Class quests

• Thread starter DeletedUser4500
  • Start date

DeletedUser4500

Why cant each class have there own quests?

IE: upto lvl 10 all quests are same. then whichever class you choose depends on what quests you need to do. You would get same xp/money for all the quests just the jobs would be more suited to your class.

I cant see the need for a soldier to tend pigs/sheep, likewise a worker guarding the fort etc.

Soldier would have quests like guarding fort/fetching stuff for fort to be built or transporting ammunition etc.

Workers would have quests like tending sheep/pigs and building stuff. etc

Adventurers would have trading/hunting etc

Duellers would have jobs to kill poeple and maybe need to do jobs to have a % chance of someone duelling them or needing to do a specific job to find somone they need to kill. etc
wouldnt it be better this way to make it more realisitc?

Just my thoughts

Vertitude

DeletedUser

Up to level 10 we're all greenhorn.
That's why all of us have the same quests till level 10. But some of us remain as greenhorn and have more greenhorn quests after level 10. Many of those actually.

However, some of us change class. The game can't know when we'll change class so all of the greenhorn's quests remain unlocked. But when we do change our class, we get an additional quest series for the class we later choose to be.

DeletedUser

There are class specific quests. Since you can't choose a class until lvl 10 you can't start them until then. Just as Joker said.

DeletedUser25487

I think vertitude's question was: why can't each class have almost entirely class-specific quests, instead of having say... a professional soldier be asked to put down his weapons and pick some apples so some NPC can bake some other NPC a pie. The real reason is... game developers prefer writing one quest instead of four.

DeletedUser

Haven't I already replied to that? You start as a greenhorn. The game doesn't care if you'll switch to another class, it just gives you all greenhorn quests. ;)
So if you're a greenhorn, you shouldn't have a problem with collecting some apples to bake a pie. ;)
But let's say the game blocks greenhorn's quests when you switch to another class. What would happen? Noone would pick another class on level 10 but would wait for levels above 50 - because there are many greenhorn quests with AP/SP reward and why would you skip all of those?

I can agree that some quests are so bad that not even a greenhorn could swallow those. For example, check the Wild Horses quest series. This is probably the worst questline I've ever seen in a RPG. ;)

DeletedUser4500

what i am trying to say is like this.

In w 12 i am a soldier and a quest is to collect grain beans and corn??

Why would a soldier do that??? that should be a quest for workers.

I know what joker says that you are greenhorn till 10. thats why i said up until lvl everyone gets same questline. then only changes when you choose your class.

But if then the 'game' as you say dont care youv'e picked a class then surely thats bad management by makers (this is probably not the cae am saying if this is the case)

Some quests dont make sense for the chosen class and maybe could be better disributed to the classes.

DeletedUser

what i am trying to say is like this.

In w 12 i am a soldier and a quest is to collect grain beans and corn??

Why would a soldier do that??? that should be a quest for workers.
I dont agree with that-Some quests stay the same for all classes and you cant change them anyway.Some of those quests we all have to finish,(or get)no matter the class.There are specific ones for certain classes but can be finished even if you're not that class and then you get a item for that same class.For example in Arizona you get through quests whips,adventurers stuff,as well as dueler items and similar.
So some quests stay the same no matter of your class.:):ph34r:

DeletedUser4500

I dont agree with that-Some quests stay the same for all classes and you cant change them anyway.Some of those quests we all have to finish,(or get)no matter the class.There are specific ones for certain classes but can be finished even if you're not that class and then you get a item for that same class.For example in Arizona you get through quests whips,adventurers stuff,as well as dueler items and similar.
So some quests stay the same no matter of your class.:):ph34r:

thats my point!!! they stay same no matter what class. surely would be better if quests were more suited to your class..

DeletedUser

Because is a game and is not an actual copy of real life, but a somewhat adaptation of it, with little changes to make it more fun and challenging.
Because there are different builds (melee/ranged/resistance), there are different jobs requiring different skills to do them, in order for each build to be able to do some and to have a hard time doing others. Class quests are not meant to be build specific quests, or you will not have such a big diversity in builds.
If this game was to be as strict as you are saying, then melee vs firearm duels would not be possible.

DeletedUser

Well it would be more interesting but also alot of work for the devs..Alot of new quests and they would have to "trash"the whole game and start from the beginning.
And as Duduie mentioned,that would be a copy of real life,and in real life..well..you really cant go against firearms with melee weapons..You do know what happened in the Indiana Jones movie with those Chineese men with swords...they just cant go against Harrison Ford...or was it because he had guns and they had swords???xD