Resolved charlatan with dirty piece of metal

DeletedUser35586

I have done charlatan with dirty piece of metal equipped 35 hours so far... for golden weap quest -
did i miss something?
does motivation matter?

thank you

DeletedUser34315

Quest drops have been changed greatly in the last few updates. You're doing it correctly; but without much luck. I've never seen motivation to matter in quest drops (with the exception of key 3; I've never seen that found at under 50% motivation.)
I'd say, keep trying. Hopefully you will get lucky :)

DeletedUser30224

If I remember correctly motivation is important for the drop here. But I might as well just sayid something stupid. I remember having problems with the sabre in Arizona, and something about keeping it high on motivation.

DeletedUser22685

The Charlatan step shouldn't be affected by motivation as far as I know, but I've done it twice in 2.0 and it only took a couple of hours max each time, so perhaps it's worth letting it refill and trying again.

DeletedUser

Does anyone know if the treasure chest part of this quest still works? I have been doing the job for 8 hours straight and still have not got the drop.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have now done treasure hunt 68 times with the map equipped and still have not had the chest drop. Does this quest still work with the new jobs the way they are?

Ripwise

It works the same as it always was! Do you have positive LPs for the charlatan? if you do then you just might be unlucky!

DeletedUser

Actyally, I am stuck on this one as well. Did over 10 hours I believe, I still can't get it.

DeletedUser31239

Does it matter if you do 10 min jobs or 1 hour jobs for Charlatan?

If anyone is interested, 10 min jobs do work. I just managed to get the golden blade :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35646

I've done 15s, 10mins and 1hour jobs since Saturday. My Lp is in a negative by 26 though.... don't know if that might just be it.

Still nothing has dropped... only me getting KO'd on the job repeatedly.

DeletedUser

I've done 15s, 10mins and 1hour jobs since Saturday. My Lp is in a negative by 26 though.... don't know if that might just be it.

That´s your problem.
You need to have, at least, 1 Labor point. So, get 28 more points for the job and it will drop.

ALL the quest items (events excluded) needs that the job gets into the positive points to drop them. If you have 500 negative points on a job... you get smashed and you won´t get any quest item because you cannot understand the job.

DeletedUser35646

It dropped after having +2 LP and doing it for an hour :D

GS dropped within 30seconds.