Implemented Clarify what job you're doing.

Would you like this added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

But there are already text there. It says exactly what you are doing. For example, I'm tending pigs in W5.

Yippie your tending pigs.. who are you dueling.. where are you walking.. what building are you constructing.. That is what this is about!

The game doesn't give this information to you!

DeletedUser1105

Yes MarkFive, we are not asking for the pictures to be changed (God knows what a job THAT would be!). Just that it is a little clearer what you are doing. It is only the jobs that it shows you, not the other things.

DeletedUser

I just don't see how difficult it is to know what you are doing.

You are the one that queued up 4 duels in a row, you know what order. And you can always check your reports to see what you have done.

I guess I still just don't get the point of this.

DeletedUser1105

You may queue up a number of duels or contructing buildings. Then you may log off. When you log on you may not recall exactly which people you chose to duel/buildings you chose to build. It would be helpful if it said so in that box.

It tells you what job you are doing, why can't it tell you the other information?

DeletedUser

When you log on you may not recall exactly which people you chose to duel/buildings you chose to build.

That is what the reports are for. If you queue up a bunch of things, forget what you queued, come back, the game won't let you duel the same person. As for construction I have no idea how that works because I've never built anything, but I still think that there are better things that could be worked on first.

Maybe further down the line this would be something to be looked at, but I would rather have the developers work on other aspects of the game rather than this.

DeletedUser1105

I understand your point, but surely it is up to the developers to decide the priorities?

We are not making any decisions as to if or when something will be implemented, we are merely saying 'We think this idea will improve gameplay'.

I think you should only vote no if you feel the idea is bad, not if you feel other ideas should take precedence.

DeletedUser

yes an addition to this would be lovely and simple. when you click on a job you currently have qeued, the map should center on it.

DeletedUser

I just don't see how difficult it is to know what you are doing.

You are the one that queued up 4 duels in a row, you know what order. And you can always check your reports to see what you have done.

I guess I still just don't get the point of this.

I dono about you markfive.. but I play on 5 worlds.. Work.. sleep.. go out and do stuff.. and my memory aint that great to begin with...

And as far as reports go.. pointless for duelers who need to check BEFORE the duel happens to be sure the player hasn't gone to sleep or been knocked out or even left town BEFORE the duel happens... so that you do not waste the energy.... Remember One duel is 10 energy..and you loose that no matter the outcome of the duel.. ( IE: he's asleep), if you do not cancel it before the duel timer is up....... And YES it happens a LOT

Many times I'll que sleeping and walking to a dueling target before I goto bed.. or Que sleeping and building.... and trust me I can't even remember MY name when I first get up let alone what damn building I qued, or the fact that another builder in town might of finished the building(level) I had qued and if I stop the construction I can get the money back

Markfive ........ how many world are you playing on? and what do you DO on those worlds.. it really looks like you have never done ANY of the things we are asking for some improvements on.. it really seems like you dont understand the necessity of having the information before a duel happens or the game telling you where your walking to.. and which building you have qued for building( this is especially important in a town which uses a building plan and has more then one builder!)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Geez, sorry that I don't like your idea TimeWalker but there is no need to attack me

DeletedUser

Geez, sorry that I don't like your idea TimeWalker but there is no need to attack me

I'm not attacking you man.. I'm attacking your misconceived ideas. you've said a number of times to look at the reports or remember what your doing these are just not realistic things in context to these problems and this solution

DeletedUser5046

well i didn't noticed that there's been difficulty about the queued works since when i'm playing the right top corner told me what i'm doin...maybe what's missing is the precision of the queued works and the exact location and how far are you from your town...

DeletedUser

good idea but a little boring! i would like to see something major done! like add some new functions to the town buildings for example what about putting a chat room in the saloon? people that are visiting that town can chat to eachother and it can have a private area for town members!? i did suggest this a bit back on another forum topic but cant remember what was said!

wooo hoo and i was the 100th person to vot yes! :p

DeletedUser5046

... add some new functions to the town buildings for example what about putting a chat room in the saloon? people that are visiting that town can chat to eachother and it can have a private area for town members!? i did suggest this a bit back on another forum topic but cant remember what was said!

i think we've discussed that before i just can't remember what thread it was...but we all do agree wit the same thing...only i dunno if it comes out for a poll now...i htink i should check out..(maybe later..or tomorrow..)

DeletedUser1105

good idea but a little boring! i would like to see something major done! like add some new functions to the town buildings for example what about putting a chat room in the saloon? people that are visiting that town can chat to eachother and it can have a private area for town members!? i did suggest this a bit back on another forum topic but cant remember what was said!:p

This is for discussion in other threads :)

DeletedUser

I do not entirely agree to this but if you are also going to be able to see where others are working then I vote yes. It should not be difficult to know where you are working as you can only line up 2 without premium or 4 with.

DeletedUser

I wish it also was possible to see what CURRENT / scheduled job other town members are doing, ie you don't know how much construction is being done on a building until it is OVER, which leads to inefficiency. If you want to limit who can see it to Founders & Town Councilors, fine.

DeletedUser1105

Gem, summary for the developers:

The following idea is the result of discussions between members of the forum, and it passed a vote with a result of 172 votes to 14. Should you wish to, you can see the discussion here: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=8349

Current View
That the box in the top right-hand corner that shows you what your character is currently doing does not show enough information, particularly when constructing a building, travelling or duelling.

Current Solution
You either have to remember where you are travelling to, what you are building, or who your are duelling, or spend time searching to find out.

The Proposed Idea
That the wording under the icon in the top right corner be changed to show more detailed information.

How It Could Work
For travelling: Instead of saying 'You are travelling', it could say 'You are travelling to 'Town Name'', or 'You are travelling to 'Job Name''.
For duelling: It could say 'You are duelling 'Player Name''.
For building: It could say 'You are constructing 'Building Name''.

Comment
This would be a huge time-saving device for many people, and would make it so much easier to see what your character is doing. It is already in place for when you work a job, as it says 'You are Tending Pigs' for example. It would just be a case of expanding this across all activities.

Additional Consideration
Because it would say 'You are travelling to 'Tending Pigs' etc, it would be nice if on the minimap, it would highlight in a different colour WHICH site you are travelling to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.