CLOSED: More Town hats & titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

My idea is as simple as that: That two town rankings are added. One ranking will be called "Mayor" and another one will be called "Alliance Supervisor" or something along those lines. Also I'd like to suggest that some rights are added/removed from the current rankings and I believe there should be a big change to the Councillor. Read below for more details on both ideas.
________________________________________________________________________________

Currently there are only two rankings: The Founder and the Counsillor. This causes a problem. Any Founder can "steal" a town and if one is appointed as a Councillor he can kick other Councillors and normal members out of the town. Also if you want to give a specific job to a member of the town like sorting out the Invitations you have to give him the title of at least a Councillor so that he can do his job, which is risky since a Councillor has other rights like kicking out people, editing the town's profile etc.
________________________________________________________________________________

So here are some more details on the rankings, ordered by the amount of rights each ranking has...

Mayor
The Mayor is the leader of the town. He has complete control of the whole town. He has control of the forum, the alliances, the invitations etc.
The Mayor at the beginning is the player that founded the town.
A Mayor is able to appoint town members as Mayors, Founders, Councillors (and give rights to Councillors) and Alliance Supervisors. A Mayor is also able to remove rights from the four.

Founder
The Founder has exactly the same rights as the Mayor, only he can't degrade a Mayor. This allows a Mayor to give all the rights to a member of his town without the fear of losing his town.
A Founder is able to appoint town members as Founders, Councillors (and give rights to Councillors) and Alliance Supervisors. A Founder is also able to remove rights from the three.

Councillor
The Councillor in my idea is very different from the current Councillor...
A Councillor can have any rights a Founder or the Mayor will give him.
I'll write a list of all the rights below.
A Councillor is not able to give or remove any rights to/from other members.

Alliance Supervisor (Title's name can be different, I can't think of a better name right now)
The Alliance Supervisor is only able to accept invitations for Alliance, create an Alliance, leave an Alliance, disband an Alliance and invite towns to join an Alliance. An Alliance Supervisor is also able to accept invitations for common forums.
What makes an Alliance Supervisor different from a Councillor with the right to do the above is that he will receive a notification whenever the town receives an invitation to join a common forum or an alliance.
An Alliance Supervisor is not able to give or remove any rights to/from other town members.

Minor Changes
  • Minor change in Town Hall -> Residences (see image below).
  • In Residences when you click on the player's name you get directed to the player's profile.
Here is the list of the rights that the Founder or a Mayor may chose to give to a Councillor (I can only think of these, if I missed out anything tell me):

Send Invitations (chosen by default)
Edit Town's Profile (chosen by default)
Dismiss members
Create/Leave/Disband an Alliance and View Alliance's History
Accept Invitation for Alliance
Manage Forum
A Councillor is NOT able to appoint other members as Councillors.
Changes in Town hall:
2a0gt9z.jpg

When you click the player's name it immediately directs you to the players profile.
You have to tick the player's box (you can only chose one player at a time) and you can dismiss the player you chose or manage his rights.

When you click on manage rights you get directed to a new window:
2wp44lw.png

If you tick Mayor, Founder or Alliance Supervisor you can immediately confirm. If you tick Councillor something extra appears:
35atyls.png

When you chose the rights you can Confirm. If you Confirm without choosing anything the first two will be set by default.
Fancy Extras:
  • Maybe there could only be one Mayor at a time and when you chose to make someone else a Mayor you'll be automatically degraded to a Founder ?
  • Maybe Mayors could chose whether or not a Founder can manage the town forum (Councillors can't manage the forum as they are right now, 16/10/2010) ?
Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

I wish you like my idea.... it took me all day to write this whole post.
:):):)
Feel free to discuss and tell me if you'd like something to change or if you want me to add something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

I can tell you went through a lot of thought on this idea and the visual aids are well done. I just dislike the fact that I closed a similar idea to this out this morning since there is no need for a mayor.

The developers like the chaosness of a town and dont want a mayor to have ABSOLUTE control over the town from a game perspective but from a diplomatic verbal/discussion perspective.

DeletedUser

Yah you put a lot of work into it for pretty much the same idea as mine (which is now closed) so i think this needs to be thought about

DeletedUser22575

Still No on this.

If you don't trust them don't make them a founder or a Councilor to start with.

No need for this in the game.

DeletedUser

Tribal Wars has implemented this and it has been that way for a while now there

DeletedUser22575

Tribal Wars has implemented this and it has been that way for a while now there

I could care less what TW does and what system they use. If I did I would still be playing it INSTEAD of The West.

Bottom Line...IMO very few towns are stolen.

The prevention to stealing them is to appoint players you trust to Founder/Counselor positions.

DeletedUser

I can tell you went through a lot of thought on this idea and the visual aids are well done. I just dislike the fact that I closed a similar idea to this out this morning since there is no need for a mayor.

The developers like the chaosness of a town and dont want a mayor to have ABSOLUTE control over the town from a game perspective but from a diplomatic verbal/discussion perspective.

Sycho's thread was as random as it could get... it didn't have any details and his concept couldn't work... as you see I put a lot more detail in and solved the problem of the mayor not being able to leave the town. I'm just saying...
:)

DeletedUser22575

My idea is as simple as that: That two town rankings are added. One ranking will be called "Mayor" and another one will be called "Alliance Supervisor" or something along those lines. Also I'd like to suggest that some rights are added/removed from the current rankings and I believe there should be a big change to the Councillor. Read below for more details on both ideas.

Currently there are only two rankings: The Founder and the Counsillor. This causes a problem. Any Founder can "steal" a town and if one is appointed as a Councillor he can kick other Councillors and normal members out of the town. Also if you want to give a specific job to a member of the town like sorting out the Invitations you have to give him the title of at least a Councillor so that he can do his job, which is risky since a Councillor has other rights like kicking out people, editing the town's profile etc.

So here are some more details on the rankings, ordered by the amount of rights each ranking has...

Mayor
The Mayor is the leader of the town. He has complete control of the whole town. He has control of the forum, the alliances, the invitations etc.
The Mayor at the beginning is the player that founded the town.
A Mayor is able to appoint town members as Mayors, Founders, Councillors (and give rights to Councillors) and Alliance Supervisors. A Mayor is also able to remove rights from the four.

Founder
The Founder has exactly the same rights as the Mayor, only he can't degrade a Mayor. This allows a Mayor to give all the rights to a member of his town without the fear of losing his town.
A Founder is able to appoint town members as Founders, Councillors (and give rights to Councillors) and Alliance Supervisors. A Founder is also able to remove rights from the three.

Councillor
The Councillor in my idea is very different from the current Councillor...
A Councillor can have any rights a Founder or the Mayor will give him.
I'll write a list of all the rights below.
A Councillor is not able to give or remove any rights to/from other members.

Alliance Supervisor (Title's name can be different, I can't think of a better name right now)
The Alliance Supervisor is only able to accept invitations for Alliance, create an Alliance, leave an Alliance, disband an Alliance and invite towns to join an Alliance. An Alliance Supervisor is also able to accept invitations for common forums.
What makes an Alliance Supervisor different from a Councillor with the right to do the above is that he will receive a notification whenever the town receives an invitation to join a common forum or an alliance.
An Alliance Supervisor is not able to give or remove any rights to/from other town members.

Minor Changes
  • Minor change in Town Hall -> Residences (see image below).
  • In Residences when you click on the player's name you get directed to the player's profile.
Here is the list of the rights that the Founder or a Mayor may chose to give to a Councillor (I can only think of these, if I missed out anything tell me):

Send Invitations (chosen by default)
Edit Town's Profile (chosen by default)
Dismiss members
Create/Leave/Disband an Alliance and View Alliance's History
Accept Invitation for Alliance
Manage Forum
A Councillor is NOT able to appoint other members as Councillors.
Changes in Town hall:
2a0gt9z.jpg

When you click the player's name it immediately directs you to the players profile.
You have to tick the player's box (you can only chose one player at a time) and you can dismiss the player you chose or manage his rights.

When you click on manage rights you get directed to a new window:
2wp44lw.png

If you tick Mayor, Founder or Alliance Supervisor you can immediately confirm. If you tick Councillor something extra appears:
35atyls.png

When you chose the rights you can Confirm. If you Confirm without choosing anything the first two will be set by default.
Fancy Extras:
  • Maybe there could only be one Mayor at a time and when you chose to make someone else a Mayor you'll be automatically degraded to a Founder ?
  • Maybe Mayors could chose whether or not a Founder can manage the town forum (Councillors can't manage the forum as they are right now, 16/10/2010) ?
Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

I wish you like my idea.... it took me all day to write this whole post.
:):):)
Feel free to discuss and tell me if you'd like something to change or if you want me to add something.

Sycho's thread was as random as it could get... it didn't have any details and his concept couldn't work... as you see I put a lot more detail in and solved the problem of the mayor not being able to leave the town. I'm just saying...
:)

What you have created here is a hodge podge of new titles where everyone and anyone can dismiss members, invite members, join alliances, or leave alliances...if someone gives them the rights to do so...

You talk about the risk of giving counselors, etc, jobs and turn right around and do so again..under a modified/new/ name and system...actually giving the Councelor the opportunity to have more power.

This does nothing to prevent a town from being stolen.

Your Mayor goes shopping...and they just don't invite him back.

In other words just because a couple of towns have been stolen here and there you now want to completely change the whole system.

Additionally under the present system all black hats are essentially equal. This is incentive for them to work together for the best interest of the town. You are trying to create a superior position for one member so his town can't be "stolen".

If a town is "stolen" and a majority of the other black hats don't like it they can kick the thief, and give the hat back to the person whose town was "stolen". If they don't that tells you something right there.

There is nothing wrong with the present system...look at all of the towns that haven't been stolen

Again, only give founder positions to those you know you can trust...

Deleted User - 1278415

I have to agree with TJ again.. and say I have to close this as well. Your idea doesnt solve the problem of a founder leaving to go shopping. In the end you have to trust someone in town to give you your hat back.

Until you solve that issue there is no need to invent titles as those titles will become outdated and the next person will come along and say give the super mayor title to the backup mayor or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.