Chef Weapon Set

bosurker

Had to make a post here, since these new sets don't get their own Discussion Threads.

First let me say that my main Character is a Dueler, and I love doing damage. All my AP/SP is dumped right into Leadership and I am always trying my best to push top damage. With that being said, as much as I love pushing my damage higher - this new set is really going to hurt Fort Fights as a whole. The fact that players are getting a +130 Damage Sector Bonus is absolutely Insane, couple that with the fact that the Base Average Damage on the Gun upgraded ONCE [at level 150], is Higher than the PSSR^5.

This means a 900 Nugget weapon is better than a Rifle that costs $13,335,200.

I understand InnoGames is a business, and at the end of the day they're here to make money - but how long is this constant escalation of numbers going to go on? I'm sure in a few months we'll see a new Nugget Clothing set that will offer Insane Health and Resistance to counter the "Adverse Effects" of this new weapon set... How much of this constant power creep are we expected to endure?

And I'm sure people will remind others that, "You don't have to buy it if you don't want to" - and that's true, but for those who want to stay competitive in Fort Fights we have little choice. The gap between Premium Players and Free-to-Play Players is constantly growing, and introducing so many Ridiculously Advantaged sets to Players via "Nugget Only Specials" will surely see the end of my Playtime here. We have Bonds in the game for a reason - so please refrain from Alienating players who aren't able to Fork Out Cash every month.

WanderingStranger

As someone who doesnt buy nuggets, I understand Inno needs money to keep the game going but this set isnt helping.

Some towns spent years and tens millions of dollars in-game to upgrade their players and all of that time, money, and teamwork has been negated by someone with a decent wallet. It is demoralizing to have someone come in and spend a few hundred nuggets equal all of that.

Ghosting is getting harder and harder too making it harder to trust advents. It is not unrealistic to lose 4k a round and actually not even take a crit because regular hits can top 1k for duelers and it keeps going up. Defenses are already difficult and this made them harder. You already have to hide. Tower and wall bonuses are a trap that help little against a mass of attackers so now it is a jostle for gate LOS. We are running out of possible defenses that dont involves praying the attack makes 30 mistakes (because 25 wouldnt be enough) and you dont make any.

We are drowning in a world of too much fire and this just throws gasoline on it.

Blodox

As the trend goes, free to play players are going to be extinct. Feeding the game constantly every 2 months with new and empowered sets will kill the game for many. They don't care for players that don't spend money in game. That is just dead weight for them. Seems very clear to me. If Inno carred a bit for the free to play players, they would help them have fun, but they have one goal and that is MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS WE CAN BEFORE EVERYONE QUITS. I'm will start quitting fort fighing in any of the sets. I shall use only gear from town's shop unupgraded, even if i die in 1st round, but my death shall drag the others after me and no one will have fun anymore and start quitting, probably. That will be fun, right?

DeletedUser20579

Good stuff here.

It is the nature of the beast that each new set has to better than the last set. Not much we can do about that. Is it overpowered?

I like the idea of using bonds to buy the items. Maybe bonds can buy the items, but it costs double the price of nuggets? We can't let premium players be too advantaged or the free players will disappear real quick like.

Harsha..

A possibility is to have two sets available. One set with for the premium players and a second, less powerful set that players can buy with bonds. That should be a good compromise - players will still spend nuggets to get the strongest set, but at the same time allowing the free players to keep up to an extent.

This set is already disrupting adventures severely. People are buying level 3 chef's stuff and that is more dangerous than an event gun. I fear that low levels will simply not be competitive in advents anymore. They should've capped the upgrades to level 1/2 and not allowed level 3.

asdf124

Well, it is priced the same as 1 venom snake. :D

1 venom snake equates to a whole deputy chef set!
Using bonds at the Christmas event could be the way Inno thinks they're letting free players keep up?
There hasn't been a collector set in those bags since the venom snake(2015)

Pankreas PorFavor

There hasn't been a collector set in those bags since the venom snake(2015)

Harsha.. said: allowing the free players to keep up to an extent. and I was thinking about the standard set items that let you keep up "to an extent".

also, Inno gave the old soccer items for free this year (if you were a bit lucky) but introduced new ones. currently the "summer collection" items are available in beta from the willow baskets, next week they'll be available in .net
is Inno doing something? yes.
is it enough? I don't think so.
is it too late? definitely.
that's just my opinion, of course, ymmv.

Harsha..

Using bonds at the Christmas event could be the way Inno thinks they're letting free players keep up?

Um, that is not even keeping up. It just means people will get more adams, more hombres, and become, in essence more cannon fodder.

What I meant is that alongside a nugget set, some sort of set has to be available for bonds. For example, along with the golden animals, they could have released a "sliver animal" set, something with like 30% less resistance and HP. Likewise, there could be some sort of weapons that are similar to chef's, but less damage. Right now there's no such equivalent and that is the problem.

To think of it, the new golden gun is supposed to be the bone the devs have thrown to the free players...but, again, it's limited compared to chef's. Maybe, they could alllow players to do the quest again, this time with double the diffculty to get another GG. and then once players have three GGs, they can upgrade it. At the least, it will give hard working free players something.

bosurker

I don't think these "Seasonal" sets we see every month should cost less Nuggets than Bonds. These sets are strong, but as time has shown - really show their strength when upgraded. Anyone using Bonds is limited to how much they can upgrade. Those who wish to upgrade sets, and own all sets that are introduced will have to use Nuggets. I think this is a fairly simple solution to this issue, however it completely ignores the glaring issue of constant power creep of gear - on a HUGE scale. The monetization model of this game is insulting at this point, and they have to continually push the boundaries to make sets players feel required to buy.

Abydos1

Well, they just made the new shiny GG set obsolete with this ridiculous new nugget munching weapon set...I was just beginning to enjoy adventures with a level playing field after finally finishing the long and grueling questlines to get the shiny GG rifle and then they screw it all up with this crap. Now everybody that didn't upgrade the chef weapon to level 3 gets wiped out in adventures...nice going inno you screwed it up again! :mad:

P.S. I have always been against the upgrading feature and this is further proof of the consequences of it...I am proud to say I have never upgraded any of my items to this day and trust me I have been tempted to do so but this has pretty much clinched it for me. Enjoy! :rolleyes:

asdf124

Well, they just made the new shiny GG set obsolete with this ridiculous new nugget munching weapon set...I was just beginning to enjoy adventures with a level playing field after finally finishing the long and grueling questlines to get the shiny GG rifle and then they screw it all up with this crap. Now everybody that didn't upgrade the chef weapon to level 3 gets wiped out in adventures...nice going inno you screwed it up again! :mad:

P.S. I have always been against the upgrading feature and this is further proof of the consequences of it...I am proud to say I have never upgraded any of my items to this day and trust me I have been tempted to do so but this has pretty much clinched it for me. Enjoy! :rolleyes:
I am sorry to hear that and I can not blame you.

The set is very good for adventures/fort fights. Is it as good as gringo weapon set though? I certainly want to find out but don’t think gringo has a chance against level 3 set(damage wise)

bosurker

The numbers most certainly do. Took the time (and money) to upgrade a Pat Garrett's Rifle ^3, and I'm easily doing 250 more damage per shot with my new Chef Gun. First the Hawaiian Set, then the Golden Horse Set, and now these Weapons. I know sets have to get better to incentivize players to buy them, but these recent jumps in gear are really out of hand.

asdf124

The numbers most certainly do. Took the time (and money) to upgrade a Pat Garrett's Rifle ^3, and I'm easily doing 250 more damage per shot with my new Chef Gun. First the Hawaiian Set, then the Golden Horse Set, and now these Weapons. I know sets have to get better to incentivize players to buy them, but these recent jumps in gear are really out of hand.
I expected this due to newest gear for this year had the same damage bonus as an outlaw rifle. Then came the shiny golden weapon set. It can’t be given without reprisals.

Now I see what the upgraded GG lead to. But maybe that is the scapegoat. I certainly don’t know.

DeletedUser39045

I just "enjoyed" an adventure in which two opponents had Chef's Knives - one operated taking properties, while the other (Johnny45s) just spawn camped with Inspire and Chef Knife (^3) killing everyone as they refreshed (4000 damage in a turn will do that!).

I mean, no reason for him not to (he can), but it makes the adventure pretty pointless.