Submitted Chatroom fix

Would you like this idea to be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 40 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22493

Link to original thread can be found <HERE>.

- There will be a two week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

- If the idea wins 80% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers. If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal
Make one Server Chat for the server and remove all the New County chat rooms like Room 1, Room 2 etc.

Current Workaround
None.

Details
One server chat would show all people online on the server. We could finally abuse the annoying enemies in fort battles, something lost with new chat. As an additional benefit, chat up random people.

Abuse Prevention
One possible Abuse - You can't hide from chat, showing you're online to everyone.
Prevention - Add feature to remove from chatroom when clicked on Option to exit chatroom. (I suppose it still does that, but I'm not sure)

Visual Aids
fygkg.jpg

Summary
With the county chats gone, we can not chat with players in and around the same area. The players in the new chat rooms are random. This takes away a fun part of the game where we used to banter with the opposing side during the fort battles, as not all of them are in the same room as you are.
Though I think new Room chats are an improvement as there are less rooms with more people in them, we can't change chat rooms and can't really have an open house in chat. Having one server chat could fix that as there'd be no need for changing rooms and all the players on the server would be in there. Also it gives a better opportunity to players who are not part of any alliance to have a social aspect in the game.
I think there is a limit of 80 people per chat room, and when one chat room was filled, another one was opened. So at busy server times there would be multiple county chats. I'm not aware the limit of 80 is imposed due to coding requirements or to ease the pressure off the server, but I hope the ceiling is lifted and there is only county/server Chat.

Disclaimer
If you are offended by my idea or the presentation of it or the language, I am a certified sane person. The intent of the proposal is to add fun, and not to be politically correct. Feel free to add your constructive input.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser35174

i think the chats are fine as they are now. but i do prefer the chat system in the west before 2.0.

But if your'e going to do something about chats fix the FF chat. half the time its wrong. and it doesnt show if youre ranked or not or capts and generals

DeletedUser22493

This idea has passed the votes (barely..), and will be sent of to the dev's.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.