Chinese GM Event - World 11

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser8627

After a couple of weeks of planning and the Chinese getting themselves sorted out, Chao Gai (The Chinese Leader) has asked me to announce the start of the World 12 GM Fort Battle Event.

This event being run now is concentrating on fort battles in world 12 while previous events had a few other options involved such as duelling and hiring out of the scoundrels as they were known then.

I've not been given too much details about the event, but I was told to give the world 12 players this message:

Chao Gai said:
You heard we were coming, and now we've arrived!
Your forts will be ours, and you will not survive.
We show no mercy, we show no regret.
Come play along with us, we'll give you some fun you'll never forget!

So I guess we'll see how this plays out in world 12. I'll most likely get more information at a later stage which I will share with you.

Good luck and I hope you guys have a ball ;)

DeletedUser8627

Chao Gai presents to you an introduction and more happenings that will follow in world 12.

Chao Gai said:
Hello and Welcome to W12 Game Mastered Event!

Introduction

Once upon a time there was a band of wrongly accused warriors, heroes to the local people but branded outlaw by the authorities. To avoid persecution they fled to an impregnable mountain camp ( Mount Liang or 梁山 ). Far to the south of the capital city and driven to live in the Water Margins of Liang Shan Po, where they withdrew from the world at large.

In time other heroic warriors travelled to the same mountain as its legend began to spread even to the farthest parts of the empire, drawn by the need to test themselves against their peers. Here they could be free to fight and pit their skills against those of similar standing. Until finally they numbered 108. Each fought tyranny with a price on his head, in a world very different from our own. All was good but for one thing, in their hearts the call of battle was loud, they yearned for Honour on the battlefield once more.

Eventually the Elders amongst them met and discussed what to do, finally it was decided that they would go in search of a worthy adversary, even if it meant travelling to far flung lands. Each warrior was a veteran of many wars in their own right, it was time to use these skills on the battlefields of the west....

So one morning as the sun rose and the mountainside finally cleared of the morning mist they traversed the pass and headed for the ocean. The story starts in legend even then, for these 108 heroes, it was said, were perhaps the souls reborn of other, earlier knights. They fought their way across the province to the sea destroying all armies in their path as they went, after one last glorious battle where a good number of these heroes fell against an army of 10,000 they finally broke through to a port, stole the emperors war junk and set sail never to be seen in those land again... They simply disappeared ... legend has it they went to the new world, where exactly? No one knows and except for the occasional tale of a heroes glorious death, or conquest in strange named lands the people of Liangshan never heard from them again.

A wise sage once said: Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?

Event Objective.

It has been a long time since an event was run on .net, with the help of some from The East we would like to invite you to participate in an all new event for 2013.

Fun, fun and the chance of getting random prizes.

What's going to happen and why W12

W12 has been chosen first because of its FF prowess. Many things have changed re fort builds HP and the like and it will be more difficult to find a balance initially. It will start as a work in progress while we attempt to find that line, no doubt mistakes will be made but will not take long to iron out. Please bare this in mind as we attempt to get a good level of balance. To begin with we will be calling regular battles while this is worked out.

If we can include people in both sides of a battle without it unbalancing things we will but for the time being we will attack alone in order to make it easier to find where that balance is initially.

Where we stand?

We are allied to no one, favour no one and all attempts to do so will be met with a simple "No thank you". We are totally independent and will stay out of world politics. We are not interested in any goings on in W12 and will not be drawn into them however any attempt to hijack Event Battles, unbalance or spoil them for everyone else will not be tolerated.

Later we may consider an alliance and invite the most prestige FF of the world to join and fight alongside us.

The intention is simply to add a little spice and enjoyment to all W12 players game by introducing these battle events, nothing else.

Whats in it for you?

Fun, battles devoid of politics and a chance to pit yourselves against some of the best FF in the world and most of all prizes.

DeletedUser8627

The World 12 GM event is set to close on the 24th of May 2013.

We do hope you have enjoyed the event as much as the Chinese players have, it has been superb working alongside Chao Gai and seeing the new developments, quarrels and overall fun we have all had.

World 11, I think we will be seeing you next ;)

DeletedUser8627

Chao Gai and his group of misfits have taken a long vacation and I hear they are set to return to the event, but now on world 11.

If they are as powerful as they were on world 12, best the alliances in world 11 start teaming up and working out a strategy. Being split will not help your cause and if you're not working as a team I'm afraid that you will lost more forts than you hoped to lose.

With the event starting on world 11, Chao Gai has also presented me with a list on what they will and will not do. So I bring to you the following:

Chao Gai said:
Hello fellows players of world 11! Myself and the group that follows me are up for a challenge, I do hope you can provide us with one. We are well rested and we are ready to come cause as much havoc in world 11 as possible.

I've compiled a short list on what you can expect and a few things you do not need to worry about.

• We will be duelling in world 11 however we will not take advantage of any player. All duels are done fairly, we are skilled to duel but we will use regular weapons that all players currently use.
  • If you win the duel against any Chinese player, you will receive a small gift from us.
  • If a duel arrangement has been made between a player and Chinese player, you can be duelled while you're asleep or in the 48 hour cool down period.
  • We will initiate regular fort battles on all sizes of forts. We will mainly target large forts but once we have all of those, we will be coming back for the rest.
  • Fort battles are set to run every Tuesday and Thursday around 10:0PM - 01:00AM. Times vary to allow as many players to participate as possible.
  • We are skilled fort fighter, all of us are. We are powerful and we are using powerful weapons. You will only be able to conquer us if you work together and with a good strategy. Being online for these battles is a must.
  • At the end of the event, all fort will be returned to the rightful owners if the town or alliance still exist. If not they will be ghosted and available for anyone to take.
  • After each fort battle, spot prizes will be handed out randomly to a few players, regardless your performance or online status.
  • No player is welcome to join our side in any fort battle unless we announce otherwise. If we dig a fort battle, it will be myself along with 39 other Chinese players that will attack. Any player joining our side with be traitored and moved to the other side of the map. If you persist in joining our side, a temporary ban will be issued on the account for the duration of the fort battle.
  • The Chinese are not for hire. Previous GM Events, alliances or towns could hire the NPC players for duelling or fort battles - this option is not available for the World 11 GM Event.
  • We do not offer town invites, please don't ask.
  • We do not set bounties on players.
  • We will not under no circumstances provide you with any clothing, weapons, products etc... again, don't ask.
  • No harassment will be tolerated in any form.

Our intentions are not to cause problems, but some activity and fun in world 11. If you're unhappy about something, we are happy to exclude you from the event altogether. Furthermore, you may open a support ticket expressing you grievances but under that this is a GM event, havoc occurs.

We do wish world 11 the best of luck, we will of course try and make this event exciting and enjoyable for everyone.

Expect us on the 1st of July! The first fort battle will be initiated so we can blow each other to bits on the 2nd of July around 10:00PM server time.

Good luck!

So there you have it folks, from myself, I also wish you good luck - go out and have some fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35455

Thank you very much Da Twista, I appreciate all the announcements being posted on my behalf.

I would like to touch up on duelling and how it will work in world 11. There are some rules both sides have to follow in order to make this a success.

First off, no Chinese character will duel a player if there has not been an arrangement made. Us Chinese will not go around KOing every player in our path so please do not worry about that. If you're wanting to win a prize by defeating a Chinese character you will need to arrange the duel first by sending a telegram. The only two Chinese players that are applicable for duelling are the Li twins, Li Kui and Li Jun. We are asking this so the Chinese player you wish to duel can equip clothing and weapons that will suit your level of duelling - otherwise we will just annihilate you but we prefer fairness in other words.

Once the arrangement has been made, the Chinese player will reply to you stating they are ready which in turn you will need to initiate the duel against them. If you win this duel you will then be presented with a choice, you can either take your 50 bonds letter and go or you can opt for another duel where you stand a chance to win 250 bonds. If you choose to duel again, the second duel will be initiated against you. If you win both the defense and offense duel you will be provided with 250 bonds. However, if you lose the second duel, you lose the initial 50 bonds you just won. It's a gamble, you are welcome to chance it.

If you duel any Chinese player without contacting them first and by luck you do manage to beat them, you WILL NOT be provided with a prize. If you have any questions about duelling, you can PM either me, or one of the Li twins.

Good luck!

DeletedUser35455

What a superb fort battle we had on the 2nd of July! Well deserved win for world 11. We did underestimate your skills. Congratulations! We do hope you will be able to keep this team effort up - we enjoy a good challenge.

We have however, reworked our strategy to fit in line with world 11. Seems we were too weak to even make a dent in your defense. With this, we have adjusted the number of guns that will attend our side.

Another new change that will come into play with the next battles is fort damage. Each time the Chinese win a battle, certain building levels in that fort will be reduced by one level. To make it fair, previously we protected our forts so that players couldn't take them if they attacked and won. Fort protection is now disabled plus the reduced building levels will give you more of an advantage to try and win your fort back. Remember if we win on defense as well, damage to the fort will occur, this giving you more of an advantage if you attack us again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35455

We have decided to put a little twist in our next attack! Tomorrow we will not be attacking one fort, but three small forts simultaneously!

World 11 has shown us they can beat us, let's see how well they can co-ordinate against us.

Please be aware that this is not a multi - We are attacking all three forts! Our definition of multis is a tactic used by some to distribute unaware defenders at forts the attackers do not wish to attack. A sly tactic but something we will not do. If we dig a battle, be sure we will attend.

You've managed to fill a large defense quite easily, you shouldn't have a problem filling 3 small battles simultaneously.

See you on the battle field!

DeletedUser35455

The Chinese are not sure if they should be pleased or displeased with the recent battles. We have experienced the hardest fights to date and we cannot get our way like we're used to get. I would say this is very impressive! But of course, no one likes losing and that includes US! :mad:

That being said, the next battle on the 23rd will be the hardest you will experience to date. Our full force of 60 men will be hitting a large fort, we're still deciding which one holds the most value to you world 11 before we initiate the battle.

The only changes that are being made our side are the number of guns coming to you and our battle strategy. If you hope to keep the fort, best you come with as much HP as you can, the best buffs being used and onliners.

No mercy will be shown, no defender survives, and we will be taking what we came for.

From myself and behalf of my men, we wish you good luck at this battle. You sure are going to need it.

If by some miracle you do manage to win, we will double the amount of prizes we usually hand out for this battle. A little motivation goes a long way. ;)

DeletedUser8627

Howdy!

The world 11 GM event has drawn to a close with the last battle that took place on Thursday evening! I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the players that participated in the fort battles we hosted. I do hope that most enjoyed the massacres as much as we did :p Forts will be returned (undamaged) to their rightful owners shortly.

A total of 158 fortune cookies were handed out to players within the event time, there are still another 92 up for grabs. These will be distributed when we host the CTF event in the coming weeks before we depart world 11. With our departure we will lay our Chinese characters to rest, and a new group will respawn when we bring havoc to the next world on our list!

Regarding the CTF event, a lot of changes have been made, I'll announce these closer to the final release. A few elements were changed and some additional content and games were added.

In light of our departure, I would like to give special thanks to my moderation and GM teams. Without them, none of this would have been possible.

Moderation team:
Derek1982, Duduie, futurama1001, lasarstar, Slygoxx, mwfossils, motag8tor, rdixon900, Da Storm, Victor Kruger and zd3no.
GM team:
1Big Chief, astro5, BUCK 69, GAZBAN2001, Harres, HelenBack, irishmyst, Johnny45s, Kaos101, Kidd Kalypso, Nisa, PJMAX, pscspyder, Tali Banjo, SaloonJim, - Merrill -, Dystope, eeyam and Chloe o Gurl.

I'll see you on the battle field.

Da Twista / Chao Gai