Changing clothes

DeletedUser

Okay, I wasted some money, but assuming construction works the same as the other jobs-
The Labour pts are calculated at the time you QUEUE the job.

DeletedUser

removed all construction, leader, and repair clothing, chose to build twice for 30 minutes. (69 labor after deductions).
During first 30 minute period, put on my building clothing (+27 labor pts)
After first 30 minute period expired (no automation), added a 3rd 30 minute period.
Construction pts
11 for both the first 2 30 minute periods, 15 for 3rd.
(unlike money & exp, construction pts have NO random numbers- just labor and motivation)

DeletedUser3543

removed all construction, leader, and repair clothing, chose to build twice for 30 minutes. (69 labor after deductions).
During first 30 minute period, put on my building clothing (+27 labor pts)
After first 30 minute period expired (no automation), added a 3rd 30 minute period.
Construction pts
11 for both the first 2 30 minute periods, 15 for 3rd.
(unlike money & exp, construction pts have NO random numbers- just labor and motivation)

Nice work Kev and thanks....

So, there is actually NO advantage to having the automation premium - except the ability to queue more jobs - because having to change clothes BEFORE queuing a job means you should either only queue jobs that need the same clothes [very few of those really], or you have to wait for a job to end before changing clothes and choosing another one....

DeletedUser

Thanks for testing that, it's a pretty clear result and very useful to know.

So, there is actually NO advantage to having the automation premium - except the ability to queue more jobs - because having to change clothes BEFORE queuing a job means you should either only queue jobs that need the same clothes [very few of those really], or you have to wait for a job to end before changing clothes and choosing another one....
That's not entirely true - since it's calculated when queued you don't have to wear the clothes for the duration of the job, so assuming you had enough base labor points to do all 4 of the jobs you want to queue, you'd put the best outfit on for the first one, queue it, swap clothes for the second one, queue that too, same for the third and fourth - then you could change into your defensive dueling gear for the next 8 hrs while you go about your work. Having enough labor points for that to be possible can be kinda tricky though...

DeletedUser

That's not entirely true - since it's calculated when queued you don't have to wear the clothes for the duration of the job, so assuming you had enough base labor points to do all 4 of the jobs you want to queue, you'd put the best outfit on for the first one, queue it, swap clothes for the second one, queue that too, same for the third and fourth - then you could change into your defensive dueling gear for the next 8 hrs while you go about your work. Having enough labor points for that to be possible can be kinda tricky though...

Thanks for asking this important question MisterGadilf and big thanks for putting it into confrontation with Premium points!
Also thanks to Kevlar for the only one real reply, lol. (others if you don't know the answer, go to trash talk to chat and shutup here)

Now Jilliana, do you know what you wrote for sure or just another logical guess? SOrry for trying to exhaust your own experimenting... I am just wondering about the veracity of your oppinion. :)

DeletedUser

Now Jilliana, do you know what you wrote for sure or just another logical guess? SOrry for trying to exhaust your own experimenting... I am just wondering about the veracity of your oppinion. :)
No, I haven't tested anything, I'm just basing my suppositions on Kevlar's research. I'm open to being proved wrong... :)

DeletedUser3543

Thanks for asking this important question MisterGadilf and big thanks for putting it into confrontation with Premium points!
Also thanks to Kevlar for the only one real reply, lol. (others if you don't know the answer, go to trash talk to chat and shutup here)

After 12 hours of sleep :D I have plenty of spare energy, so if I find my last elusive meat for the quest I'm doing, I shall try a little test and see if we can come up with any results...

OK, I've scheduled....

Laying railroad 30 mins, clothes on, labour points = 79 - 40 = 39
Laying railroad 30 mins, clothes off, Labour points = 63 - 40 = 23

Motivation at 100% before scheduling...

Only about 3 hours to wait for the results :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3543

The results are in :

Laying railroad 30 mins, clothes on, labour points = 79 - 40 = 39 = $9 and 8 experience 99% motivation at end
Laying railroad 30 mins, clothes off, Labour points = 63 - 40 = 23 = $5 and 8 experience 97% motivation at end

So, less money with clothes off, but exactly the same experience points for both working periods.....

Pretty inconclusive so far.

Can anyone else try some tests of their own?

DeletedUser1105

Yeah that's a bit wierd. You'd expect more difference that that.

DeletedUser

The results are in :

Laying railroad 30 mins, clothes on, labour points = 79 - 40 = 39 = $9 and 8 experience 99% motivation at end
Laying railroad 30 mins, clothes off, Labour points = 63 - 40 = 23 = $5 and 8 experience 97% motivation at end
So obviously nobody is willing to pay extra to see you build the railroad naked :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist... back on topic now...
I might try some tests today since I don't have any quests open at the moment. I think perhaps we'll see a bigger difference on the easier jobs. I'll go hunt some turkey or something...

DeletedUser

Well the formula for exp have a random luck factor which could greatly disprove your results.

DeletedUser

Well the formula for exp have a random luck factor which could greatly disprove your results.
Yes, my understanding is that labor points don't affect xp - only wages earned, likelihood of injury, and construction points on a building project. So to test the theory we should only be looking at wages or construction points.

DeletedUser3543

Yes, my understanding is that labor points don't affect xp - only wages earned, likelihood of injury, and construction points on a building project. So to test the theory we should only be looking at wages or construction points.

Ah that would make sense of my naked railroad laying then :D

DeletedUser

I have some bad news...

I thought I'd do a series of scientific tests changing clothes at various times throughout the job, but I only got through 2 work sessions before realising it was futile. There's definitely a random factor at involved:

Prospecting: 1 hr
Motivation: 100%

Queued with 21 labor pts
Started with 21 labor pts
Finished with 21 labor pts
Result: $12 / 2 exp

Prospecting: 1 hr
Motivation: 100%

Queued with 68 labor pts
Started with 68 labor pts
Finished with 68 labor pts
Result: $9 / 2 exp
Either that or me prospecting naked is worth a look... :wubg:

I think the only way to get around the random factor would be to do LOTS of tests and average the results. My personal conclusion is that perhaps it's not worth worrying about this so much if there's no definite advantage...?

DeletedUser3543

Well that could be bad news and good news!

If it doesn't really matter, then you just need to put on the clothes to give at least 1 labour point for a job, then as long as the item you are wearing is not critical for that job, change clothes again to get another job queued up.

It seems to me then, that the clothes only matter during a job for constructors and duellers, and the other clothes items are only there to raise a player's job points so they can do the more 'difficult' jobs, but have no real bearing on money or experience earnt...

DeletedUser1105

That is a shame. You should get more for having more labor points.

DeletedUser3741

Use jobs with higher percentage, that will give more noticeable results
I suggest using jobs with at LEAST 30%, but benchmarks should be made at 50%, 70% and 90%

Also I can assure you the difference labor point affects is minimal, at least in the low % jobs
At 10ish labour points in the job Trading I made $13, at 150 labor points I make the same amount

Last edited by a moderator: