Closed: Marriage

• Thread starter BillyJackHaynes
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Possible mechanical effects for marriage would be:
Town founding:
Instead of paying $300 to found a town, a couple could contribute $150 each to founding a town.
Instead of taking 8 hours to found a town, a couple can each invest four hours in the founding process.

"One flesh" construction and dueling scores:
When a couple builds a building together, they use the higher of the two construction scores to do so; or an average of the two scores, but building gets 2 peoples work done in an hour.
When a couple duels another party, they use the higher of the two dueling scores to do so (defence only?).

Team"work"
A couple, working the same job together at the same time can use the highest cumulative skills they share between them. If a husband is lvl 10 and has a 40 construction score and the wife is lvl 10 and has a 40 appearence score, then a job with both skills required counts as 80 labor points being brought to bear on that job.

DeletedUser

I really don't want to see marriage in a game where we have 85% males playing, and that's a generous percent. We'll be forced to get married to other dudes because of the advantages. We all know girls don't exist on the internet.

DeletedUser22575

I really don't want to see marriage in a game where we have 85% males playing, and that's a generous percent. We'll be forced to get married to other dudes because of the advantages. We all know girls don't exist on the internet.

This sums it up quite nicely.

DeletedUser

And there aren't enough lawyers to deal with all those divorces. Honestly, its the most dumbest idea I have seen in those forums.

DeletedUser

• Last Activity: 04-12-2008 04:49 AM
  • Referrals: 0
Since the thread starter wasn't on the forum for years...

And there are absolutely no details about this idea...

Deleted User - 1278415

I hope this one dies... and we dont have to get a lawyer in here to vote on this..

As we say on world 4... Dont Forget the Alimony

DeletedUser

This is a very good idea and it will make the game more interesting .......
:]

Deleted User - 1278415

And what idea are you referring too? I mean which post, post #1 was created as Joxer commented 2 years ago?!

Are you just being sarcastic?

Im about to close this thread due to my lack appetite for this... I'll give you 1 day to direct me to which post has meat in it that I can read to make me appreciate this idea. or better yet create a post within this thread that contains the best parts of this idea.

If it is worthy enough.. then I'll let you create a new thread post #1 and we can start over.. but at this point marriage is not something Im looking forward to reading so it better be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.