Clean up script for Valentine's Day

DeletedUser

Proposal
1. Either the devs do it automatically using an in-game update, or
2. They provide us a script to remove all the 'A present from a friend' reports we have, or
3. They provide a temporary report filter called 'Valentines' (thanks Anoop!) so we can do it that was as well.

Current Workaround
Go into your reports and delete either the whole page, or individual reports, an entirely manual process. Right now I personally have 149 pages of reports, and loading times are starting to suffer. Rather than lose gametime by deleting these manually, I'd love to spend that time clicking on jobs, talking to friends, and doing other in-game activities besides admin!

Details
Same as proposal. But the core is to remove just the valentine reports, leaving all others intact.

Abuse Prevention
None I can think of.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

I don't care, I delete mine as they come in, same with all of my reports that aren't for duels or fort battles.

DeletedUser

If you've got about 200 friends, and they're all active in sending you hearts, and say you go away for a day or the weekend, and you come back to 400-600 messages, that's a heck of a lot of deleting. OK, page by page is possible, but still, that takes time. Pick a number, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, more? Surely Inno would rather have us spending in-game time 'playing the game' rather than deleting messages?

DeletedUser

Heck, an evern better suggestion than mine (or at least something to add to the beginning!). Will edit now!

DeletedUser22685

Reports are deleted automatically after two weeks anyway, so I'm not sure any work on the devs' part would be worth it. A player-made script could probably do the job if you don't want to wait for them to disappear on their own.

DeletedUser

Reports are deleted automatically after two weeks anyway, so I'm not sure any work on the devs' part would be worth it. A player-made script could probably do the job if you don't want to wait for them to disappear on their own.
Hogwash, I have reports that are months old. There should be a filter and the devs should work on it and it is worth it ... unless you think the world will end before VD 2015. Once the devs stumble upon anything that increases player interaction with the game, they use it or something very similar again. YES, we need this filter. No question about it. Submit it!

Slygoxx

Reports are kept if you set the access restriction to something other than private. Other than that, they are deleted after two weeks as futu said.

DeletedUser

Deleted or not, we need a filter before this event or a similar pops up again.

DeletedUser30224

Reports are in the "other" category ... not many reports get in the "other" category so just select this category and > Action > Empty Current Directory

Deleted User - 1693871

All the market stuff, town and forum invitations, goes into Other. Maybe instead of this we could do with the market reports at least filtered separately from Other.

DeletedUser

Here's the real point ... I read those other reports. I don't read any of the VD reports. I don't want to even see them. They are garbage that gets deleted without reading. I think many people want a filter to simply turn them off. I really don't want or need 100 notices everyday about receiving hearts. The notices perform a function at the beginning of an event. They make everyone aware of the event. Once we are aware of the event, we want to be able to turn the garbage notices off.
The 'Other' category idea is not a solution. There are MANY other notices in that category that I don't want dumped.

DeletedUser

Good discussion. In the meantime, time is slowly ticking. Can a mod at least let us know if the idea/notion could be passed on to the devs? We're not talking about altering game mechanics or much of anything for that matter...