosophy course :D. And I don't even know why logic got involved in this thread.

DeletedUser30224

I agree that it would be beneficial, but then again allot of things would be beneficial: no loss of energy when you get Ko'd, no travel time, instantaneous duels the list goes on. I live in the same reality as yourself, I have a family and I need to earn income, eat, sleep and all those stuff, but how far do we go with making the game less time consuming? How far should we go without making it dull and boring? This is not a fast paced games, everything takes time. It is inconvenient to pick items from town manually, but so are dozens other things. Where do you draw the line?

I am not trying to convince you nor anyone, just substantiating my answer. I'm not trying to make your life harder, nor easier. For me the last shreds of realism are a good feature, don't want to remove them. You are in control of your character, you put him to sleep, and tell him to go to work, you should tell him to pick up your stuff from the market as well (I know you cannot queue that; should you be able to queue picking up stuff from market? probably). I never said a thing about logic btw.

DeletedUser36193

I agree that it would be beneficial, but then again allot of things would be beneficial: no loss of energy when you get Ko'd, no travel time, instantaneous duels the list goes on. I live in the same reality as yourself, I have a family and I need to earn income, eat, sleep and all those stuff, but how far do we go with making the game less time consuming? How far should we go without making it dull and boring? This is not a fast paced games, everything takes time. It is inconvenient to pick items from town manually, but so are dozens other things. Where do you draw the line?

I am not trying to convince you nor anyone, just substantiating my answer. I'm not trying to make your life harder, nor easier. For me the last shreds of realism are a good feature, don't want to remove them. You are in control of your character, you put him to sleep, and tell him to go to work, you should tell him to pick up your stuff from the market as well (I know you cannot queue that; should you be able to queue picking up stuff from market? probably). I never said a thing about logic btw.

Hmmm ... :whistle:
Well, the difference between no lose of energy, no travel time, etc. and auto-pickup is that the former affects P2P interaction and the world as a whole WHEREAS the latter affects none.

And no, making the game less time-consuming is not really the main purpose of this idea. I mean, the point here is to remove a frustrating aspect of the game and that is the repetitive actions that you do tons of times just to accomplish a very minor purpose which doesn't even have a minute impact to anybody.

And about it making the game boring. Well, if by the word 'boring' you mean 'not so vivid' or say 'less pronounced', I agree but only in a very insignificant manner. But if you mean it would render it less enthusiastic and fun, then I say no.

And about that "dozen things" that would make the game convenient. Given that it doesn't have a significant effect on anybody, then I don't really know if such ideas/things exist. I'll be glad if you can cite one that is not yet posted in this forum.

And about you not wanting the last bits of realistic aspects of the game removed. Well, I have to agree with you with this one :laugh:.

DeletedUser30224

And about that "dozen things" that would make the game convenient. Given that it doesn't have a significant effect on anybody, then I don't really know if such ideas/things exist. I'll be glad if you can cite one that is not yet posted in this forum.

Ability to disable beautifications (map images, moving objects) - for old computers
Equip best clothes for job button located at job site (doesn't open your inventory)
Equipment manager to have Ok button instead of Cancel
Remove duel wait time of 10 min
Dropping items to county fair without having to go there
Introduce cinema in .net servers

<and going to extremes now>
All jobs at one location
Removal of travel time

.. have I at least made you glad now ?
I do not want to further explain myself, I've said all I needed. You might not like it, but I'm fine with the current market system. Thank you for understanding.

DeletedUser35520

You might not like it, but I'm fine with the current market system. Thank you for understanding.

I agree, the current system is fine. As someone who has had to go from town to town to pick up over 300 purchases multiple times before, i don't see a need for a change. just use your bonds and buy some ground turtle shell and get going, takes 10 mintues. Sometimes it takes 2 shells (20 mins) if you let it pile up and most weeks i have to buy at least one per world. i may miss out on buffs or other shop items my bonds could be used on, but that's my choice based upon the way i play the game. i don't expect it to be catered to.

DeletedUser16628

Way to many changes when you don't need them,in this case why ruin a great realistic system.I currently buy a few items each week and when I go to the few towns it's no big deal to purchase some Rocket Turtle and Git R Done no muss no fuss each time.Maybe one day when I make enormous bulk purchases I may get annoyed with the current system but till then alls good.

DeletedUser33342

what's the point? you made a robot or something to get your stuff picked up? :D
counter: you have to sign in for fortfights, you don't get in automatically when you are at the fort.
sorry, ridiculous :)

<and going to extremes now>
All jobs at one location
Removal of travel time

.. have I at least made you glad now ?
I do not want to further explain myself, I've said all I needed. You might not like it, but I'm fine with the current market system. Thank you for understanding.

nothing more to say, i agree

DeletedUser

nice but no from me, for example if you have stuff in 4 different town just you need to make a queue to travel and go through all of them even while you might not be online. NO.

MFRavenhawk

Personally, I think if this is approved, it should also include every item from expired sales suddenly reappear in your inventory and cash from sales should reappear in you hand as well....and gee, you just might suddenly find yourself with $1000's in hand and suddenly be dueled to a ko....or hit a job that you take severe damage on also for a ko.

And guess what? You suddenly lose all that money due to an automated feature.

Sounds a bit ridiculous when you give it the proper parameters rather than keeping it limited to personal convenience now, doesnt it?

DeletedUser

Sounds a bit ridiculous when you give it the proper parameters rather than keeping it limited to personal convenience now, doesnt it?

No true for the people under 48 hours KO protection. See all the PROPER parameters. Personally I'm 99% sure that even if vote this wont get implemented by inno. I bet my most precious items :D

MFRavenhawk

No true for the people under 48 hours KO protection. See all the PROPER parameters. Personally I'm 99% sure that even if vote this wont get implemented by inno. I bet my most precious items :D

If this was fully automated and someone queued up jobs behind walking thru a town and all market items were given to themas they passed thru (stuff they buy, expired stuff they didnt sell, and cash from sold items); even if in a ko-free 48, they can still be ko'd on a job and lose all their money, something I addressed in my last post.

The OP's concept is designed so they can add town market travel to their queue while away from the game, but have market purchases automatically added to inventory as they pass thru. And my original post remarked that it should be expanded to cover all market pick-ups. So what parameter was I missing in my view on this topic?

DeletedUser

Half of what you said is solved by having an extra button in the market front page called "pick up all items in this town". You would still have to be in the town and to open the market, but at least you are not risking losing nuggets, and the amount of steps decreases immensely.

The way you put it, for me it's a no. I like the realism involved, and when i know i won't be logging back for a long time, i'll tell my character to sleep in the town i want to retrieve something. That way, the next time i log in i can pick up whatever items i need, plus i have some more energy :)

Either way, even if the proposal was just what i said, i seriously doubt they'd change anything, because it may not be very simple to implement and the only problems it is solving is laziness and carelessness. Also, the way it is now rewards people who are online more often, which is something the developers obviously want.