CLOSED: Remembrance Sunday

• Thread starter DeletedUser25529
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser25529

Just a thought, but whats the chance of a small quest that allows a poppy to be worn on the character, just for the month of November?

Something simple, like Maya, wants you to collect berries, and she gives you a poppy, which can then be seen on whichever coat/jackat/poncho etc etc!

DeletedUser9470

i agree, remember our legion who died against the germans.
1 poppy symbolises one life.
maybe a quest along the lines of donate some of your cash and get a medal...

DeletedUser

This is a nice thought though I think alittle short notice for the developers to add ingame.

DeletedUser

ooo, poppy. Great, and we can turn it in to the chinese npc so he can make opium.

hehe, okay, jokes aside... what is this whole poppy remembrance thing? Obviously whatever it is, I clearly forgot.

DeletedUser

" is a Commonwealth holiday to commemorate the sacrifices of members of the armed forces and of civilians in times of war, specifically since the First World War. "

I believe this game is about wild west and not WW1 so...

No. Big no. Huge no.
I was thinking same thing this game is in the time before World War 1 and there is no reason to put holiday like that in this game. Honor to all victims of wars, but no, no in this game.

DeletedUser9470

well we have things like easter, halloween, christmas etc
these arent at all specific to the west.
instead they are religious or even made up by irish people and coca cola...
so whatever suits you guys really.
it would be nice to remember those who fought in the poppy fields in the marne valley.
1 poppy symbolises one soldier who died fighting for our freedom.

DeletedUser9470

i thought of that one.
if they really did feel ashamed they would be keen to demonstrate remorse and good faith.

DeletedUser25529

I was thinking same thing this game is in the time before World War 1 and there is no reason to put holiday like that in this game. Honor to all victims of wars, but no, no in this game.

And halloween is more of an occasion then?

DeletedUser9470

Halloween is actually a very old celebration and predates the west by centuries.

http://www.history.com/topics/halloween

1st sentence:
Halloween, celebrated each year on October 31, is a mix of ancient Celtic practices, Catholic and Roman religious rituals and European folk traditions that blended together over time to create the holiday we know today.

not being rude but that is some definition!

apart from that i agree with you TJ, Halloween definitely sounds like it was a cowboy and Indian tradition.

LMAO

Deleted User - 1278415

Eyanosa, this is only an informative notice. Please read the sticky threads before posting here. Ideas should use the idea form, be well thought out and balanced as well as contributing substantially to the game in comparison the coding effort required. Your idea fails to meet these standards, so please be sure to read the sticky threads and adjust your idea accordingly.

• All initial posts in this area need to follow the guidelines form format

1 day was given to modify post #1 into idea format guidelines and wasnt modified.

Closing topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.