RP Discussion Characters Thread

DeletedUser

I'm not for limiting creativity, I'm for limiting individual post length.
150 line maximum, please.

I'd rather have everything on a single post than over and over again, fool. Your suggestion would strongly limit the possibilities of posting stories for the GAM section, and I'd be pretty damn pissed about that, now, so I suggest you ease off that there trigger before I rip your lungs out, Jim

coyote2.jpg

DeletedUser14280

Would not. You're being silly.

150 lines is twice as long as:
[spoil].
This.[/spoil]
That much space is certainly enough to make a contribution to a story.
Nowhere near enough to write a full length book, mind, but certainly long enough for half a dozen paragraphs.

DeletedUser

Would not. You're being silly.

150 lines is twice as long as:
[spoil].
This.[/spoil]
That much space is certainly enough to make a contribution to a story.
Nowhere near enough to write a full length book, mind, but certainly long enough for half a dozen paragraphs.
That simply further demonstrates your lack of intellegence in the One-Writer story realm. Do you realize how much it takes to make a chapter seem worth a crap for a perfectionist? Dealing with a large amount of detail and aggression towards imperfection can hinder a storys development to only two or three chapters a week at times. I'm not willing to screw up, and I certainly want to be able to post my hard earned work on the forum if I feel like doing so. I will however, go back and edit the page so that each character is in a spoiler. If that doesn't satisfy you then release your dragon from its pouch and I will have Hellstromm come along soon enough with a dark sacrificial blade of forgiveness.

DeletedUser14280

Since when were we talking about writing full stories?
I'm talking about RP posting; do a few paragraphs, pass the buck on to the next person.
If you're writing a story all by yourself, make the posts as long as you like.

DeletedUser

Since when were we talking about writing full stories?
I'm talking about RP posting; do a few paragraphs, pass the buck on to the next person.
If you're writing a story all by yourself, make the posts as long as you like.

God you really took this off topic.

I was posting Characters, and this isn't a role play. It's for role play characters! This is a discussion on Characters, so shut up, or go along with the thread and post something.

DeletedUser

Looks like I have to do this myself. Here's my version, modifying Dave's a little. There!!!
| means older years.
|
colonel_of_the_confederacy.JPEG
l
3144447733_8e94e61727.jpg

Name: James Travis West

Nicknames: James, Colonel, Travis, James West, Colonel West | The Old Man

D.O.D. 1941
Race: Human, Irish-American

Appearance: James is a very serious man, with a no bull attitude. The pain and anger in his life keeps him a state of sadness and loathing, which he hides greatly. He has a goatee, with an elegant moustache. He keeps his hair well parted most of the time in formality, but he doesn't require himself to be attractive and well-looking all the time, only when around superior commanders and beautiful women. He wears gray clothing to symbolize his affiliation with the Confederacy.
| James looks like an old man who’s seen his fair share of death and war. His hair has grayed from its brown tinge. He is all business and takes crap from no one as always. His past seems behind him, yet it still is plain when he recollects his life at times. He still holds his elegant moustache, but he has allowed his goatee to transform into a short beard which he often trims. Sometimes he simply shaves his beard. He let his hair grow out a little bit into a short pony-tail, which he keeps in line. Even at his old age, he still is a handsome man, and sometimes even beats the younger when it comes to women. His face shows his years, yet he is still the old fighting spirit he once was.

Body Color: White

Hair Color: Brown
| Grayish Brown

Eye Color: Blue Green
| Gray

Equipment: Colt Army Model 1860, 1860 Officers Saber
| Colt Bisley 1895 (Modified Peacemaker) and a Colt M1889 (M92) backup, A Winchester 1894, a buck knife, and an 1860 Officers Saber, among various other equipment. He also carries a sawn-off Colt 1878 Coach Gun.

Profession: Confederacy Colonel
| Bounty Hunter/Hired Gun/Marshal/Professional Gambler

Personality: A tough man who's seen more than his fair share of death. He was fine with being a regular infantry or cavalrymen, but Stonewall Jackson would hear none of it. He personally picked James as a colonel to aid him, which the Union says was to hide the fact that the Confederacy needed officers. Stonewall, even to his death, and James' friends denied these accusations and rumors. He hides his anger and sadness under a cocky, happy and funny attitude, which is influenced by his drinking habits. Women find him to be strong-willed and an amazing lover.
| As an old man James is still as powerful as he was during the war. He still has the take-no-crap personality, and he is less troubled by his past. Many men his age are frail, or dead. However, he is not like most men. He is still a fighter, and does not hesitate to kill any who cross his path. He seems happier and more cheerful, playing happier tunes on his banjo and harmonica then when he was in the army. He still is a gentleman as always, and most women still find him a great lover and seducer even for being an older man.

Often Seen: With his regiment or commanding officers. On the battlefield. Local saloons, if any. Seen chatting up many women.
| In saloons. His home and estate in Texas. Out riding his horse on the job in the Wild, Wild West. Jail cells. Marshal's offices.

Most known for: His courageous efforts to promote the Confederate cause. He seduced many women, before and after his wife's death.
| His work as a bounty hunter and a marshal. However, deep inside, he was always Colonel James West of the Confederate Army. He visited the North from time to time, but mostly chose to stay in the New England area or down south in Texas. Two of his children followed him as a protector of the peace and become gun men and mercenaries for companies out in the West. James is known for his expertise in military tactics, employing a "Hammer and Anvil" tactic during the First Battle of Bull Run.

Favorite Food: James enjoys a good dish of steak complemented with potato, a fine drink of Coffee or Whiskey, and cake or death on the side.

Favorite Color: The darker colors in life. He prefers grey with gold trim as his official uniform. l As he grew older, he stuck to darker colors to hide himself during ambushes, but preferred the color none the less. He kept to black, blood red, and dark brown clothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Looks like I have to do this myself. Here's my version, modifying Dave's a little. There!!!
| means older years.
|
colonel_of_the_confederacy.JPEG
l
3144447733_8e94e61727.jpg

Name: James Travis West

Nicknames: James, Colonel, Travis, James West, Colonel West | The Old Man

D.O.D. 1941
Race: Human, Irish-American

Appearance: James is a very serious man, with a no bull attitude. The pain and anger in his life keeps him a state of sadness and loathing, which he hides greatly. He has a goatee, with an elegant moustache. He keeps his hair well parted most of the time in formality, but he doesn't require himself to be attractive and well-looking all the time, only when around superior commanders and beautiful women. He wears gray clothing to symbolize his affiliation with the Confederacy.
| James looks like an old man who’s seen his fair share of death and war. His hair has grayed from its brown tinge. He is all business and takes crap from no one as always. His past seems behind him, yet it still is plain when he recollects his life at times. He still holds his elegant moustache, but he has allowed his goatee to transform into a short beard which he often trims. Sometimes he simply shaves his beard. He let his hair grow out a little bit into a short pony-tail, which he keeps in line. Even at his old age, he still is a handsome man, and sometimes even beats the younger when it comes to women. His face shows his years, yet he is still the old fighting spirit he once was.

Body Color: White

Hair Color: Brown
| Grayish Brown

Eye Color: Blue Green
| Gray

Equipment: Colt Army Model 1860, 1860 Officers Saber
| Colt Bisley 1895 (Modified Peacemaker) and a Colt M1889 (M92) backup, A Winchester 1894, a buck knife, and an 1860 Officers Saber, among various other equipment. He also carries a sawn-off Colt 1878 Coach Gun.

Profession: Confederacy Colonel
| Bounty Hunter/Hired Gun/Marshal/Professional Gambler

Personality: A tough man who's seen more than his fair share of death. He was fine with being a regular infantry or cavalrymen, but Stonewall Jackson would hear none of it. He personally picked James as a colonel to aid him, which the Union says was to hide the fact that the Confederacy needed officers. Stonewall, even to his death, and James' friends denied these accusations and rumors. He hides his anger and sadness under a cocky, happy and funny attitude, which is influenced by his drinking habits. Women find him to be strong-willed and an amazing lover.
| As an old man James is still as powerful as he was during the war. He still has the take-no-crap personality, and he is less troubled by his past. Many men his age are frail, or dead. However, he is not like most men. He is still a fighter, and does not hesitate to kill any who cross his path. He seems happier and more cheerful, playing happier tunes on his banjo and harmonica then when he was in the army. He still is a gentleman as always, and most women still find him a great lover and seducer even for being an older man.

Often Seen: With his regiment or commanding officers. On the battlefield. Local saloons, if any. Seen chatting up many women.
| In saloons. His home and estate in Texas. Out riding his horse on the job in the Wild, Wild West. Jail cells. Marshal's offices.

Most known for: His courageous efforts to promote the Confederate cause. He seduced many women, before and after his wife's death.
| His work as a bounty hunter and a marshal. However, deep inside, he was always Colonel James West of the Confederate Army. He visited the North from time to time, but mostly chose to stay in the New England area or down south in Texas. Two of his children followed him as a protector of the peace and become gun men and mercenaries for companies out in the West. James is known for his expertise in military tactics, employing a "Hammer and Anvil" tactic during the First Battle of Bull Run.

Favorite Food: James enjoys a good dish of steak complemented with potato, a fine drink of Coffee or Whiskey, and cake or death on the side.

Favorite Color: The darker colors in life. He prefers grey with gold trim as his official uniform. l As he grew older, he stuck to darker colors to hide himself during ambushes, but preferred the color none the less. He kept to black, blood red, and dark brown clothing.

:eek:hmy: Kevin Costner will be someone else!!! :p
I feel like I captured the image of the colonel better.. As for women, there are only two for you after your 55th birthday!

And me no like the ponytail idea. In my opinion, anyone willing to grow one in the old west can choke on a tumble weed... Or on my pony head... *Depending on the genders here, people!*

And as for age, I always imagined West looking like the old guy in the pic on the left at age 60, so maybe I will consider it, but Bueregard is a much better match for throughout looks. I also have a disagreement with the age, I beleive in your character as said being born in 1838, and striving for a birthday of 100. That would mean he is 27 at the end of the Civil War..

Now... I must eat pizza :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A 27 year old colonel? That's like saying a five year old could be president. Thirty-two was the age I always chose, and I always wanted him to die during the Fourtys. Anyways, he always had a short ponytail. Read my storys and you'll see haha. Anyways, that's James West to the exact point. Besides the Pinkerton thing which you added. I never liked the early FBI, so I just changed it to gun men.

DeletedUser

I'm definately changing him for my version of the story :p

Lieutenant Colonel James T. West, 512th Cavalry of the Confederate States of America. And if he is 32 in the civil war, he would have died in the 20's at the most... for that 100 year goal you mentioned ;)

Anyways I am altering him for Krisco and my "Hollywood remake" of your story :p

DeletedUser

No no no no, author, creator conflict here. James dies in the 30's then k? And I like your writing and you'd do a good job, but I want James to be the hero/villain I always thought and imagined. The dream lives on in you Dave.

DeletedUser

No no no no, author, creator conflict here. James dies in the 30's then k? And I like your writing and you'd do a good job, but I want James to be the hero/villain I always thought and imagined. The dream lives on in you Dave.

*Draws sword!*

No, I insist :p

James dies at age 100 :p Or at around 57 if you want him to... It's pretty hard for a guy that age (50's) to get any girl really, and in western times it'd still be rather hard. Besides, I needs a civil war officer veteran in my story, James is the only badass who can fit it appropriately.

Besides I have the plot all planned out, you meet Matthew again and kill him :p

DeletedUser

Oh fiiiiine. But if he looks like a queer, I will find you and I will kill you. With a battle axe. To the face. And don't think I don't know where to get a battle axe buddy!:p

Deleted User - 819397

NOTE: The Roleplay rules have been updated, including a few new restrictions. Please read and digest the rules, as I will not accept "I didn't know" as an answer to breaking the rules.

DeletedUser

NOTE: The Roleplay rules have been updated, including a few new restrictions. Please read and digest the rules, as I will not accept "I didn't know" as an answer to breaking the rules.

So why does this reside here? It's not in any other threads...

Deleted User - 819397

it's in the Nilikan Crests thread, and enough people post here that it'll be well seen. I didn't want to create a thread to say the rules have been updated, so I said it on the two most populated threads.

DeletedUser

Your the new sheriff of this forum? I didn't know that. Well Regal, do a good job. Or the same thing I said to Dave applies to you *pulls out battleaxe* :)

DeletedUser

*Pulls out schofield and shoots blade off battleaxe*
Now you'll need another one, and P.G.T. Bueregard was one of the best generals for the confederacy in the Civil War. That is who the picture is of in my version of the Character profile, and it's how I imagine James to be looking like.

DeletedUser

I know it's Bearugard. And I don't want him to look like Beauragard. I like him more looking like the guy on the left when he's older (mine) and I like your guy (the younger one) for younger. That settle it? Oh and by the way,

*hair turns gold and yells out* KAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
*giant beam of energy shoots out and hits you*
Shoot my battleaxe. Hmph.

Deleted User - 819397

Stick on topic please. I love the idea of this area, but fighting RP style is best done in the RPs themselves. ;)

DeletedUser14280

Celxius tilted his head in curiosity about James's beam of energy, and opened his muzzle to speak:
"I can't think of any character designs to post right now...I'm not sure I could see the point anyway, making characters without an RP to support them."

The cat-dragon got up and stretched, before padding slowly around the room, waving a long, thin tail behind him.
"There's something else I've been meaning to talk about for a while now." he said as he walked.
"What kind of characters do you tend to making? I like to make outlier characters, ones that don't fit any sterotypes of the setting.
I think I tend to make reptilian characters too. I suppose I just like dragons."
He looked at Lord Regal. "Do you know, I've been thinking about making a Lizardfos character in your Hyrule RP? Or maybe a fairy, that'd be fun."

"What about you, Regal? I seem to recall that in the past, you often named your characters after members of Organization XIII.
Have you grown out of that little habit yet? I'm just wondering."