Character class Sets

DeletedUser27863

Character class sets

Back in time when choosing character had much more meaning in game, each class faced it's own questline where you during completing received some items usable only by your class. I am talking about Wips, Wrenches, Trumpets and stuff. These items were quite usable, but only around level 40-60, after that they had become part of inventory that is there but you never actually use it.

Proposal
What about using this items (+some more added) to make new sets specifically for that class. Those sets would implement already existing class bonuses.

Current Workaround
Use of those items only at low levels and then forgotten.

Details
Four new sets (bonuses are for full sets):

Dueller Set:

Fancy black felt hat
(Headgear)
Arrow head (Neckband)
Brown leather vest (Clothing)
Brown lace-up shoes (Shoes)
Dueller's leather pants (Pants)
Dueller's belt (Belt)
Sawed-off shotgun (Duelling Weapon)
Dueller's bullet box (Product)

+50% speed
+10 aim
+5 dodging
+8 appearance
+2 fort battle attack

Soldier Set:

Army hat
(Headgear)
Silver Star Medal (Neckband)
Uniform (Clothing)
Soldier's boots
(Shoes)
Army Uniform pants
(Pants)
Army bullet belt
(Belt)
Trumpet
(Duelling Weapon)
Army bayonet
(Product)

+15 health points
+5 leadership
+8 tactic
+2 fort battle attack

Adventurer Set:

Adventurer's hat
(Headgear)
Aztec neklace (Neckband)
Adventurer's jacket
(Clothing)
Brown hiking boots
(Shoes)
Brown jeans
(Pants)
Adventurer's buckled belt
(Belt)
Whip
(Duelling Weapon)
Adventure map
(Product)+50% luck

+10 trading
+5 hiding
+8 dodging
+2 fort battle defence

Worker Set:

Brown feather hat
(Headgear)
Bone neklace (Neckband)
Linen shirt
(Clothing)
Brown pilgrim's shoes
(Shoes)
Worker's overalls
(Pants)
Ranch belt
(Belt)
Wrench
(Duelling Weapon)
Builder's hammer
(Product)

+50 labour points for 'Construction'
+10 repairing
+5 toughness
+8 leadership

+2 fort battle defence

Abuse Prevention
Questline could be made with level limitation parts so that we prevent a low level to get that set too quickly. You could be getting that set in steps from level 10 to level 100. One at level 10, then 25, 40, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100.

Visual Aids

Dueller set:
dueller_set.jpg

Soldier set:
soldier_set.jpg

Adventurer set:
set_adventurer.jpg

Worker set:
worker_set.jpg

Summary
It brings new feature to the game and some more use to items gained by class questline.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser14006

I see you have put a lot of thought and effort into this idea and for that you get a shiny star :)

However, I do not feel this idea changes the game considerably and therefore developer time should be spent on other projects.

DeletedUser22493

This would make a great addition to the Fort Battle Tutorial that was suggested earlier. People could be rewarded parts of the item set by completing different battle exercises.

You have my vote. Nicely presented by the way. + Rep for that.

DeletedUser30224

Nicely presented, but I am with Derek here. It doesn't give much to be useful for high levels.

DeletedUser27863

it's one of way to bring some difference to classes.. i remember when i started playing the west in 2009, when characters had some role, but now all that is somehow gone..

(of course bonuses can be modified- those were just my first thoughts)

and appropriate questline would be great too.. (some corrections are needed- who is skilled for a serving in the army job for avenger quest? i am lvl 100 and still can't do it to finish that quest)

DeletedUser14006

and appropriate questline would be great too.. (some corrections are needed- who is skilled for a serving in the army job for avenger quest? i am lvl 100 and still can't do it to finish that quest)

Quests are not meant to be easy to complete, respeccing is part of the strategy for extending the longevity of the experience.

DeletedUser

I don't care if the set is remotely useful, class sets should have been implemented when sets were way back in 2009, the update which was to add forts, but forts were pushed back. It's been suggested a few times, and it still needs to be done in some fort, whatever the bonuses are.

I don't even think the bonuses should necessarily be useful at this point. It doesn't seem like it would be fair to give big bonuses in each class's most obvious function - adventurer/jobs, dueler/dueling, soldier/fort battles, and worker/construction - because so many people choose not to play them that way.

If that is the way the bonuses go, I think it's best to have them small, i.e. with the bonuses presented, so it's useful for low levels who DO play the classes that way, but pretty much (alright, no pretty much about it) useless at 120.

DeletedUser35506

Great idea and would love it if this will be implemented.

+1

DeletedUser27863

Elmyr, idea was to get some role to classes again, that's why it is that way

DeletedUser

i think idea is great, could maybe using some tweaking in stats etc, but thats devs to decide, but the idea itself is great, we got a bunny, fairy and whatever set, but not a set of your own cass

DeletedUser

Yeah, i'm with zeta on this. Why not? Even if i don't use it, more items for me to collect, something additional for me to do!

DeletedUser

I like the idea, but if this want to happen I prefer the bonus be something worthy at least to be used from time to time in each class no matter what level you be. For example if you want to give bonus speed to dueller's set I think it should be more than 90 which is already the bonus speed for Indian set which is something regular for all characters to have. To make it balance the items should obtain from hard jobs or with some level requirement so low level do not get buffed too much.

DeletedUser27863

I like the idea, but if this want to happen I prefer the bonus be something worthy at least to be used from time to time in each class no matter what level you be. For example if you want to give bonus speed to dueller's set I think it should be more than 90 which is already the bonus speed for Indian set which is something regular for all characters to have. To make it balance the items should obtain from hard jobs or with some level requirement so low level do not get buffed too much.

As i said, bonuses were my first thought when i was writting this. Even to me they seem a bit to small..
and to prevent low players to have it, you get each item on specific level (quest requirement)- see abuse prevention

DeletedUser

If they were to be given better bonuses, the solution would be simple: add a new set of class quests for the new items and make them harder. Give crappy bonuses to the set with however many old items are in that class's set and better bonuses with the new pieces.