Christmas Sale 2016

• Thread starter DeletedUser30074
  • Start date

DeletedUser30074

I apologize if this is posted elsewhere, but is there a general consensus regarding which set is best? I know that's a general question, but I figured there'd be some chatter regarding the various purposes and sets. I suppose I'd be looking for a fort fighting set? But a discussion of any of the various purposes (best dueling set, best trading set, etc.) would be helpful. And interesting, I think. If this is posted elsewhere, can someone direct me? Thanks!

Coming to a saloon near you,
Cincy

DeletedUser

For fort fights use Hombre, for construction use Ded Moroz, for trading use Dancer (new one), for dueling if you want to be successfull use Doolin/Detective.

MFRavenhawk

I apologize if this is posted elsewhere, but is there a general consensus regarding which set is best? I know that's a general question, but I figured there'd be some chatter regarding the various purposes and sets. I suppose I'd be looking for a fort fighting set? But a discussion of any of the various purposes (best dueling set, best trading set, etc.) would be helpful. And interesting, I think. If this is posted elsewhere, can someone direct me? Thanks!

Coming to a saloon near you,
Cincy

I won't argue against what Fafer wrote on suggesting the Mexican Dancer gear for trading jobs if you are strictly looking for a singular set...but from my own experience with a variety of gear on the two main trading jobs in game as confirmed by both the in-game work clothes calculator and TW-DB's cloth-calc script:
Work as Travelling Merchant: http://prntscr.com/drwkkl
Lead a Trading Office: http://prntscr.com/drwll6

Not sure that the Skeletonman set is available thru Christmas 2016 event since it was a final prize gift on Day of the Dead 2016, rather than something that you buy, and obviously you can't get the Tlingit Artifacts anywhere...but if you ever win a main event those weapon sets do have a history of being superior for trading jobs due to the labor point and luck bonuses they offer. Several event weapons that can be traded on market though do offer labor point or luck boosts, though (and are best used as finishing gear for said job, rather than best gear in most cases).

With so much out there and dependent on what you own, can acquire or are desiring for effect on a given task (job, duel, adventure, fort battle, etc) anymore, few things stand out as 'best gear', but some HAS lasted far longer than others :)

Last edited:

asdf124

For fort fights use Hombre, for construction use Ded Moroz, for trading use Dancer (new one), for dueling if you want to be successfull use Doolin/Detective.
it also depends on what your looking for, for me, I'd say lee/shawnee are better if you can upgrade em heavily. Black bart, dalton and deadwood are also good sets.

seminole/pat desmond/skeleton sets are what to look for in the event but skeleton set isn't available in this event.

For dueling, collin, cullen, stranger sets are also pretty good if you know how to use em.