Church

DeletedUser22685

As Regal said, it does do something, but no one knows for sure what. Unless the devs are just taunting us and it doesn't do anything. :razz:

DeletedUser

b00k, there is a rumor that church helps only ppl who didn't do a duel at all. that'd be workers generally... and IIRC you've never played as worker.
so... sorry, seems that god in this game doesn't like you, hehe :p

I guess you are right. Still the church at best might increase luck with 1% or something.

DeletedUser23714

church is not so bed as you think....
there are two things about the church:
1. if you pray u get medals:)
2. not sure but if you pray a lot before shop in upgrade, in shop are better items!:nowink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i do tend to agree with the praying before building increases item quality theory, but of course it would be a hard one to get real solid proof for.
also i was thinking since the new holiday set gives a luck % bonus that maybe praying could do something similar?
but i think it will remain an unknown ;)

DeletedUser

2. not sure but if you pray a lot before shop in upgrade, in shop are better items!:nowink:
Who told you that?
If this was true, noone would ever finish the quest where the junk item blue bandana is needed since noone would ever have that item in their store where "better items" get added because of praying. None of our builders on w12 ever prayed, yet we have almost all charlatan items in our stores plus precise versions of all fort weapons. How's that possible if a prayer was soooooooo awsome?

And please next time where something is not confirmed but you've heard from someone... Add a screenshot. As Melknor said a few days ago:
no pic = no proof!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23714

how can i post screenshot?? of praying.:sad: and about the blue bandanda and praying. if nobody prays there is for sure (if you check this teory) there will be blue bandanda...

[is hard to explain]

DeletedUser21320

how can i post screenshot?? of praying.:sad: and about the blue bandanda and praying. if nobody prays there is for sure (if you check this teory) there will be blue bandanda...

[is hard to explain]

I got a Blue Bandana without praying, and a bunch of other nice or useful random items. Praying is a waste of time unless you really want the medals.

DeletedUser

We don't know if it's a waste of time. But I'm 99.99999999999999999999% sure it doesn't affect town construction.

DeletedUser21320

We don't know if it's a waste of time. But I'm 99.99999999999999999999% sure it doesn't affect town construction.

Since it has no noticeable effect, but it requires a finite and substantial amount of time doing nothing else, the value is so close to zero as to negligible. It hardly even justifies the time spent on this thread.

DeletedUser

Then don't spend the time.
I'm pretty sure noone tried a prayer with a mystery item called talisman that "does nothing" but can be sold for a nice amount of money. Also someone suggested you should pray on sunday with sunday clothes equpped... But why not with the whole gentleman's set, or even better, try with "noone wants it" pilgrim's set that boosts - what a surprise - evangelizing. etc etc... I'm pretty sure that if church does give something, ppl are too lazy to try all options they can think of.

DeletedUser21320

Then don't spend the time.
I'm pretty sure noone tried a prayer with a mystery item called talisman that "does nothing" but can be sold for a nice amount of money. Also someone suggested you should pray on sunday with sunday clothes equpped... But why not with the whole gentleman's set, or even better, try with "noone wants it" pilgrim's set that boosts - what a surprise - evangelizing. etc etc... I'm pretty sure that if church does give something, ppl are too lazy to try all options they can think of.

If it did anything that was detectable, someone would be bragging about it, and I doubt there are many combinations that none of the hundreds of thousands of players haven't tried over the years. And if it was useful, someone on .de would have been given a hint about what to do.

DeletedUser

*prays naked and then does hunting grizzlies*

Damn.

Black Bow Tie

Buy Price - $650
Sell Price - $325

Thanks Nashy, I needed that. :)

DeletedUser23359

i dont think it even helps the shops get better items... lol its just a rumor spread by the DEVS to get that mystery around the church in this game

DeletedUser

why not pettion the devs

(tumble)(tumble)(tumble)(tumble)(tumble)(tumble)

hmmmmm, this comes up alot. i wounder if the forum could put together a petition to send to the devs about this issue--- i mean with enough customers demanding a answer at the same time seems they may give a lil on the issue,, no?????????????????

I have been on this blog for a lil while, this topic always comes up. The devs have said that the church is there for a purpose but want say why, it could be to cause interest through discussions. More practically i think, is that it is a building (and idea) which they haven't fully developed/programed yet, i.e. to give extra bonuses or for completion of quests etc. (surprised the later hasn't been used yet)

Anyway i think a petition would in a way force their hand just a little and either come out with quests or at lest a list & say here is four things it could do but in reality it only dose one lol now go figure it out. then in a week it would be known by the whole of the west.

I will say this through updates and additional quests I am beginning to see things which previously make know sense in-game now start to(this is not because of sudden advancement i retried a 99 lvl solider, before i started playing with other classes) so i think they will eventually make it more clear in the future but the devs are slow to release anything more than a new world lmao :ph34r:

DeletedUser

A petition wouldn't do anything. They honestly dont care about our opinions. Just look at any update thats happened or supposed to have.

DeletedUser

Melknor that ain't completely true.
There are cases when Inno doesn't care, that is true. Someone there decides that something HAS TO be added, an players can't do anything about it. We yelled, we flamed, we spit on the skillbuying feature, but no, Inno decided it HAS TO be added in the game. While some players will certainly find that feature nifty, it can rot for all I care. I do have nuggets, but I refuse to buy skills.

But there are cases where Inno accepted our suggestions.
For example, the shaman reset never got on normal servers because of a protest. Recently they've listened to the community and old worlds didn't get the halved job times and new nugget options.
As was seen in the update plans, the community suggested pants and removal of the levelcap (cap will be moved to level 120)should be introduced within the update 1.29.

So why not a petition on a serious matter?
But a petition about the church? C'mon. I wouldn't bother to get my hands dirty with something like that. In the case of church I believe just like devs, most players don't care what it really does.

DeletedUser8627

Oh come on, all this over the church?

If dev does not want to tell you why the church is there, they are not obligated to do so.

Goes the same with hidden quests and all that, if you want to know then test, experiment and find out by yourself.

The church has nothing to do with the update either, why is that being flamed here?