RP Discussion Characters Thread

DeletedUser

I can't think of any character designs to post right now...I'm not sure I could see the point anyway, making characters without an RP to support them.
Easy multiple answer question, I'd assume you, yourself, would understand this, Celxius.

Ask yourself the question you just de-inferenced... Why would I make a character without a limit of any kind set, no background setting, and no particular reason for them to exist?

Once you have pondered this idea enough, you may open the spoiler answer.

[spoil] Because you can, and it's fun and easy, you have boundless limits on what characters you can create. You could create a Modern Day dragon named Cassa Mille Plink, and never have use for him. You could create a lizard man of the Medieval era. Or make one for the western era, but never have any use for him. Or, you could do something COMPLETELY out of character for yourself and make a complete badass Western character who reminds us all of our favorite Clint Flicks. The main goal of this thread was for a response to Characters, positive or negative, and advice on how to make them better, It strayed from that too early. [/spoil]

There's something else I've been meaning to talk about for a while now. What kind of characters do you tend to making? I like to make outlier characters, ones that don't fit any sterotypes of the setting. I think I tend to make reptilian characters too. I suppose I just like dragons.

I make western characters. Not just because I am trying my hand at story writing, but because I love the old west. I like to make Characters with their own equated personalities, that match up to movies I have seen, and some from my dreams. Take James West's character I drafted into my imagined way of; I think of him as a masculine tough guy who is quite often serious, but will allow for good times to be had. Then there is Hiram Rhodes (Originally Hiram Trousdale, from "The Book of David" and had few talents, but rennovated for Frisco 21 to be a great gunslinger) who is of wealthy British heritage, hince his english accent, who not only has a hot sister, but is also incredibly fast with a gun, much like Red Dead Revolver's Jack Swift.
Jack_Swift_PS2_RDR_tif_jpgcopy.jpg

Do you know, I've been thinking about making a Lizardfos character in your Hyrule RP? Or maybe a fairy, that'd be fun. What about you, Regal? I seem to recall that in the past, you often named your characters after members of Organization XIII. Have you grown out of that little habit yet? I'm just wondering.

Go for it. It's a fantasy Role Play, built for Fantasy characters.
As for Bethesda, I oppose you using a lizard man simply because it is not a true total-fantasy setting. It's a Western and not all fantasy. Werewolves and Vampires and gunslingers, and that's how it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Celxius claimed he could make the quirkiest characters. I think I'll try my hand at that.

ngbbs4444250326c0f.jpg

Name: David Tubesock Wahurgenjettser Yogurtcannon Schofield
Species: Homsar
Native Planet: North Cucumber Station
Native Dimension: God Save the Queen

Skills: Nothing, pantyhose, Metallica, a pin, a pipe and a potato.
Weapons: Jean shorts, yellow, johannmaximus, Betamax.
Likes: Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Dislikes: Dodgeball, kangaroos, El Cascabel
Carboard: Brooklyn rage! Brooklyn rage!
Celxius: And to think that I saw it on Mulberry street.

Hair color: Circle
Motivation: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Celxius: Que hace el pez™
Beliefs: Epidermis ceiling
Albatross: Life is calling

DeletedUser14280

Celxius claimed he could make the quirkiest characters. I think I'll try my hand at that.

ngbbs4444250326c0f.jpg

Name: David Tubesock Wahurgenjettser Yogurtcannon Schofield
Species: Homsar
Native Planet: North Cucumber Station
Native Dimension: God Save the Queen

Skills: Nothing, pantyhose, Metallica, a pin, a pipe and a potato.
Weapons: Jean shorts, yellow, johannmaximus, Betamax.
Likes: Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Dislikes: Dodgeball, kangaroos, El Cascabel
Carboard: Brooklyn rage! Brooklyn rage!
Celxius: And to think that I saw it on Mulberry street.

Hair color: Circle
Motivation: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Celxius: Que hace el pez™
Beliefs: Epidermis ceiling
Albatross: Life is calling
I have a question.
Could you play that character in a serious RP?