CLOSED: Cannons For Fort Battling

• Thread starter DeletedUser26406
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

If anyone had bothered to state why this idea would add anything to fort battles, I might have taken the time to say why it is bad. Really, the idea doesn't have much detail at all. It's basically just, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool to have a really big gun!"

Please tell me why you think it be a good idea to have a weapon that would "would take out ppl within a 3 by 3 area." Yeah, what a great idea. This way fort battles would last no more than a few rounds. A weapon that can kill 9 people in one shot???

At least magiochi put a little bit of thought into his suggestion, though it still seems too complicated and doesn't really add much to the game play.

DeletedUser

It wasnt my idea, though to add more depth and tactic's, where would you place the weapon ? if a cannon needed two men to opperate the oppersition would need to knock it out ASAP or reroute around. Like I said aswell I would imagine a cannon would need and use 1 unit of dynamite around and gatling 1 unit of ammo round, would be very expensive to use.
Don't forget the fort rules that you can not take a hit higher than 1/3 of your HP, plus with the gatling gun if it was like I said up to 3 hits around remember it's two guys using it so its really only 1 extra hit.

The idea is obvious hence what you said why are you still discussing this why you just answered it to see why it would or should be added.

I would like to see barriers added to fort battles aswell as cannons for attackers only to be placed at the start, though like I said not my idea and little point as this is only .NET would need to get all the world to back it.
Though nothing wrong with discussing what idea's we have, though you think not ? good or bad this is the thread for them all.

DeletedUser

The whole point is that this idea does not add any value an is very poorly thought out. If you want to suggest something to fort battles, some effort should be given to describe why it would be a benefit. It seems like this idea is basically, "Wouldn't it be cool if we had a big gun we could blow stuff up with?"

DeletedUser

What about not taking out people, but taking out levels of walls and/or tower. Shoot at a tower and bring it down to a level 4 from a level 5. Then from 4 to 3 if you have two. Maybe take a 100 hp from each person in the tower as well.

In the end, whoever has the fort, they have to build that tower(s) back up again.

Kayak is right that an "atomic bomb" would be silly, but concept isn't a bad idea.

DeletedUser22575

Wow some very useful input there......NOT !!! just racking your posts up right ;)

It's an idea and if the developers hear it there's no harm done, so why say it unnecessary.
Kay um maybe because there are afew here on this forum that want to talk about it, i cant believe you needed to know the answer to that stupid question.
We all know most of idea's are brainfarts and the ones that do make it to developers takes years before added to the games. By which time the person who suggested it stopped playing the west.
If you dislike the idea please state why not say somehting like this is stupid ricky mullet idea , i've either heard of, God !

Couple of problems:
So attackers need to buy a cannon at a fort shop and bring it to the fort on an ox cart? weird. well that means they cant do that until lv50 for the oxcart mission? really limits this... and who brings it? The person attacking the fort?

So lets say w15 comes along and is premium.. someone then decides to lv up to lv50 very fast.. and then goes attacking every fort because they have the ALL MIGHTY POWERFUL oxcart to get a cannon before any other fort town owners do.. and now they own every fort.

So how do attackers get the cannon if no fort builds a fort shop? and I guess this fort shop would have to be open to everyone to shop at... so if I build it then they will attack me with it.

Why would Inno insert this?
Encourages higher income premium. and

I don't see how this benefits Inno since your idea doesn't appear to incorporate any premium.

As Ive said before on other cannon topics is anyone who is operating these cannons they incur the same effects as the flag zone. They are a known fixed position in the fort and will be shot at.

Cannons should fire at each other first.. when only 1 is left standing then it shoots at your multiple troops deployments. You need to consider how much damage a canyon could take.

These cannon balls at $50 each... who brings these to the battle? each person wanting to fire the cannon? and if they run out/forget to bring them.. then the cannons are useless?

Other attempts at this idea that you might want to consider:

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=40817

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=35685

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=32410

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=26777

And I agree with TJ this has been talked about until my eyes were close to bleeding from reading it. And you need to do better searches before you just throw an idea out and assume it is just the bomb diggity.

^^ there is some useful input for you where this idea has been covered time after time. and as far as i am concerned it has gotten no better, nor will this "new" idea add anything to the game or fort fighting.

DeletedUser

I didn't think my, damage radius concept was that complicated. There is already a system in place where the soldier affects those around him. And also, it doesn't have to kill everything, but just injure over an area.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of importing cannons into the battle.
But eliminating a 3*3 area and killing all those people in 1 shot sounds kinda stupid to me.
A fort battle will be less exiting. Even killing 1 person in 1 shot sounds stupid to me.

my solution: Instead of killing a person it could be a 100% sure hit of for example 250HP for the center and 125HP for the people standing close or something like that.
That way the cannon is very handy but is not an extremly overpowerd weapon.

My 2 solution: The cannon makes a whole in the map so players have to walk around them (deffensive).
The cannons can bring down a wall zo people inside the wall can be shot from the angle of the destroyed wall (offensive).

Just an idea :)

DeletedUser26406

Well what did you think I ment by 3*3?
Thank exactly what I ment! :D

DeletedUser

I thought it went without saying you couldnt kill with one hit as the rules of fort battles you cant hit the enemy with more than 1/3 of there health.

DeletedUser26406

Okay
so send me your ideas in private and I'll take care of everything

(Maybe even send it to the devs if need be.)

DeletedUser

I think it could be a good idea but i would vote no. Guns work just as well plus you can move around

Deleted User - 1278415

Okay
so send me your ideas in private and I'll take care of everything

(Maybe even send it to the devs if need be.)

?? :blink: ?? private chats off of forum ??
?? so you have a direct hook up to talk to the devs? :no:
This idea is closed now because obviously you don't need to discuss it here or have it voted on.

With the recent comments from others about having to read this idea so often, I'm adding Fort Cannons to the Do not Discuss list unless asking a mod first as this idea has been suggested often. If you have a link with the devs then by all means use it to your advantage and get this idea implemented and continue discussing it off forum.

Things to consider before asking to have this idea reopened would be:

1. Not changing game play - meaning: your assuming that you can hit multiple people with a single hit or ko a person in 1 hit.
2. Damage results given/taken by cannons were never discussed.
3. Reloading issues and accidental explosions to the people using it were never considered.
4. Positioning on the map was never discussed how many squares does it take up.
5. Cannon balls - storage for defenders is understood at the fort but what about attackers?

Those are just a few things that need to be figured out before you go thru a mod to discuss this idea again... or to the developers you have a direct link to.

EOS

Status
Not open for further replies.