Script ClothCalc will not update

DeletedUser

I cannot get ClothCalc to update anymore. I can export everything to tw-db but when I open ClothCalc the circle with the red x shows up, I click on the x and it attempts to update but then just stops and will not update.

I thought it was a temporary issue but it has been 3 days and it still will not update.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I am using Firefox ver 23.0.1
Greasemonkey
ClothCalc ver 0.32 rev 4

I am now having issues getting TW-DB to calculate jobs I keep getting Json Error. I am thinking this is why ClothCalc will not update. TW-DB will not show me quest reminder on the main page also.

All my inventory is there and I can access other items on TW-DB site.

Also my wife is not having any issues with ClothCalc and TW-DB on her computer.

I am at a loss any suggestions? Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16928

I'm afraid this is happening to you because our server can't handle the load your calculations are causing. Our algorithm for calculations is quite ineffective when you have too many different set items and if the calculation takes too long, it needs to be interrupted, causing exactly the issues you have listed. Although I'm lacking the necessary time, I'm working on some optimizations that could fasten the calculation enough to make it work even for big inventories. Please excuse us in the mean time.

You might also consider selling some low-level ineffective sets, that can be easily obtained again once the algorithm is optimized - for example the whole Farmer's and Pilgrim's set, maybe even easily available parts of other sets, that are unlikely to be in some job's best equipment. With less (different) set items, the calculation takes less time and even a smaller difference can make the calculation work for you once again. Please note that if you have multiple pieces of a set item and you sell them keeping one, it has no effect.

DeletedUser

Petee,

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that was my issue.

I would like to thank you for the great program and I will be more than willing to wait nicely while you get the time to work on it.:D

I am just glad that that is the problem and it was nothing else.

Keep up the good work!

DeletedUser35968

I have to login Tw-db.info everytime to use clothcalc. Why tw-db.info has no Stay logged option?

DeletedUser

I've never had to login every time, but it's still annoyingly often.

DeletedUser

You might also consider selling some low-level ineffective sets, that can be easily obtained again once the algorithm is optimized - for example the whole Farmer's and Pilgrim's set, maybe even easily available parts of other sets, that are unlikely to be in some job's best equipment. With less (different) set items, the calculation takes less time and even a smaller difference can make the calculation work for you once again. Please note that if you have multiple pieces of a set item and you sell them keeping one, it has no effect.

Petee,

Please help, I sold off everything that Cloth Calc said was not used for jobs or custom sets (over 2 million dollars worth of stuff:blink:) and now am down to only 2100 items including all my products and I am still getting the same error and Cloth Calc will not update. I imported my inventory to TW-DB and it now shows my updated inventory but it is still giving my the error and Cloth Calc still does not update. Any suggestions?????

My wife has more items now and her Cloth Calc is still working okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34781

try click the tw-db.info 2nd last button and go to settings tab..then try reset local storage which is in bottom right corner :)

DeletedUser16928

I have to login Tw-db.info everytime to use clothcalc. Why tw-db.info has no Stay logged option?
Actually, I have removed the stay logged (permanent login) option recently in order to prevent anyone from turning it off. :D You should remain logged in by default and the reason why that doesn't work for everyone remains unknown for me. I've never had a problem with it (I have to re-log only a couple times a month), which actually is pretty bad, because then I can't diagnose the problem and figure out a solution. I've even worked with a few people being logged out from time to time, but the problem always fades away when I'm trying to collect some information.

If you really have to log in every time, please try to catch me on skype (sometimes quite a heroic adventure) and I'm sure we will figure something out. Firstly make sure you have no weird cookie policy or anti-cookie plugins enabled in your browser and that you don't constantly switch between browsers / operating systems / computers, always trying to log into TW-DB.

try click the tw-db.info 2nd last button and go to settings tab..then try reset local storage which is in bottom right corner :)
Please be aware that only getting rid of set items can have some notable effect and it's almost entirely about which set items you own (owning 5 Doc's hats is the same as owning one). It's also not only about how many different set items you own, but rather which subset of those items do you have in your inventory... I actually wish I fully understood what it is about :D. Selling them might not always help, so definitely don't sacrifice any collector's item to try it, as I mentioned, I advise to only sell low-level sets like farmer's or pilgrim's.

DeletedUser

Please be aware that only getting rid of set items can have some notable effect and it's almost entirely about which set items you own (owning 5 Doc's hats is the same as owning one). It's also not only about how many different set items you own, but rather which subset of those items do you have in your inventory... I actually wish I fully understood what it is about :D. Selling them might not always help, so definitely don't sacrifice any collector's item to try it, as I mentioned, I advise to only sell low-level sets like farmer's or pilgrim's.

Petee

I tried again by selling off my mexican set farmers set and pilgrims set and still getting the same error.

I then tried dissemblers suggestion and now cloth calc will not even load and just sets there with the duel guns spinning, So now I don't even have my old data populated in cloth calc.

I guess I will just deal with it until you get time to look at it.

DeletedUser

Have you tried the suggestion in the main TW-DB thread (where this should be) for deleting your local storage?

DeletedUser

Have you tried the suggestion in the main TW-DB thread (where this should be) for deleting your local storage?

Yes I tried that now Cloth Calc will not fully load at all.:(

Thank you though

DeletedUser

I was wondering if the Cloth-Calc has issues with Windows 7?

Just finished building my new computer Friday night and have a fresh copy of Windows 7 and haven't been able to use Cloth-calc since. Just loaded The West up on my laptop running Vista and it works just fine on there, go figure. :)

Guess it's time to say bye to Cloth-calc on my Windows 7 machine. lol

Claiborne

What exactly are your symptoms Nivaz? I worked with Petee on two different issues running Chrome on W7.

In the first, ClothCalc would launch in game, then hang. In this case there was no way to select items or change settings. Petee was able to reproduce this, walked me through a local reset (not the one found on the settings page) and I suppose is working on a fix.

The second issue occurs when your inventory increases. ClothCalc will load completely, but calcs will not reflect the new items. This can usually be corrected by selling items. It appears to be more effected by the number of different items, not by total item count. Example, selling 1 of your 70 trout may not correct it, but selling that 1 unused recipe may. YMMV. I reported these findings to Petee.

I do not have these issues with Firefox on XP.

DeletedUser

I do get the tw-db info loaded successfully banner but cloth-calc just sits there with the spinning guns like it doesn't know what to do. does this same thing on briscoe and dakota, and I've removed the script and re-added it a couple of time and even deleted local storage as suggested but still have the spinning guns.

I'm convinced it has to do with windows 7 because I can open my laptop with vista and cloth-calc works just fine.

I did just install windows 7 less than 48 hours ago so haven't activated it as of yet which is what I'm getting ready to do now, maybe that's the problem who knows. :)
Either way I will post after activation whether c-c works again or not.

DeletedUser34781

i've had some issues with it hanging on opening in game.. as i have a pretty big invent on w12..resetting the local storage always does the trick.

DeletedUser

I'm using Chrome.

I did load the game in firefox and added cloth-calc and it works fine in firefox, though firefox isn't my browser of choice when playing the west.

I did go ahead and remove and replace cloth-calc one more time on chrome then deleted local storage again on both briscoe and dakota but no luck, kinda out of options as far as chrome goes.

DeletedUser34084

I'm using Chrome.

I did load the game in firefox and added cloth-calc and it works fine in firefox, though firefox isn't my browser of choice when playing the west.

I did go ahead and remove and replace cloth-calc one more time on chrome then deleted local storage again on both briscoe and dakota but no luck, kinda out of options as far as chrome goes.

Do you have TamperMonkey installed on Chrome?