CLOSED: Town Stealing Hats Prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

To prevent the stealing of towns i think before a founder is demoted the council and other founders have to vote so towns cannot be stolen as easily. This will also put some padding between founders ad councilors.

Okay so there are two founders in your town one of them tries to demote the other. A vote must take place before it is put forward black hats not involved have 2 votes and councilors will have 1 vote if there are no other leaders a random active member will be chosen and sent a message (not by a leader) that would prevent it from being biased

Has it been suggested before: I dont think it has.....

DeletedUser

there should be some prevention but thats far to complicated - we need better ideas

DeletedUser

It isnt that complicated it is a simple vote i guess i might have explained my idea a bit weird but i dont think it is complicated

DeletedUser

random active member will be chosen and sent a message

could be another infiltrated member and its really hard to implement id imagine.

DeletedUser22575

To prevent the stealing of towns i think before a founder is demoted the council and other founders have to vote so towns cannot be stolen as easily. This will also put some padding between founders ad councilors.

Okay so there are two founders in your town one of them tries to demote the other. A vote must take place before it is put forward black hats not involved have 2 votes and councilors will have 1 vote if there are no other leaders a random active member will be chosen and sent a message (not by a leader) that would prevent it from being biased

Has it been suggested before: I dont think it has.....

Lets see...so I go and start a town. Someone comes along whom I think should be a black hat and I promote them. He does not perform according to my town philosophy or as I think he should.

So instead of being able to demote me you want me to have a vote?

Not happening.

I am demoting him.

As a player if you don't like that you have a recourse...go find a different town. Internal town politics should be handled internally by those involved in the town..not through some method mandated by the system.

DeletedUser27771

Why not create a third Tier in the Cities Profile. You have Town Counselor and Town Founder. What about a town Fore-Father that cannot be booted by anyone, but they can be removed if they are inactive for a set period of time, or they can demote themselves. Anyone that Founded the town will be granted that title. (I know there is a Founder Position but you get the idea)

DeletedUser

I am pretty certain suggestions like this have been posted countless times in the past, if you don't want to have your town stolen simply do not promote folk to town founder status, problem solved.

DeletedUser22575

Why not create a third Tier in the Cities Profile. You have Town Counselor and Town Founder. What about a town Fore-Father that cannot be booted by anyone, but they can be removed if they are inactive for a set period of time, or they can demote themselves. Anyone that Founded the town will be granted that title. (I know there is a Founder Position but you get the idea)

Not a bad idea. But I still have to ask why is any change needed from the present system? Really the only time I have seen founders and counselors talking about voting, etc, is when someone is trying to pull a coup and take over a town.

Maybe Syncho could elaborate a little more on why he thinks this is needed ??

DeletedUser

This is needed because towns are stolen a lot more then people think maybe my idea isnt the best way to go but something should be done i think Kylfyre's idea is pretty good though

DeletedUser23359

Sycho!! dude they said you deserved it.. and you actually may have.. Ur idea is FAR too complicated... Propose it in a better way.. Or its never gna get through.. This is what happens when People such as you are made the Founders of a town with ALL ELITE players.. No offence. you can send me a rep for that. LOL i know you will

A better proposal is needed mate.. 1 star for me

Deleted User - 1278415

I am pretty certain suggestions like this have been posted countless times in the past, if you don't want to have your town stolen simply do not promote folk to town founder status, problem solved.

From what I've seen from the Developers they like the concept of Chaos in a town... they want to see how the player can cope with being diplomatic and attempting to control their own town without the need of mechanisms from the game itself to make it easier on you to keep your town from being stolen by another player.

case in point: When the founder of the town goes inactive for 45+ days the founder hat is put in the town management screen for anyone to grab. This means you could have a low level new character grab a founder hat while everyone else in town is level 50+ and dedicated to the town.

DeletedUser23359

Heyy Heyy.. if the Founder is Screwing up.. and he dsnt Give way.. Why shudnt the town SACK him???

DeletedUser25480

how about one person is selected as the town "leader", this player cannot be demoted by any other founders and there can ever only be one "leader", that way there is no way of people stealing towns :D.

and Sanidh its not always like that, the leader of the shadow empire CarolAnn stole my town on world 11 (shadow island) because i refused to help her, unless you've had it done to you then you really cant say things like that...

Deleted User - 1278415

how about one person is selected as the town "leader", this player cannot be demoted by any other founders and there can ever only be one "leader", that way there is no way of people stealing towns :D.

and Sanidh its not always like that, the leader of the shadow empire CarolAnn stole my town on world 11 (shadow island) because i refused to help her, unless you've had it done to you then you really cant say things like that...

I play on w11... and its about time Shadow started doing something unique. As far as I was aware shadow just acquired the west never had to defend/attack a fort and let Legion fight forts against the Central areas.

But as for the topic... having 1 person as the leader shows that the town was corrupt and that your recruitment process was flawed. I've honestly never been down that route... but I always brought people in from other worlds who I played with and surrounded myself with trust worthy players. I know when I leave my town that I had trusting players who would give me my hat back or else I wouldnt have brought them in and promoted them to black hats... granted some day I'll get burned... but I have more allies in other towns that will let me in as well so if I loose a town I loose it and go to another... that town will eventually fail anyway if there is that much distrust and disharmony.

Thats my take on it.

DeletedUser23359

Coudnt agree more Feather.. If you trust people
Only then do you make them the founder

So i think it was your fault on that sagaris

DeletedUser

The only reason to give protection from a town being stolen is to allow a founder to go shopping, because then they have to leave the town. But, now we have the marketplace and the merchant, going shopping isn't as important.

As far as the founder getting demoted by someone he promoted to founder, well tough luck. There is very little difference from councilor and founder. You should not promote someone to founder unless you trust them. It sucks when someone steals a town, but it just as much the fault of the person that let the town be stolen.

DeletedUser22575

The only reason to give protection from a town being stolen is to allow a founder to go shopping, because then they have to leave the town. But, now we have the marketplace and the merchant, going shopping isn't as important.

As far as the founder getting demoted by someone he promoted to founder, well tough luck. There is very little difference from councilor and founder. You should not promote someone to founder unless you trust them. It sucks when someone steals a town, but it just as much the fault of the person that let the town be stolen.

I think this says it all.

DeletedUser

most people in my towns are founders but if theres somone new i let them be a couciller for a while just to be sure they wont do anything stupid :p

DeletedUser

Sycho!! dude they said you deserved it.. and you actually may have.. Ur idea is FAR too complicated... Propose it in a better way.. Or its never gna get through.. This is what happens when People such as you are made the Founders of a town with ALL ELITE players.. No offence. you can send me a rep for that. LOL i know you will

A better proposal is needed mate.. 1 star for me

How does any of that relate to this?

Also i think my idea isnt that great and it isnt going to go through but i think if there is a different kind of founder like a Super Founder then nobody can demote him and towns would be stolen

ForeFather- (the "super founder" there can only be one)
Founder- (has all of the rights they currently have)
Councilor- (has all of the rights they currently have)
Member- (has all of the rights they currently have)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.