Christmass event

DeletedUser

Still think anything should be auctionable. But that would be unfair, I've been told. No idea how that argument plays out. If it's auctionable, anyone can get it, not just those of us using a lot of nuggets. Guess that would be unfair.

The problem is the same with the other events... people will get those things and "give them" to others for free.
Making some items that can only be received by the account holder is the only way to make people work (or pay real things) for something.

But they cannot get the unique item system working... So if you got one, you should not find another any way. But they are still dropping.

I had made a question when the labour day thing showed up... making ALL the special items to have the selling price of $50000 would be easier and fair for everyone. Even that they want to give it to there "friends" they would need to pay $50000 for the item and the seller would have to pay the fee. Less money in game and people would need to play the game normally. And we would have the $50000 has minimal value for those things. So they could be auctionable and reduce the "trades".

DeletedUser36011

Still think anything should be auctionable. But that would be unfair, I've been told. No idea how that argument plays out. If it's auctionable, anyone can get it, not just those of us using a lot of nuggets. Guess that would be unfair.

Go spend a ton of ingame cash, problem solved. But the fact you have ingame cash and others dont, that would also be unfair? It's a little thing called luck. Some have it and some do not.

btw: I'm in the unlucky category, like you ;)

DeletedUser35277

Raven from Ghosts of Christmas set, is a riding animal. All other riding animals
are auctionable or sellable, why not Raven??

DeletedUser22685

I only bought twenty or so of those bags and was lucky enough to get a Raven (to be fair, everything else was crap), whereas I know people who have opened 600-700 bags and haven't found one.

DeletedUser

I have to laugh at the absurdity of my situation:

I spent $500K of ingame cash on 10 bags, found only 1 thing I didn't already have (something so common like Black Bart's boots!). Not a single 'Ghost' item.

THEN, I spent roughly $120K of ingame cash just buying the Ghost items that were on sale in the market! (Boots, hat, belt, scarf).

Hey it's just down to dumb luck I know, I don't begrudge a thing, but I sometimes look at the screen and feel like such a chump to have spent all that money on bags (when I could have bought everything and still had the money for future uses instead!).

I recall that last year I never found a single 'Winter' item, back then I bought about 30 bags. Shows how stupid I am that I didn't learn from the first time!

Note to Inno - Please untick the box you have on my profile setting that says "Make sure Supraxus gets nothing good from boxes"? I promise to return the >100 pairs of green torn pants I've gotten from all the fairs and wooden boxes for no profit. I promise to return my unused 100+ Christmas Crackers. I promise to return my 89 Strengthening Pitchforks. In return, when you give me a wooden box for free, please free to put inside something premium? I'd be perfectly happy with a rusty shotgun or a worn-out slingshot, something worth more than $8.

:)

DeletedUser36559

I bought about 20 bags and made a total of $72k from the items I found from the bags so the net loss is -$928000. I guess I'll never buy those bags again.

DeletedUser

Hey it's just down to dumb luck I know, I don't begrudge a thing, but I sometimes look at the screen and feel like such a chump to have spent all that money on bags (when I could have bought everything and still had the money for future uses instead!).

This is exactly the reason why they made non-actionable items. Otherwise players don't buy the bags and wait for it on the market only. Also this gives the bag buyers something exclusive to use/show off.

DeletedUser34315

I bought about 20 bags and made a total of $72k from the items I found from the bags so the net loss is -$928000. I guess I'll never buy those bags again.

Yeah, those bags were one of the worst market decisions i made :p Definitely not gonig to turn a profit. I found the full christmas set, but it's pretty much useless. Doesn't seem to be the top item for anything.

DeletedUser29831

Whatever, I'm off the gear hound wagon. Spending nuggets to get most of the sets, and the be able to trade for the rest, fine. Spending a lot of nuggets, and then not be able to complete the sets, not fine. Let the event sets be non-auctionable, let the outlaw sets be non-auctionable, because with hard work you will get all parts. This year I'll not spend much nuggets on the tombolas, just save up to the christmas thingy and get them there.

DeletedUser22685

I had some nuggets sitting around so I spent some on the bags, but there was no way in hell that I was going to spend a cent of my in-game cash on what was in all likelihood going to be another rip off when I could spend a little more on the market for a guarantee at getting what I'm paying for. Judging by the mountain of hats, scarves and boots that were inside my bags, I think I made the right choice.

DeletedUser35352

lol futu, so you made the right choice when burning nuggets (for real money) on hats, scarves, boots... and saved up the precious in-game money :D :p

DeletedUser34295

I farmed the bags for plenty of nuggets (bought 2600 nuggets once and 950 nuggets twice = 4500 nuggets) and spent all but around 200 on the bags. I got plenty of items but a lot of duplicates and almost no weapons/horses/sadles of any set. But then again, I'm hoping to have gathered enough doubles to have at least something valuable to sell or trade for the pieces I didn't get.

But yeah, I don't really think they're worth that much. Though seeing as I just started in Colorado where I farmed the bags and I'm only level 21, the items are a great boost for me in the beginning :)

DeletedUser36011

lol futu, so you made the right choice when burning nuggets (for real money) on hats, scarves, boots... and saved up the precious in-game money :D :p

When he gets a nugget allowance as apast of his salary as an admin, I dont think he really cares :D

Took me about 650-700 bags to get the set though.

DeletedUser22685

What Pty said. I wouldn't spend any real life currency on those bags either.

DeletedUser

What Pty said. I wouldn't spend any real life currency on those bags either.

The irony here is that if a player like you, Futu, isn't too keen on spending real-life currency on those bags, then a company like Inno has no chance.

To clarify, what I mean is that if Inno has made an offer that even a dedicated/loyal long-time customer doesn't want, then naturally you'd have to conclude some of the following are the ways forward:

1. Hope that you can get new players buying your sale items (in this case, the bags). Long term requires getting more new players, something The West is struggling with.
2. Convince your old players to buy the items (in this case, it doesn't seem to have worked)
3. Re-jig the game so that people WILL buy what you want them to sell
4. Sell 'em something they want!

I feel Inno have fallen into the classic Monty Haul trap with RPG's. The constant need to escalate the rewards to retain interest. Usually the only solution to this is a restart/reboot or radically change the game/content.

Hmmm, makes me think about an idea for content. Not going to waste my time posting it in the ideas section ('cause we all know the devs are just sitting at their computers waiting for feedback from the community to implement ;) ). Instead I'll chuck the idea out there for anyone to run with if they want: What if you could use nuggets to access premium quests?

Simply put, allow 50/100/200/500 nugget type quests where at the end of the quest you get something 'premium', whatever that is. Item is non-auctionable, non-sellable, etc...

DeletedUser22685

The irony here is that if a player like you, Futu, isn't too keen on spending real-life currency on those bags, then a company like Inno has no chance.

To clarify, what I mean is that if Inno has made an offer that even a dedicated/loyal long-time customer doesn't want, then naturally you'd have to conclude some of the following are the ways forward:

1. Hope that you can get new players buying your sale items (in this case, the bags). Long term requires getting more new players, something The West is struggling with.
2. Convince your old players to buy the items (in this case, it doesn't seem to have worked)
3. Re-jig the game so that people WILL buy what you want them to sell
4. Sell 'em something they want!

I feel Inno have fallen into the classic Monty Haul trap with RPG's. The constant need to escalate the rewards to retain interest. Usually the only solution to this is a restart/reboot or radically change the game/content.

Hmmm, makes me think about an idea for content. Not going to waste my time posting it in the ideas section ('cause we all know the devs are just sitting at their computers waiting for feedback from the community to implement ;) ). Instead I'll chuck the idea out there for anyone to run with if they want: What if you could use nuggets to access premium quests?

Simply put, allow 50/100/200/500 nugget type quests where at the end of the quest you get something 'premium', whatever that is. Item is non-auctionable, non-sellable, etc...

There are plenty of dedicated/loyal long time customers that do fork out real life cash regularly for these events. I've had a long history of bad luck with any type of chests in this game and have been one of the most vocal opponents of the tombola style events and the item sets that come with them ever since the first one in December 2012. These things combined make my opinion rather biased. That said, from what I've seen it appears that most people feel the same way.

It goes without saying that I agree with everything you've said. I've said all of it myself at one point or another except for the quest suggestion, which definitely has potential.

DeletedUser

Well the last bag i got on my homeserver was the biggest thing i ever got from any event... it was a rush to get the $40000 (hard work that many people don´t know what it is since they get $50000000 selling things from the tombolas on the market and just make 4h of jobs each day) still in time to get the last bag. And when i opened it, thought the bag was bugged. It added something into the inventory but the picture was not showing. (don´t know what time it passed) But when it showed... it was the DOI.
So it was worth 2000 nuggets. It made the numbers for all the events... even that it´s just a collector item since the ones i had the luck to get from the dia de los muertos are better for most of the jobs where i don´t have the 5 golden pickaxe.