Resolved Clothing Changes While Working

DeletedUser

If a person begins a job with one set of clothes and then changes clothes before the job is complete, causing a change in the number of labor points, which set of labor points gets credited to the job when it is finished? Is it the labor points associated with the clothes at the beginning of the job, or the labor points at the end of the job? If it only matters what clothes you're wearing at the end of a job, I would like to wear my best dueling clothes until the very end, then switch to the clothes that would give me the most labor points.

DeletedUser

If a person begins a job with one set of clothes and then changes clothes before the job is complete, causing a change in the number of labor points, which set of labor points gets credited to the job when it is finished? Is it the labor points associated with the clothes at the beginning of the job, or the labor points at the end of the job? If it only matters what clothes you're wearing at the end of a job, I would like to wear my best dueling clothes until the very end, then switch to the clothes that would give me the most labor points.
I think it's what you're wearing when you queue the job that is decisive. I read that somewhere, but it would be nice to have some confirmation.

DeletedUser

That would be awesome! I could cue the job wearing the best clothes for that job and then switch to dueling clothes to protect myself.

DeletedUser

I think it's what you're wearing when you queue the job that is decisive. I read that somewhere, but it would be nice to have some confirmation.
It works that way, yes.

That would be awesome! I could cue the job wearing the best clothes for that job and then switch to dueling clothes to protect myself.
Not always... When you queue the job, you can't unequip everything if the job LP-difficulty difference would drop below 1.

DeletedUser

OK, but as long as I don't fall below 1, I'll get full credit for my original gear?

DeletedUser

Yes you will. At least for "regular" jobs. I'm not sure what happens if you start the duel countdown and then change the gear.

DeletedUser

Jobs count the LP when you schedule!
Here are some important tips:
You can't change your clothes during a duel or a fort battle, so make sure you have the best outfit when you start. If you are dueled, the outfit you have on when you receive the report counts.
I also tested construction and it counts the LP you have when you queue the job, not the ones you have at the end.
During sleep, you need to keep the sleepyhead set on in order to get the recovery %. I don't know how the holiday set works, the bonus is to small to test it right now, I will test it after we get more set items.
As for the walking medals, those are counted at the end, not the beginning like jobs. You can schedule the walk with your best outfit and horse and then put on the donkey or leave no mount for the walking medals. It counts what you have on when you are done walking.

DeletedUser

Duduie, you are indeed a glorious beacon of light! Thanks for the help!!

DeletedUser22356

You can't change your clothes during a duel or a fort battle, so make sure you have the best outfit when you start. If you are dueled, the outfit you have on when you receive the report counts.
I also tested construction and it counts the LP you have when you queue the job, not the ones you have at the end.
During sleep, you need to keep the sleepyhead set on in order to get the recovery %. I don't know how the holiday set works, the bonus is to small to test it right now, I will test it after we get more set items.
As for the walking medals, those are counted at the end, not the beginning like jobs. You can schedule the walk with your best outfit and horse and then put on the donkey or leave no mount for the walking medals. It counts what you have on when you are done walking.

Has this changed with the 1.27 update? I get an error message every time I change my clothes now if I'm doing a job at the same time.

DeletedUser

Also, you cannot change your clothes during a job IF the labor points would fall below 1 if you took off certain item/items.

DeletedUser22356

I know that, but I get an error message ALL the time now. Not just when I try to change clothes that'll make me 1 lp below the required amount. Let's say that I have 100 lp towards a job, but I want to change my hat for a second job that I want to schedule after I've scheduled the first job. Changing the hat would take only 10 lp off the total amount and the system allows me to change my hat. Still, when I do change my hat an error message comes upp - 'invalid job' something. That's why I'm wondering if the above mentioned rules posted by dudie have changed since the new 1.27 update.

DeletedUser

As far as I know, no! You might not have enough remaining labor points for the job if you receive an error message. You need to have at least 1 LP left to change clothes. I just tried it and didn't receive any error message.

DeletedUser22356

i just checked again too. Surely, the system would not let me change my clothes AND still let me do the job if i didn't have the LP's required for the job, so why the error message if there's been no change with the upgrade? I probably should add that the error message doesn't show if you change your clothes while you're scheduling, but it shows if you change your clothes when you're already working on a job. This doesn't happen just on The West Net, but on the foreign servers too since the new update.

DeletedUser

How come it doesn't happen to me? I strongly believe you are doing something wrong. Here's a test: try shining shoes. Schedule the job for 10 minutes, then after you start the job, change one piece of equipment. It is impossible not to work, the job had 0 difficulty. I do believe is your problem only and nothing changed.
Make sure you have no duel scheduled and that you are not engaged in a battle happening.

DeletedUser

I get this "error" at work but not at home.. either it's a problem with IE or it's due to a slow/old computer (scripts lagging)

says "invalid work time" in red text but it doesnt stop you from changing clothes, it's just that you get no popup for the item when you hoover over it

DeletedUser22356

I get this "error" at work but not at home.. either it's a problem with IE or it's due to a slow/old computer (scripts lagging)

says "invalid work time" in red text but it doesnt stop you from changing clothes, it's just that you get no popup for the item when you hoover over it

Thanks, Hoggs! That's all I wanted to know. :) As long as it doesn't change the amount of money and xp I earn from doing a job I don't mind the 'invalid work time' message popping up when I change my clothes in order to schedule a new job while working on something else. If it starts to annoy me I suppose I'll have to download a different browser or splash out on a new PC then as the one I'm currently using seems to be a bit thick! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18270

it acts like a bug! and i get it too. i also get stop running scripts stopping the script. wont let you change your hat and it wont put the old one back into inventory.
but is good to do when you log out as i guess it still runs but it wont be running if you log into another town/world 8 - 9 etc, either.

maintained library or school machines are real clunkers when it comes for them to update things like flash or java they just dont do it here but once/twice a year. then you got a beg for them to add something if you can prove it is relative to learning,reasearch , but dont tell them that its a security risk also ( adobe 's pdf comes to mind) so that is what i gather yep. (beware of free wireless) it could have to do with ram and what they download so you can access the page CACHE faster try clearing the cache in tools - internet options, if you can.
i use other computers that are more up to date and this doesnt happen..

but changing the clothes message is NEW to me since they updated a couple of days ago, today is the first time i noticed it.
And i am on the old clunker.. waiting to do something else or i wouldnt be here or i could be but i would be doing something else.
perhaps if you are using IE 8 that has the funning green ripped paper looking icon. if you click, it says going back to older compatibility mode. yes -no? i think this is 6 or 7 and well clunkeeee!
have a nice day!

DeletedUser

It might be a new conflict between the new update and IE, since it works perfectly fine with firefox or chrome. You could make a short thread about it in the bugs section and switch to firefox or chrome until the issue is solved.