Character Class Change Premium

DeletedUser

Proposal: The ability to spend nuggets to change your character class after initially choosing one.

Current Workaround: You are stuck with the class you chose. No options.

Details: I have seen recently a lot of suggestions of changes to the characters bonuses as well as characters available. I think this is unfair to those who have already chosen a class. I propose innogames allows the the spending of nuggets (a lot of nuggets I would imagine) to change your character class. If they are gong to change the characters bonuses or add new characters, which I am all for, they should allow people to change their class, With the spending of nuggets of course.
This would hopefully stop all the whining of people saying soldier bonuses are superior (they can be a soldier if its so great) and also accommodate if people want to change the way they play the game. you are bored of questing and want to be a fort fighter, you can change to soldier class, worker to adventurer, dueler to some new class, etc...
This feature would not be cheap, the price would be up to the innogames. (1000 nuggets for example).

Any character class items would remain in inventory but be un-wearable as you are no longer that class. Greenhorn would not be an option. By switching class you are deciding that if you are not done with the character specific quest-line you will not be able to, unless you pay nuggets again to switch back. The quests would simply add "Be a worker/Adv./soldier/etc.. to the requirements and would not be able to be completed. The new class chosen would not initiate the new characters quest line.

Abuse Prevention
: The only abuse I could see is people changing their class on a regular basis to suit whatever they happen to be doing at the time. To prevent this you could add a cool-down, or raise the price of changing every time you want to change it. However, I am sure Innogames wouldn't have any problems with people putting money in their pockets in this matter.

Visual Aids: I doubt this is needed, but I can work something up if requested.

Summery: I don't think it is very fair to change the classes while people are playing those classes. With new bonuses and new characters being available, I at least feel a little robbed of information. This would offer people the opportunity to take their game-play to new levels by letting them have more options to carry their character on a different route with different bonuses. This feature would mostly be useful to players who have become more experienced in the game, like the world they are on, and dont want to start over just to change their class.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No
I checked the Do not suggest and preciously suggested list and didnt see anything of this nature. I dont see any rules being broke here and i dobt it falls under the common sense rule.

DeletedUser

im all for but theres 1 big issue: class quests.

By switching class you are deciding that if you are not done with the character specific quest-line you will not be able to, unless you pay nuggets again to switch back. The quests would simply add "Be a worker/Adv./soldier/etc.. to the requirements and would not be able to be completed. The new class chosen would not initiate the new characters quest line.

Got it covered

DeletedUser

You think you wont be using this, but change of bonuses occur or a new class comes out and you might change your mind.

DeletedUser

Excellent idea, I'm all for it :) This will allow quest addicts to have access to even more quests.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a good idea.

My question is, should it be implemented to all worlds, or to premium worlds?

DeletedUser

My question is, should it be implemented to all worlds, or to premium worlds?

That, I would leave up to innogames. I think the premium would get used more if it was applied to the older worlds as well, but don't know how well that would go over with the players in those worlds.

Excellent idea, I'm all for it :) This will allow quest addicts to have access to even more quests.

I would however like to say that this will not open any extra character specific quests. I don't think it is a bad idea to make those quests available. I just dont think the general public would like this idea if that was the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22575

And thats exactly the problem with this idea.

It allows those who in RL have deep pockets to be able to do more quest thus gaining more exp than those who can't afford this.

It further changes this from a game of skill to a game of who has more RL money.

So...NO.

DeletedUser

And thats exactly the problem with this idea.

It allows those who in RL have deep pockets to be able to do more quest thus gaining more exp than those who can't afford this.

It further changes this from a game of skill to a game of who has more RL money.

So...NO.

Don't forget AP / SP it would have to be very expensive :)

DeletedUser

i like it :) - what about when your an adventurar and go out finding stuff then get bored and respecc? then you pack up the hp and dont get the massive bonus the soldiers do

DeletedUser

It can't be done. So basically you could change class three times and complete all the class based quest lines, which would give you an ungodly amount of SP and AP. It would imbalance the game way to much.

DeletedUser

By switching class you are deciding that if you are not done with the character specific quest-line you will not be able to, unless you pay nuggets again to switch back. The quests would simply add "Be a worker/Adv./soldier/etc.. to the requirements and would not be able to be completed. The new class chosen would not initiate the new characters quest line.

Once again this is the way the class specific quests would work.

DeletedUser

As much as it needs to be done that isn't the way to go about it. I'd much prefer new classes on a new world ; a fresh start for everybody who chooses to play in it. That or a simple reset of all ap/sp when the bonuses change

Deleted User - 1278415

I'll need to check to see if this can even be done. I know character profile pics can be changed.. but the denying the quest line thing... I'd assume it would be possible but that may tick off some people when they choose it... not realizing that they did it when they were level 20... and then cant finish any of the 4 class quests at all.

So they went from Worker at lv10, then at lv20 they switched to solider and realized they loose out on the points and quests and etc So they now pay another 1000 nuggets to become a worker again would the worker quest line open up again??

and honestly 1000 nuggets isnt that much.. thats like $30 US kinda cheap... I use to buy that monthly for my premiums. I'd be more like the 2,500 nuggets as that would be the ulitmate prize and you don't want this being used all the time.

I have a lv90 worker on w11 all quests are done... I'd love to switch to a solider and then use the Enhanced premium to become a tank lol

DeletedUser

It can't be done. So basically you could change class three times and complete all the class based quest lines, which would give you an ungodly amount of SP and AP. It would imbalance the game way to much.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong.

For 2500 nuggets (price proposed by Good Feather), you could buy 46 Attribute Points (which adds a total of 230 Skill Points), or 138 Skill Points.

Now, I really think you ain't getting that kind of SP from a quest line, am I right?

Cheers

DeletedUser

So they went from Worker at lv10, then at lv20 they switched to solider and realized they loose out on the points and quests and etc So they now pay another 1000 nuggets to become a worker again would the worker quest line open up again??

I would think that would be the way to go about it. And also just to make things more simple, the class specific quest can not be re-opened while another class. Pretty much if its still open and you change twice, you fullfil the new requirement "be a ____ class" otherwise it would be grey, the same as an item you dont have.

and honestly 1000 nuggets isnt that much.. thats like $30 US kinda cheap... I use to buy that monthly for my premiums. I'd be more like the 2,500 nuggets as that would be the ulitmate prize and you don't want this being used all the time.
How much it costs would be up to innogames, I am just afraid too much would result in it not being used and people complaining about "deep pockets" players having an advantage.

I have a lv90 worker on w11 all quests are done... I'd love to switch to a solider and then use the Enhanced premium to become a tank lol
Yeah I cant say I am incredibly fond of the adventurer class, If I could switch I would gladly pay 30 USD to do it. With new bonuses coming out and such I just think people deserve to be abllity to "buy" a second chance at least.

DeletedUser23359

I dont like this idea
NOT AT ALL.. Already we can almost do everything by the nuggets THIS ADDS TO THE FRUSTRATION! :(

DeletedUser

Said it already in a few threads. I'm adventurer on both worlds I play. Changes that were added to the game afterwards (class bonuses, +% luck drop scythe, barracks for allies, adventurer unfriendly gold colt quest that depends on being hurt) made my adventurers totally inferior to other three classes. Useless would be even a better word.

So I say yes. Please give us an opportunity to change class for nuggets. But only one time per year please so it's not abused.

Because of the class quests, it's easy to calculate the nugget cost, thanks to Elmyr we know which class receives how many SP/AP from those quests:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=34027
Adventurer: 15 SP + 5 SP or 1 AP
Dueler: 2 AP, 5 SP + 5 SP or 1 AP
Soldier: 1 AP, 10 SP
Worker: 2 AP, 8 SP + 0 or 2 SP

5 stars

DeletedUser

Great, another idea that only helps people that can throw money around... You have the biggest NO from me.

And im a dueler in many worlds, so dont assume i simply don't care.