CLOSED: Hired Gun

• Thread starter DeletedUser28464
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser28464

HIRED GUN

Players would be able to hire a hired gun/npc dueler (in their dueling level range) that would fight duels in their place if they are attacked.
Hired guns could be hired from the npc duel menu.
When the npc is KO'd, the npc is eliminated, and another one has to be hired.
The cost to hire would be a one time fee.
Costs to hire could be of a range like those in bounty hunter.

Here is an example on how a duel could work:
Dueler Player Attacks Builder Player.
Builder Player has a hired gun. Dueler Player does not know this.
The Dueler Player and Npc Hired Gun have a duel.
Who is defender or attacker is determined randomly on a 50/50 chance possibility.
Only the Dueler player would get a win/lost in the duel rank system.

It would have to be established whether the Npc hired gun replenishes his hit points gradually or totally after a duel (if he isn't KO'D).

Player with a hired gun would not be allowed to initiate duels. They can fire their hired gun anytime. The hired gun would be intended for people who do not want to duel (for various reasons). Of course, if their hired gun is KO'd, they are free game until they hire another.

Other suggestions are welcome.

Pedro, the guy with many ideas.
I will see how this idea goes before posting another.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not sure about this.It doesn't seem much clear,but even if It did,I wouldn't like it.
The idea is for us to duel others and the other way around.
So people who have money would be hiring those NPC's all the time,and no one would get dueled.
Second,I didn't see where you wrote anything about these NPC's...
What are their skills?How do you choose them?

Over and all,I don't like it.To me,it doesn't make alot of sence,and I think that the whole idea of The West would just disappear.

Sorry.:(

DeletedUser

Hmm interesting though would the NPC Hp recover over time ?
I would say there should be cash NPC and premium ones / nuggets which are so dam hard they are worth it.
Only way or point of having this added, personally I like getting rough up now and again makes me remember im not the only one here playing :laugh:

DeletedUser22575

What..you carry your hired gun around in your back pocket and everywhere you are he is?

No to this idea.

DeletedUser

What..you carry your hired gun around in your back pocket and everywhere you are he is?

No to this idea.

Haha no he guards you, though if they add this I want the NPC K.O rule to be dropped it's blood annoying and lame, they hide behide K.O's atleast this way they will have to hide behide cash and a NPC once NPC dead then they can be dueled / K.O'd :D

DeletedUser

I'm not sure about this.It doesn't seem much clear,but even if It did,I wouldn't like it.
The idea is for us to duel others and the other way around.
So people who have money would be hiring those NPC's all the time,and no one would get dueled.
Second,I didn't see where you wrote anything about these NPC's...
What are their skills?How do you choose them?

Over and all,I don't like it.To me,it doesn't make alot of sence,and I think that the whole idea of The West would just disappear.

Sorry.:(

Sorry but I just don't see any reality in your criticism. You think that players who don't want to be involved in duels hiring a npc bodyguard would cause the entire game to cease to exist? Only the cowards with a shriveled manhood that pick on easy targets might get upset but they deserve to have a surprise npc bodyguard smack um around a few times anyway.

I mostly play a soldiers so with my super man tactic bonus I don't have to worry about getting dueled very often anyway but I an see this being useful for workers & adventures who are not skilled for dueling & would never duel anybody if left up to them. Could also be useful by anyone who is traveling a long distance for a quest and doesn't want to wake up back at home.

I doubt this passes a vote but if this where to work there would need to be a few variables added / removed
the npc's should be priced by skill & gear - if you donate your own gear for them to use you never get it back.
A cool down timer similar to leaving a town after your npc is ko'd b4 you can hire a new one.
( prevents players from abusing the feature )
get rid of the npc doing anything other than dueling

if you make those changes & get lucky enough to have a few ppl with the good of the game in mind rather than the normal self serving attitudes found round here I'd give you a 2/5 chance of making it to a vote with a more realistic outlook of 3/4 saying no cuz it wouldn't benefit them personally.

DeletedUser28464

correction

I just deleted a section from the original post called OTHER POSSIBLE OPTIONS. These seemed to confuse a few of the first readers. I think what is most important is the concept of a hired gun/npc bodyguard.
I gave some ideas on how it could work. Other ideas are very welcome.

Pedro

DeletedUser22575

Sorry but I just don't see any reality in your criticism. You think that players who don't want to be involved in duels hiring a npc bodyguard would cause the entire game to cease to exist? Only the cowards with a shriveled manhood that pick on easy targets might get upset but they deserve to have a surprise npc bodyguard smack um around a few times anyway.

I mostly play a soldiers so with my super man tactic bonus I don't have to worry about getting dueled very often anyway but I an see this being useful for workers & adventures who are not skilled for dueling & would never duel anybody if left up to them. Could also be useful by anyone who is traveling a long distance for a quest and doesn't want to wake up back at home.

I doubt this passes a vote but if this where to work there would need to be a few variables added / removed
the npc's should be priced by skill & gear - if you donate your own gear for them to use you never get it back.
A cool down timer similar to leaving a town after your npc is ko'd b4 you can hire a new one.

if you make those changes & get lucky enough to have a few ppl with the good of the game in mind rather than the normal self serving attitudes found round here I'd give you a 2/5 chance of making it to a vote with a more realistic outlook of 3/4 saying no cuz it wouldn't benefit them personally.

This is what I see when I go to log into the game..

Discover new lands and experience exciting adventures and duels!
The West is waiting for you!

No where there does it say that if someone does duel you that they have a "shriveled manhood".

It says "Duel". So based on the game description dueling is part of it. Nor does it say anything about anyone who duels workers or adventurers being "cowards or not interested in the best interest of the game".

So to be blunt..if you play this game you have been warned by the advertisement for it about the possibility of being dueled and shouldn't either insulting anyone for doing so.

That doesn't mean that positive changes can't be made to improve those underpowered classes...but insults aren't going to make that happen.

But..this "surrogate dueler" is not a positive change in my opinion and Hilarion was correct about it taking something from the game.

DeletedUser

Okay,let meh write away now.Ppl,give me some space.
Here we go:

First of all,you bolded my claim,and you missunderstood it later.The game The West from InnoGames wouldn't disappear.It's dea,concept would(it is about dueling and doing quests,mosty..right?)
Everyone gets dueled.This would be an NPC way of avoiding duels.

Now,I understand the "handicap"with dueling in other classes that aren't Duelers and Soldiers.
But those classes don't have any set backs in dueling.Right?Theres no "Workers are weaker in duels,but they build very good"or "Adventurers are good in exploring things,but they can be killed easly in duels".No.

We choose whether we will put some skills in aim or shooting,or in building and setting traps.

I'm not a total negativity to this idea,but I personally don't like it.For me the West would be a bit more boring place.

What about those guys lvl 99 who have plenty of money?Let's say one of em' is an adventurer.He's not good at dueling,but he has alot of money so he'll just hire every NPC possible to protect him.That's not fair.

Anyway,if you ignore everything I just wrote here,and if you can't understand any of it,you can understand one.

My opinion on this is that I don't like this idea.
Sorry

DeletedUser22085

NO duelers are already owerpowered and what would be unfair.

DeletedUser

Pedro, the guy with many ideas.
I will see how this idea goes before posting another.
If I understand what you suggesting is human shield ? As for me I just dont like that idea mabe for worker class only but if you put guarding angel to worker it will be stronger then dueler class if he is using worker class only for cover. ;) Sorry but no and feel free to write your new ideas.

DeletedUser

i get your point H & I'm not belittling your thoughts just offering my own. I don't think if done properly it would have any negative effects.

As I understand it the basic concept would work out like this ; the player who started the duel would still get xp & $ if they won just like a normal npc duel & players who didn't want to be bothered by dueling wouldn't have to deal with it as often. I don't see anything negative about that & I play as the person who would be doing the dueling not the person who would be hiring the npc. It might not be a benefit to me personally but I can see it benefiting others.

Of course there would have to be abuse prevention aspects in place. Things like my suggested cool down timer so they can't buy a new BG as soon as the old 1 gets ko'd ( a growing timer similar to the leave/join town timer would be best so each time they buy a new BG they have to wait even longer before they can buy the next unless it's been weeks since they bought 1 ) & why I didn't read anything suggesting you would be able to hire more than 1 bodyguard making sure that you could only have 1 would be necessary.

The more possible exploits you can think of the more we can solve.

& tj learn to read kiddo I didn't say that applied to everyone who duels ppl tar tar just the ones who like to pick on workers & other easy targets. If you have the cojones to duel ppl with higher levels & better gear good 4 you but thats a rarity in this game

*edit* 1 more thing let me fix this part for you H
Now,I understand the "handicap"with dueling in other classes that aren't Soldiers.
As the other classes don't have any good bonuses for dueling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C OP told you if it doesn't benefit them personally they won't be happy - best go find sum workers if you want this supported

DeletedUser22575

Here is my main problem with this idea.

It prevents risk free character progression to the rich and is class specific (worker and adventurer).

I understand that some don't like to be dueled..but again they knew that risk existed when they started playing this game.

So if this pass the rich will be able to hire these surrogates while the poor and soldier and dueler class will still face risk (and to be fair there are those soldiers who are "fort fighters" and don't care to be dueled).

So...I hire a hired gun on a recurring basis and from there on out I can work and quest with no risk. I can be a member of a town, go to fort fights, do quest with no worries of being attacked.

This is not fair to all of those who play this game and accept the risk which is specifically designed as part of this game.

While I oppose this..if it was going to happen I think this would be a much better option:

1. It would be available to all classes.

2. Since you are hiring someone to die for you the cost should reflect this..somewhere about 100 gold x your level.

2. This should be directly tied to the quest duels and the KO's there. We have players who squeeze the trigger every 48 hours and ko themselves to have risk free playing. That should be changed to go along with this to where if you are ko'd on a quest you can not accept that quest again until 7 days from the time your ko ends.

If they want risk free play then they should have to pay for it just like everyone else.

And even then I would probable oppose this idea.

But I think an interesting variation of this idea would be:

1. If there was a built in random factor..say around 15-20 percent ..that every time you were challenged to a duel a "white hat npc gunslinger" might intercede and duel in your place....free.

2. This would be a modified compromise..no one ever knows when it would happen on either side...and it would allow for a bit more protection for those classes that could use it.

Of course the designers would have to understand for a change that not every npc has Grants Saber :mad:

DeletedUser

This idea will never happen, for one reason.

From what I know, in the future, town members that are in the same spot as you (at a job, in town, etc) will help you when you are challenged to a duel (by firing one shot at the attacker or something like that, I can't remember exactly).

So this Hired Gun idea is useless.

Cheers

DeletedUser

This idea will never happen, for one reason.

From what I know, in the future, town members that are in the same spot as you (at a job, in town, etc) will help you when you are challenged to a duel (by firing one shot at the attacker or something like that, I can't remember exactly).

So this Hired Gun idea is useless.

Cheers

No way ? where did you hear this ? sounds awesome though one step at a time :laugh:

DeletedUser

Here is my main problem with this idea.

It prevents risk free character progression to the rich and is class specific (worker and adventurer).

Just reread the OP & can't find it asking for this to be class specific anywhere so I'm wondering where that came from. idk maybe you confused the classes it would most benefit with who could use it.

1. It would be available to all classes. This was a given from the start

2. Since you are hiring someone to die for you the cost should reflect this..somewhere about 100 gold x your level. cost should be very high but based off quality of the npc not your lvl

I doubt it passes as the "keep workers from getting dueled" threads tend to get closed quick & this is pretty close to that but as long as the abuse prevention is up to par I don't see any negative aspects.

unless a player only duels workers & other easy targets I can't see this being a real big issue with anyone or having any negative effects on the game.

DeletedUser22575

It is/was on the road map. But I have to question its usefulness in a lot of cases. So what if you have a couple of other workers/adventurers working at the same place you are. They are not really going to worry most soldiers by firing one shot at them.

And if you have a soldier in the same area as you..then they will just wait until they are gone and hit you if thats what they want to do.

DeletedUser

Lets make it short: Yet another "stop builders from getting duelled" thread. Case closed.

DeletedUser28464

who is afraid of npc duelers ?

I am very surprised that some duelers would be afraid of npc duelers. Npc duelers, being computer generated, would be inferior to any player build or player strategy. Npc dueler stats would be more distributed and some of their stats would be in non dueling attributes or skills.
However, they would be a better fight than a fight against a player that is neither equipped nor built to duel. It is important to note that these npc duelers would be of the same dueling level as the player who hires them.
I never suggested that these npc duelers would be top guns.

I thought the npc bodyguard would be a nice addition for all to try out and enjoy. I didn't want to scare anybody with this idea.

NB: I personally don't need a bodyguard, I can fight my own duels(if somebody is wondering).
Pedro:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.