Chef Weapon Set

Pankreas PorFavor

@Pankreas PorFavor That's not a naive thought at all in my opinion.

with a subscription fee, the profit would still be there for Inno.
and they can even allow a completely free game for players - say, until level 50, or for 30 days, or whatever Inno thinks is enough to get them excited and hooked enough to want to join full on and pay subscription. there are ways to keep this alive and fun for all, the question is - is anyone at Innno interested to do so?

asdf124

with a subscription fee, the profit would still be there for Inno.
and they can even allow a completely free game for players - say, until level 50, or for 30 days, or whatever Inno thinks is enough to get them excited and hooked enough to want to join full on and pay subscription. there are ways to keep this alive and fun for all, the question is - is anyone at Innno interested to do so?
It is a nice idea but I don’t think it is realistic.

Reason behind my objection is that I don’t think you realize the competition this game has which was certainly not there back when it was the best browser game.

Playerbase would be too small but the business might still be profitable enough for innogames to do it.

Wish you gave your idea was given 5-9 years ago when the game was thriving.

Pankreas PorFavor

Wish you gave your idea was given 5-9 years ago when the game was thriving.

I am perfectly aware that this game will never be as popular as it once was. I am also aware that this, or any other similar idea, won't get implemented. Innogames doesn't invest any really signifficant effort in The West, they said so.
I was just thinking out loud about ideas that could keep this game alive for a while longer.

It's worth saying - I've been a pessimist about the future of this game for years, if you read some of my posts from the time they upgraded to ver.2 you'd see why. But so many years later - the game is still here, and so am I (if i may say so, it's not because of Innogames, but despite them). I didn't really think it will be like this back in 2012. Who knows what the future brings...

DeletedUser35415

300 for chef gun, so 900 to gets to level 1 plus 2700 to level 2 plus 8100 to level 3. add that to get 11700
4000 nuggets cost 80 american dollars, my maths are not that far off give or take a few dollars

Gus, how many rifles u need for lvl3?
3*3*3=27
am i right?
now make 300nuggs x 27 rifles...
how many nuggs u get?

And Pankreas PorFavor, Gus, is right.. if prices, as u ask, woud be cheaper i would have lvl5.. What would u say then?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35101

Bottom line in this discussion is... there is just too many sets, too many clothes... we barely get to wear them and by time we can sell event sets new event is already starting... With this increase in clothes added, at least than bring it back to origin and lets us sell / buy event items during event, so at least we do get to use it for more than few days and new event is up

So ofc each new set has to better than previous one, so people spend to get it! But where does it end?!

We cant even follow set names or what bonus each set or as it is now, each item gives as bonus...

Way game is going is very clear if you just look on west wiki and open up Set items and look how many new CS sets are added each year... It already feels like each month new clothes is up (and is almost like that) ....What is next, each week?!

We really want some other developments, besides new clothes.... there is so many great ideas and so much can be done to game

My very first comment of this game, when i saw it friend playing was: "Oh looks like you're playing with dolls... you dress them up and set to do things." And that was almost 9 years ago, when we only had shop clothes
...and now for sure is like that! Shopping, shopping and more shopping for clothes!

DeletedUser33353

I seldom comment here anymore, but all of this started with the upgrading of items years ago. That genie is out of the bottle so I really do not think nothing can be done about this set nor the previous multiple op'd sets. Just wait til the next one is released that will cause a ruckus :)

DeletedUser26820

3 suggestions to the boat we're all in that some say is sinking:

(1) If Inno wants to have 72-hour promotions for limited sets like the Black Friday and the Chef's, don't limit them to 72-hours. Instead, Inno should run them for a full week. If Inno's goal is to capture nuggets, hence income, let some folks see and feel and taste what a L3 Chef's left hand will do. One of two things will happen: Players will be impressed by the gear and they'll purchase it, or they won't which was their original intent. So running the promotion for another 96 hours can only increase income to Inno during the promotion.

I, personally, am a perfect example of this being a positive for Inno. I was out of pocket and mostly offline for the 72-hours of the Chef set promotion. Got back online the same day it ended. If I had a chance to see what the set was doing, I would have, at minimum, purchased a complete L1 set, and might have even taken it to L2. Inno stopping the promotion at 72 hours lost out on my nuggets.

I'm not suggesting this is a suggestion to bridge the gap between nugget spenders and free players. That's a different conversation regarding this specific suggestion.

(2) Have Inno spend the programming time to allow us to downgrade items. Once we get an item to L1, L2, L3, whatever, at least give us the option to downgrade it back to singles. If it cost $5000 to take 3 singles to L1, charge us 1.5 or 2 times to downgrade it from L1 back to 3 singles. There's a penalty in it, but this suggestion will flush the market with now worthless, upgraded gear that becomes accessible to free to play players via market sales and trades.

This suggestion would be a tremendous bridge in the gap between nugget spenders and free players.

(3) There's no reason that in a initial promo item like the Chef's set that it can capped at a level. There's nothing wrong with capping a promo set at L2. If it's ever again released or offered, then remove the cap and let it go to L5. Everyone has now had 2 opportunities to see what it is and what it does. Those that didn't get any the first time around have a second opportunity. Those that got it and love it have the opportunity to continue upgrading it if desired.

One downside to this, if it is implemented (doubtful), is that future, promotional L2 gear should at minimum equal L3 gear of what it's nerfing.
Meaning, if a gear promotion comes out to rival or equalize the Chef's set, let's call it the fosputter set, the L2 of the fosputter set should be real close to the sp's/ap's/bonuses of a L3 Chef's. I bring this up as if the intent of Inno is to equalize or offset, or even improve upon, previous promotions, if there's a future cap on the initial offer of the suggested L2, it only makes sense to me to have it equalize or offset, or even improve upon, the previous promotion.

But this is just me....

asdf124

(3) There's no reason that in a initial promo item like the Chef's set that it can capped at a level. There's nothing wrong with capping a promo set at L2. If it's ever again released or offered, then remove the cap and let it go to L5. Everyone has now had 2 opportunities to see what it is and what it does. Those that didn't get any the first time around have a second opportunity. Those that got it and love it have the opportunity to continue upgrading it if desired.

One downside to this, if it is implemented (doubtful), is that future, promotional L2 gear should at minimum equal L3 gear of what it's nerfing.
Meaning, if a gear promotion comes out to rival or equalize the Chef's set, let's call it the fosputter set, the L2 of the fosputter set should be real close to the sp's/ap's/bonuses of a L3 Chef's. I bring this up as if the intent of Inno is to equalize or offset, or even improve upon, previous promotions, if there's a future cap on the initial offer of the suggested L2, it only makes sense to me to have it equalize or offset, or even improve upon, the previous promotion.

But this is just me....
Do you even know what upgrading does?

For level 1, it increases the sp/damage/ap's/ or whatever bonus is by 10%. For level 2, add another 10%, level 3, add another 10%. How in the world would you make a level 2(20%)equate to a level 3(30%)(0.3)?

DeletedUser26820

Relative to the specific conversation of this thread, asdf, you missed a point I was hoping to share relative to many negative posts in this this thread.
Yes, sir. I know what upgrading does. Thanks for asking me here in public forum if I'm a dumb ass or not.
For the record, I have a bit of a clue of what upgrading does with gear.

You want to know how in the world we can get a L2 gear item to equal or better L3 item?
Ok, Dumbass.... here's how. L2 and L3 Chef's left hand items have nerfed EVERY Tombola Event Prize left hand, not to mention L2 Outlaw's left hands, which were earned, not nuggeted, in Adventures and with Dueler class toons at FF's.
If that can done, what I suggest can be done.

If you don't agree with my suggestions, that's your prerogative and God given right to disagree all you want.
But please do me a favor and not approach or address me like I'm your Father, an idiot with a lot of regrets.

DeletedUser33353

If you don't agree with my suggestions, that's your prerogative and God given right to disagree all you want.

Actually, that is a 1st Amendment right of the U.S. Constitution....God gives no rights ;) And Professor Kidd is done.

asdf124

But please do me a favor and not approach or address me like I'm your Father, an idiot with a lot of regrets.
Name calling, so mature.

Your suggestion should have said that to cap it to level 2. Not a cap of a level 2 that will look like level 3.
Something unnecessary the latter was.

But what I understand from your post and many other American old players(not all) is, they seriously love to be the most vocal in a conversation. Considering that they aren't the subject. So, you have great ideas to combat the negativeness in this thread. Please be more constructive about it next time.

Actually, that is a 1st Amendment right of the U.S. Constitution....God gives no rights ;) And Professor Kidd is done.
If you have nothing that will help this discussion. You know where the door is.

bosurker

I've overlooked a lot of poor development, and community interaction in my years playing this game - but this is looking like the straw that breaks the camel's back. The fact that this thread has been on the recent activity list for weeks now and hasn't been addressed amazes me. If the plan is to just sweep this under the rug and ignore the problem until it goes away, I will be leaving. Genuinely amazed at how little this game seems to care about its more than loyal passionate player-base.

DeletedUser26820

Name calling, so mature.

Your suggestion should have said that to cap it to level 2. Not a cap of a level 2 that will look like level 3.
Something unnecessary the latter was.

But what I understand from your post and many other American old players(not all) is, they seriously love to be the most vocal in a conversation. Considering that they aren't the subject. So, you have great ideas to combat the negativeness in this thread. Please be more constructive about it next time.

If you have nothing that will help this discussion. You know where the door is.

Pot calling the kettle black, eh, asdf?
Name calling as you refer to it? How is that any different than you stereotyping me as an "American old player", whatever that is. What does it offer to the conversation??
Maybe you meant a veteran toon that resides in the United States as you have no idea of my age. See, I can correct your grammer also ;)

I did offer something that will help this discussion. Offered 3 suggestions.

I'm sure I'll be the one that gets accused for causing "drama".... It's come to be expected, even after offering (3) completely and neutral suggestions to rectify a situation. We do notice you haven't addressed a single one of them in regards to their merits relative to this thread. But that's come to be expected.

asdf124

I'm sure I'll be the one that gets accused for causing "drama".... It's come to be expected, even after offering (3) completely and neutral suggestions to rectify a situation. We do notice you haven't addressed a single one of them in regards to their merits relative to this thread. But that's come to be expected.
I asked about your 3'rd suggestion as I wanted explanation about what you meant. What I got back is "address me like I'm your Father, an idiot with a lot of regrets."(This offense should not be tolerated as my own father has nothing to do with any of this discussion.)

To me, you went defensive like the true colors you have. You vomit toxicity without regards to anyone. So, your selfish desire is to want to cap it as you gain the most by not having to get those items to "compete".

I remember a post with your pic, you clearly look as old as a 46 year old. But age is a number, clarifying my post(I clearly said most old American attitude) which would be the "get off my lawn" attitude.

Stereotypes don't have to be racists, but my post clearly said most where it doesn't say all old americans have such attitude. Clearly, you like to be senile and toxic.

I sincerely don't need to address these issues as I have made a lot more ideas that would actually improve the gameplay.(in my opinion) Up to innogames if they want to implement em or not.

Al35ul

I've overlooked a lot of poor development, and community interaction in my years playing this game - but this is looking like the straw that breaks the camel's back. The fact that this thread has been on the recent activity list for weeks now and hasn't been addressed amazes me. If the plan is to just sweep this under the rug and ignore the problem until it goes away, I will be leaving. Genuinely amazed at how little this game seems to care about its more than loyal passionate player-base.
While I do agree with all that you've said ,there isn't much that can be done after the set is released and bought by players. As such,there isn't much to address in my opinion as the only thing about these guns,that players want (including myself), is to reduce their damage but ,as we've seen from the past,not all players agree with this since it's not what was paid for initially,which is understandable, I would hate to spend money on a number of items then have them being nerfed.

Only thing that I can take from this is that such sets should be "tested " a bit more before release or release something for non-premium players so the gap can be closed.

asdf124

While I do agree with all that you've said ,there isn't much that can be done after the set is released and bought by players. As such,there isn't much to address in my opinion as the only thing about these guns,that players want (including myself), is to reduce their damage but ,as we've seen from the past,not all players agree with this since it's not what was paid for initially,which is understandable, I would hate to spend money on a number of items then have them being nerfed.

Only thing that I can take from this is that such sets should be "tested " a bit more before release or release something for non-premium players so the gap can be closed.
Wish the CS sets would be bonds too....

bosurker

While it isn't going to fix the issue, some assurance from those in charge that such large jumps in power-gap aren't going to become the new norm would certainly make something like this an easier pill to swallow. And while it isn't always cost effective - returning nuggets to those who purchased the Weapons if the bonuses on the set aren't what were promised is just considered to be a good business practice. Totally agree that something isn't working in the current Beta system, whether that is time spent being tested - or reported problems not being addressed.

asdf124

Totally agree that something isn't working in the current Beta system, whether that is time spent being tested - or reported problems not being addressed.
I believe collector set events are usually having the same date in beta with none beta.

Only way to know if such set is coming is by increasing latest item array code, untill you find something new.

Al35ul

While it isn't going to fix the issue, some assurance from those in charge that such large jumps in power-gap aren't going to become the new norm would certainly make something like this an easier pill to swallow. And while it isn't always cost effective - returning nuggets to those who purchased the Weapons if the bonuses on the set aren't what were promised is just considered to be a good business practice. Totally agree that something isn't working in the current Beta system, whether that is time spent being tested - or reported problems not being addressed.

I doubt that we will ever receive such kind of assurance although I would want to hear this more than anyone. This is the first ever that I've bought a nugget set and I would be happy to return it if it means getting an over-powered set off the market. However, I'm quite sure this won't be happening as ,as we all can see, Inno appeals more to their premium customers base than they do to their non-premium. We've seen it time and time again with each and every tombola that was released; the game is going downhill and the only thing that grows on that hill are little flowers called "non-premium veterans" who keep getting squashed.

HelenBack

The Chef set definitely should not have been upgradeable.. Period. Just the regular level set is over-powered. Add on extra levels and why bother even showing up to a battle anymore? We've seen people who used to be able to hold a tower for 10 rounds be obliterated in 3... maybe... sometimes only 2.

This GAME is definitely Free to Play, but Pay to Win. I've said that for years... But it is so painfully true now. Honestly, I don't know how much longer the non-premiums can take this abuse from Inno. :(

Yes it's abuse... By neglect. Inno doesn't seem to understand that without the many non-premiums playing this GAME... The premiums would have so few to play with. Doubt they could fill a small battle if there was only 1 world. Even if those neglected non-premium players don't buy nuggets regularly (or at all), they help support this GAME and help to make it what it is today.

I used to buy nuggets... I used premium for character bonus fairly frequently... Then Inno allowed us to buy SP and AP. I stopped buying nuggets then. I still don't think that was a good idea... but it's way too late for that now.

The set is already out there... Maybe at least take away the ability to upgrade it. Anyone who has upgraded should get their money/nuggets/whatever back.

Going forward, Inno needs to start trying to keep the non-premiums from leaving... Make new sets that we can ALL get. In ALL worlds...

Which reminds me... The American Set only being allowed in 1 world... That also sux. I should be able to get it in ALL my worlds. Not have to choose one and then search mindlessly for crappy products for all the quests that need hundreds of items to complete.
o_O:rolleyes: