Civil War - Feedbacks

RaiderTr

So what happened to this (or Events like this) ?
Cancelled because of weak Server/s or delayed until Html5 battles come? :p

Harsha..

I've been meaning to ask the same thing :D

In an earlier post, it was mentioned that these events can happen again. They wont be difficult to organize - just dig the battle at a time slot, and the rewards are automatically dispensed once the battle ends. The payoff is considerable - more people come to FFs and a server that normally has 50 vs 50 lineups can get 100 vs 100.

At present, to my first hand experience, numbers are dropping again and it would be great to have a stimulus like this once a month or even just at the start of an event to boost things.

kuro90

Both your comments are correct.
I've hoped in a sooner launch of the HTML5 version but we have to fix a couple of major problems before a release.
If you would like to, I think we could run this kind of battle again even before the implementation of the new environment.
Thank you for the feedback ;)

RaiderTr

Well?

I honestly think .net isn't really doing great compared to National servers.. (Community Events wise) :/

For example I was shown an FF report on German servers that has a "Fireworks box" along with the usual Battle rewards..
Or.. Turkish servers having weekly Rewards (Nuggets even!) for some specific FF stuff (Top 10 Dodge, Hit, Damage etc etc of the Week)

And so on.

I don't know if these are Inno related or not thou.

Junkz

Well?

I honestly think .net isn't really doing great compared to National servers.. (Community Events wise) :/

If you would like to, I think we could run this kind of battle again even before the implementation of the new environment.
Thank you for the feedback ;)

Please do... more than 1 month have passed since your comment (more than 3 since the battle) and there hasn't been another one as of now :(

Harsha..

Yes, please.

In most world's we've been having small fort battles. Internally, motivation to dig is really low with not many stepping up to lead.

Like raider put it, we need more "special" rewards to stimulate interest. Maybe we could even have a special competition - "battles of the week". The best and most interesting battles can be picked each week and the battle leaders can be given a series of special rewards for their efforts. This will motivate more people to dig and employ new strategies.

DeletedUser15368

Yes when the game is broken and no one wants to spend their time leading any more, we do need something to tease people back to battles.

I'm not sure if extra loot-box currency will bring back the good guys however. Fixing damagers might just do the trick though.

RaiderTr

Well, you guys are totally right but this isn't only about incentivising the "Veterans"

There are still lots of new players in this game and they are discouraged with the current state of the game as well:
Current system of FFs isn't anywhere near "good" or "balanced" and Low Levels (whether with or without proper Tombola sets/Skills) won't get nuttin, so why would they die and waste their time?

But we need 'em for the good of the Game anyway! So help us will ya?

On a related side note: Make Resistance percentage based.

Harsha..

More particularly so, as to my understanding, the mechanism of giving out such rewards is already built into the game. You don't need any development or code changes to make it work. It just needs some effort and creativity on the moderator's parts. You guys saw the enormous benefits of the last such event - the civil war battles. It's entirely logical to modify and adjust it in some way to make it happen more frequently. Attendance in battles will only improve, more people will be active and Innogames will make more profit out of the increased activity. What's not to like?

If server overload is an issue, stagger the battles on different worlds on different days. If staff strength is inadequate to organize things on this scope, get some non moderator volunteers from the community to help out.

RaiderTr

the mechanism of giving out such rewards is already built into the game. You don't need any development or code changes to make it work. It just needs some effort and creativity on the moderator's parts
So you say it's not Inno related.. But our Mods are slacking instead :p

The Independence "contest" was meh tho :/
If staff strength is inadequate
Maybe that's why they are recruiting (I hope)

Btw we could also use some %100 Xp days :p
It's been forever since the last :/

Last edited:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
I too think special FF events and rewards would help rekindle active FFing

I have three additional ideas that might also prove a boon:

1) Useful rewards for the individual who digs and fills a FF (e.g. a wild west chili)
A) they must themselves attend
B) their side must completely fill
C) the opposing side must have >=75% attendance (to prevent gaming non-competive fights for the reward)

2) Weekly Consolation prize raffle for KO'd low-level attendees (e.g. Indian Rite Necklace or Can of Spinach or Doctor's Bag or a new "Noob Fort Fighters Necklace")
A) the must have been KO'd in a FF during the week
B) they receive entries into a raffle totaling 100-their_level for each FF they attend (win or lose)
the number of prizes can be adjusted based on the number of entries and can be capped to one prize per player

3) "Noob Fort Fighters Necklace" This would be a new product essentially identical to an indian rite necklace except that
A) it only works for FF KO's
B) it is olny wearable up to level 100
C) it provides +6 ATT +6 DEF (and maybe some other nice stats) [this is so that they are worth wearing despite breaking up good FF horsesets)

Harsha..

The French server recently annouced a new event

https://forum.the-west.fr/index.php?threads/guerre-de-sécession.41094/#post-549346

Basically, a much smaller server with less people is capable of organising such an event. But, .net, supposedly the best and most active server can't set up a simple FF event. Really sad and disappointing.

I remember the 2010-2012 era, when a world was dying, the moderator team ran events to revive that world. Da Twista and his team played a bunch of Chinese NPCs in that world and it was really interesting. That kind of spark and commitment seems to be long gone from the present-day moderation team.

DeletedUser15368

I think the same thing that happened to the public beta is happening to .net, it is just another server that makes them inordinate amounts of money for the product they're selling, and inno are content to let it run on auto-pilot until it becomes unprofitable.

There's so much that could be done to improve the game at a community level.

Much sadness at our current situation.

RaiderTr

until it becomes unprofitable
Pretty much.

Apparently they only act when the profit starts to decline rapidly. French, Turkish servers etc. are the examples.
Other than that they don't intervene and couldn't care less of what the Staff do on their own.

Only exception is probably the German servers.
As Company HQ is there, they do lots of and best (and fun) events there.

DeletedUser15368

Can someone teach me German then? I'd like to enjoy this game again and tombola simulator with broken battles just doesn't do it for me.
All i know is Rammstein lyrics and "Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei"

Last edited by a moderator:

Harsha..

Great to see the battles are back, with the promise of more. This will bring much needed activity to all worlds :)

Some small feedback for future FFs

1. If such a battle is dug, could it be announced using a pop-up on login? - this is a more efficient way to let everyone know about them rather than in-game telegrams and chat messages.

2. Can future FFs be dug in more early hours as well? - around 7-9 ST or even earlier. Due to the recent forward advance in server time, many people might not be able to be online as they take place in a very late hour. Also, having such FFs in different server times would bring in more people who aren't normally online for FFs.