CLOSED: GUN/KNIFE New Melee/Ranged Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Arquebuses and crossbows weren't "Old West" either, unless you include 16th century Spanish territory.

Acctualy they did.-The crossbows were used by the American Natives,in the time of American Conquest (such as Tecumseh's rebellion,were his allies like the Ireqoas and others used Harquebuses and Crossbows.)

And btw,the "old"thingies were used in the Old West,but the new one,like the gun-knife thing,didn't.That's a modern inovation.
Then the devs could also implement tanks and aircraft and everything would be complete.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

nice sarcasm Hilarion quite Hilarious that one....

the point im trying to make here guys is the countless bickering between melee/ranged players about how inbalanced sets are due to the inbalance and favouritism shown to either builds....you can go around and around in circles like a dog chasing its tail with ideas of new sets but someone will always shoot it down in flames that it favours 1 build....

YES...the skill factor may be to high
YES...the damage might be to high

cant see the problem with the level usage though...

these are just fictitious figures for an idea and can always be changed

i cant see the problem with the HP though and how it would make the soldier invincible

the conquistidor sword was/still is around but i wouldn`t associate that with the wild west......if you do consider it to be then so is the samuri sword which has been around and still is for much longer..

I am a ranged player and do not use any skills in vigor other than what my attributes have given me and i would probably say the same for melee players with regards to shooting so with defining whether the knife gun is used for what type of build a program routine is written in..

IF shooting is greater than vigor then the weapon is used as ranged

IF vigor is greater than shooting then the weapon is used as melee

something like that...it may work it might not....but i think that maybe an idea like this will make it a lot easier to create sets that both builds can use without the bickering...

DeletedUser

instead of those stats I'd add 5 aim 5 vigor and 5 to appearance, come on, it's a gun-blade! You have to be dangerous

DeletedUser

as i have said weapon skills can be altered but its the concept of having a weapon that can be used by both builds that is seen to be fair with future set designs.....if such a weapon can be created im sure it would be a lot easier to design sets based on knowing it would suit both melee and ranged players.......ive looked around and probably the best looking image is the one i posted second....there is a knife gun with knuckle dusters built into it also but that might be pushing it a bit too far...hahaha

here it is again

ygpd.jpg

DeletedUser

I think the idea of bayonets its better because the above simple is a knife. I don't see a long barrel or any sort of ranged element in it.

DeletedUser

there is a knife gun with knuckle dusters built into it also but that might be pushing it a bit too far...hahaha
monty oum, dead fantasy 2
google it and then watch the whole movie. a knife gun is inside. and animated. since we have japanese RPG style 986573845 HP bosses to kill in this game, why not steal another thing from them?

A screenshot of a sort:
dead_fantasy_ii_1347.jpg

DeletedUser

yago06 it doesnt have to have a long barrel to be ranged....

JoxerTM wow that looks more like a Machete gun

DeletedUser

Shortened shot gun can be used only by duelers.

I haven't posted this above, but I actually wanted to say that I'll never bless a weapon that adds to any character bonus. That means, forget I'll ever say "yes" to a weapon that gives bonus to:
- tactics
- HP
- movement speed
- experience gained on jobs
- building the town/fort
- luck on item finding
- amount of stolen cash in a duel
- dropping the level requirement so you can use level 73 fort weapon when you're level 20
- lowering the danger percent on jobs
- sleeping in hotels for free
- raising motivation on duels and construction
- paying less fees in the bank
- boosting criticals, invisibility or sector bouns in fort fights

just saw this... can someone add this to DO NOT SUGGEST ideas? lol

btw... dead fantasy? what's next? undead?

and I don't agree T.T It'll be hard to make the sword gun to work for ranged if yer melee and melee if yer ranged. Only if it's a 50/50 thing or something

Maybe the gun will work melee if yer vigor is higher than aim and vice versa?

PS: never steal from japanese guys...eh, whaddya care?

DeletedUser

I sometimes don't understand why people don't take the time to think about if their idea even has the slightest chance of making it into the game...

This will never happen, 99,9% sure.

DeletedUser

well whats the point in developing new sets if you cant sort out the indifferences over whether it suits melee or ranged......

i will say it again...if you can develope a weapon that is capable of being used by both builds then it will be a lot easier creating new sets based around this....

as to your effort on criticism bbb we are not talking a lot of skills to work out now are we unlike a full list of ckills/attributes as in sets...

obviously you seem to enjoy flaming other players so this is for you and the others out there..

images

whether a weapon can be used for both builds i mentioned earlier that maybe a program routine can be written in to check the players vigor and shooting stats

if a players

vigor is greater than shooting then the weapon is used as melee

shooting is greater than vigor then the weapon is used as ranged

if they are both equal which i doubt then the player will have to add a skill pt to either to decide the weapons class

im sure this would not be too difficult for the program Developers now would it...

as for the damage/level/skill factors this can also be decided by the Devs but its the concept of being able to have such a weapon that can be used for future sets without all the flaming and bickering about build favouritism, otherwise whats the point in having new set ideas...just leave it as it is and concentrate on new quest ideas which are far and few between these days..

DeletedUser

i was referring..to this comment not the fact about the knives.....

Then the devs could also implement tanks and aircraft and everything would be complete.

DeletedUser

I know to what you have reffered.:)
I sead that because the gadget you're suggesting is used by military units.:)

DeletedUser

Please close this thread now...THE GOON SQUAD....[[[[[and i dont mean the players of the town name]]]]dont like the idea and it seems that whatever they say goes around here....keep on filling the forums up with bickering....more spam to filter through......:laugh:

Deleted User - 1278415

Please close this thread now...THE GOON SQUAD....[[[[[and i dont mean the players of the town name]]]]dont like the idea and it seems that whatever they say goes around here....keep on filling the forums up with bickering....more spam to filter through......:laugh:

OP wants it closed... closing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.