Character Map Speed

DeletedUser35783

My character was doing short travel distances in seconds and is now taking minutes to do the same journey.
I am still listed as a greenhorn with increased speed of 2300% I have just reached level 10 and have built my avatar but have not chosen a profession.

Have looked through FAQ and other forums etc and found nothing on the subject, so suspect I have missed something.

Thanks

DeletedUser35783

Thats frustrating then, how do I speed things up?
The thought of waiting 7 minutes for the shortest journey does not appeal.
I have a quest to do and it will take 55 minutes to get there.
So I log in send myself on the trek and log out when I wanted to play for a while.

Thanks Elmyr for the fast answer.

DeletedUser30224

The fastest non-rare horse is Quarter Horse, it gives you 150% speed. Some Clothes like Indian set gives you speed, but speed also comes from Horse Back Riding skill. The more skill points you have in HBR, the faster you move on the map.

The best way to speed things up? Buy a Quarter horse and later you will have items that give you best speed, you need to equip them for best speeds.

delldell56

surprised nobody has mentioned it, but since v2 your character started with a speed buff that allowed you to travel really fast, and is gone now.

if your character is rather broke, as most of us at start, and can't afford a quarter horse, don't bother to get another shop horse. just work on the greenhorn quest (heading out to a new adventure, or something) that you'll have to finish anyways to advance; and the greenhorn set will give you a speed boost, plus a horse with the speed equivalent to that of a white horse. it's the best speed gear you'll have until level 30-ish (mexican set) or level 55-ish (indian set).

delldell56

2 different things helped him travel in seconds. speed bonus for greenhorns --that has always existed-- and a speed buff your character comes equipped with since v2. he will get even slower once he chooses a class, unless his class is a dueler which also has a speed advantage. i know what elmo said, but the op is obviously new to this game and doesn't know the difference. it was also important that he was aware that he can get a free horse and that he won't be able to wear the indian set until he reaches level 55.

DeletedUser22685

Thats frustrating then, how do I speed things up?
The thought of waiting 7 minutes for the shortest journey does not appeal.
I have a quest to do and it will take 55 minutes to get there.
So I log in send myself on the trek and log out when I wanted to play for a while.

Thanks Elmyr for the fast answer.

7 minutes is quite a short journey, and 55 minutes is about how long it'll take you to travel halfway across the map with a decent horse and speed set. The game is not always as fast as it is in those initial stages; 2300% is quite a significant boost.

DeletedUser17612

the greenhorn set will give you a speed boost, plus a horse with the speed equivalent to that of a white horse.

We are now getting very young "Young stallions", which are only able to travel at +15% speed compared to walking.

walking - 4 mph
young stallion - 5 mph
greenhorn set - 6 mph

In the past, our Young stallions were able to travel at +100% speed (same as white horse).

DeletedUser35783

Thanks for all the replies.
A free horse sounds like a good thing to get, how do I do that?

Only having one character to move about and do things with seems to mean this is a game that is best visited for very short periods throughout the day rather than having a couple of hours game play in the evening.
Or have a character on loads of worlds.

I was going to be an adventurer but that would mean lots of travel time.

Mmmmmm going to have to revise my initial thoughts on the game.

DeletedUser

Like delldell said, you get the horse from a quest.

You can play continuously for several hours if you chose to. While your character is walking/working, you can continue to improve your knowledge of the game, seek a town to join, chat with people, visit the forum, check your achievements to see what your next goal is and so on. There's more to do than just making your character do stuff.
And once you join a town and get to level 13 you can start experiencing fort battles. There's so much to this game besides jobs and quest. How about dueling some npc's or other players? Got some bounties yet? ;)

DeletedUser

Green Horn speed bonus is to lvl 15 for me. After that the game goes to crap & slows down to the point I don't even want to play this game any more!

DeletedUser35968

Green Horn speed bonus is to lvl 15 for me. After that the game goes to crap & slows down to the point I don't even want to play this game any more!
come back gerry! I will get you a quarter horse