Clarkson Gone

DeletedUser

So Jeremy Clarkson has been sacked from Top Gear. Whoever they get to replace him, it will never be the same again. :(

DeletedUser

Wouldn't be surprised. Prediction - Their millions of viewers will dwindle drastically now.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
It sounds like there will be a new three. Reporters would have more luck if they got lunch at the BBC instead of hanging out outside James May's house.

DeletedUser23252

if may and hammond don't renew their contracts then top gear is over.

DeletedUser36559

The police sure do have a warped sense of priorities these days! I don't condone Jeremy's behaviour on this occasion but can't help feeling that this has been blown up out of all proportion. As for previous 'transgressions' one does wonder why, with Clarkson's so called track record, the BBC didn't sit down and watch Top Gear, including the offending programmes, prior to airing. With it's serious left wing bias it would have surely picked up all of Jeremy's anti PC transgressions early and edited them out. As for the Argentina debacle I simply do not believe that the BBC wasn't knowingly complicit I am afraid. The fact is that Top Gear has been almost the last TV bastion of the fight against the insane levels of political correctness and the May/Hammond/Clarkson trio just gels perfectly and has always been an absolute hoot. I doubt I shall watch it anymore to be honest.

DeletedUser

Rumours are abounding. Predictions seem to be that Hammond and May will follow Clarkson. A different channel will offer them their own motoring show which will be Top Gear but with a different name.
The BBC has unfortunately just gone reality TV crazy. At one time, I watched NOTHING but BBC1. There was always top quality programmes on. You had documentaries, comedies, period dramas, science-shows, the whole hog. Now they cram as much 'reality' down our throats as they can. BBC1 has 'The Voice' and I have NEVER liked these shows where you appear on TV for 30 seconds and become a 'star'. But now it's getting out of hand. BBC3 seems to have nothing BUT reality shows. They need to sort their act out or people will start abandoning them in droves.
Although, then again, their are always those who LIKE reality TV shows. Those people who sit in their sweat-pants, munching on pizza and chips, drinking cans of lager and shouting at the TV when their favourite 'star' gets 'voted off'.
I think I may emigrate to a nation that still has some self-respect in its television shows.

DeletedUser36559

It started with driver Perry McCarthy and the title was eventually handed over to Ben Collins. A few others may have donned the suit over the years as well, but it appears that racer Gordon Shedden could be latest wheelman to be crowned the Stig.

DeletedUser

It just goes to show how full of bull the BBC are. The director went on the news to declare that JC would never work on the BBC again. Yet he has just been invited to Have I Got News For You as a guest presenter.
Looking forward to that one. Whenever a guest presenter has been a 'little naughty', they tear strips off them. :)

DeletedUser23252

UK news agencies are reporting that Clarkson will be back with BBC2 in some form and Top Gear will show the lost episodes this summer. I think that May and Hammond could do the job on their own with the stig if needed.

DeletedUser

Wouldn't be the same without him though. He's the one who persuades them to do the madcap stuff. Without him, May is too stuffy and won't let himself have fun and Hammond is too Americanised. Clarkson is the one who persuades May to let go and do silly, childish stuff and he's the one that reins in Hammond when he's all 'yippy ki yay'.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
We found May loitering around where I am, my friend asked why I was so excited (I don't really know, I'm loving this Top Gear stuff for some reason). I don't think he needs convincing to do silly stuff at all, maybe Top Gear wanted to make him look more old and boring than he is so they could look like they were bringing the silliness out.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Nah, trust me. I've seen him in his own shows. He really is like that. He's properly into mechanics, really old cars (I mean reeeeealy old cars), old toys and all kinds of stuff and when he presents, he's always the same.
When he's with Clarkson though, he tends to act like a little boy again. :D
Top Gear's great though. I said to my brother, it's like watching a bunch of naughty little schoolboys acting themselves and hoping they don't get found out. :D

DeletedUser36559

Without Jeremy clarkson Top gear just won't be the same anymore, even if they replace him the TV ratings will still go down regardless. Mr Wilman from the BBC said the BBC were "Adament a woman should be in the line-up because if you want women to watch something you need women presenting it".

DeletedUser

Without Jeremy clarkson Top gear just won't be the same anymore, even if they replace him the TV ratings will still go down regardless. Mr Wilman from the BBC said the BBC were "Adament a woman should be in the line-up because if you want women to watch something you need women presenting it".
Unless it's Vicky Butler-Henderson, the only people watching will be women.
With her, she knows her cars, she loves Bond movies. She's practically a female dude. (If that makes any sense.)
Women used to present Top Gear in the past and the ratings were abysmal. They had a winning formula with the three guys. If they bring a woman into the mix now, it will cause all kinds of problems.