Passed Changes to Dueler Advantages

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 97 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I second this stand and request that the poll now be taken, please!

DeletedUser

CUFCfan616 you aren't even understanding what I meant. All I'm saying is if they increase the duelers rate of motivation to duel then they should increase the builders rate of motivation to build.

DeletedUser

Well said, this seems to be a very well thought out and Believe me that this is really important, it is a small change that can easily be corrected, the biggest thing for a dueler is the weapons the get for their class, as some people may not have noticed, but the stuff is crap I got to say, although it does piss me off that you guys call the 10% to speed crap. My point being is that duelers need change so that they can combat a soldier.

Diggo11

[ player hat ]

Duelers are ATTACKING players. They should have an ATTACKING bonus.
If we want to get technical then sorry, but wrong! Duellers are duelling players, they should be able to attack OR defend. Soldiers are fighters and should also be able to attack OR defend in a case of war.

Now let's get back to reality. How many of your duels are defensive? I'd say the average for every West dueller + soldier is 80% offensive to 20% defensive. (And no I didn't pluck that out of the air, I did ask a few people on Skype combined with my own experience.) So how many duels require Tactics? 1/5. What if I said you could have an Appearance bonus in 1/5 of your duels. Would you be satisfied? Thought not.

Also almost every smart dueller is offensive or balanced. There are so few decent duellers who spec predominately in tactics it's really quite a null point. There's one main reason for that, you only get to duel 1/4 of the time as defensive or balanced duellers. Whilst the tactics bonus is helpful, for most it only boosts tactics gear and points from charisma.

Anyway let's compare the current bonuses in their current state.
  • Soldiers Tactics Bonus ~ The tactics bonus get's used 1/5 duels, however it gives a nice bonus of 50%. 50% x 0.2 = 10% bonus per duel.
  • Duellers Gear Bonus ~ Let's assume my gear gives me an overall +50 SP bonus. Whilst it's a mere 10% it can be used in EVERY duel. 10% x 1.0 = 10% bonus per duel.

Now let's face it, for a non 0 motivation dueller this class is awesome. More motivation, more money and better quality from gear. Whilst a 0 motivation dueller would pick soldier every time, an XP dueller would pick dueller every time. In other words, the class is no longer a push over, but has a dedicated use. Absolutely NO problem.

[ / player hat ]

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This keeps getting thrown in the workers/builders faces all the time so now it's the duelers turn...

They chose the class, no one made them choose it. They knew what the bonuses were and the draw backs were so now they need to just suck it up and deal with the choice they made!

DeletedUser

but the dueler class is completely useless! the worker one is used to build, nobody uses other classes to full build, while everyone who knows and wants good dueling chooses soldiers, not duelers. we are just trying to give a use to the dueler class other than good avatars, that to me, is the current one.

DeletedUser

They chose the class, no one made them choose it. They knew what the bonuses were and the draw backs were so now they need to just suck it up and deal with the choice they made!

I can use this statement to go against you as well. ;)

DeletedUser

The reason I suggested re-thinking about the appearance bonus is that soldiers are too powerful in defence with the tactics boost. Think logically. Duelers should be the best people in the game at dueling. Why else would you call yourself a dueler. Did people in the wild west go, 'I could intimidate people by looking like a badass and shoot them while they're running scared, but no, I'm not going to because it would be unfair to them'?

Why does everyone have to keep suggesting that? An appearance bonus for duelers is not the same thing as a tactics bonus for soldiers. Duelers, i.e. characters who duel, routinely put SP into appearance, an offensive skill. Soldiers rarely put SP in tactics and get most of their tactics from gear and charisma. Any soldier that does put significant SP in this defensive skill is probably more interested in jobs than dueling.

A bonus to appearance is a bonus to an offensive skill which does have SP spent on it. It will do far more than counter any soldier's tactics skill, plus it will be devastating to non-combatants. An appearance bonus won't make duelers soldier killers, it will make them worker killers.

An appearance bonus is an absolutely...

horrible...
unbalancing...
poorly thought out...

and yet suggested far too often idea.

Please...
quit...
suggesting it!

DeletedUser

Ok then. If not an appearance bonus, how about a 10% increase to the damage from weapons? That way there's still skill need to land a hit, but as would be expected from a dueler, they can hit harder. If people complain that at higher levels it will become unfair, well they should expect to come under more duels and distribute skills better to compensate.

As for saying that duelers would become worker killers, I don't think that's true. As has beensaid countless times by many people playing the game, you can't play The West and expect to be left alone. You'll get dueled at some point. You'll take part in fort battles at some point. To think otherwise is a ridiculous way of playnig the game. If the developers agree that non-combatants shouldn't be dueled, they wouldn't let them be dueled.

At the end of it, from the original post, I still don't think the proposed changes will be enough to make people choose the dueler class.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

At the end of it, from the original post, I still don't think the proposed changes will be enough to make people choose the dueler class.

I don't care for them much either. I think moving this suggestion here was premature. Sorry for being overly harsh, but I've had to argue against an appearance bonus one two many times. ;)

And I'm not saying "non-combatants" should be protected, but anyone specced for dueling already has an advantage against them and any offensive bonus on top of that is overkill. It takes away any chance they have of winning.

Diggo11

I don't care for them much either. I think moving this suggestion here was premature. Sorry for being overly harsh, but I've had to argue against an appearance bonus one two many times. ;)
Do you own an XP dueller? I can understand these bonuses may be a let down from a 0 motivation dueller's perspective, however I personally think these bonuses would be perfect for an XP dueller, without making too many radical changes.

DeletedUser

Do you own an XP dueller? I can understand these bonuses may be a let down from a 0 motivation dueller's perspective, however I personally think these bonuses would be perfect for an XP dueller, without making too many radical changes.

Looking and the money bonus and motivation it's great. I don't expect an XP dueler to get a lot of cash from his duels, but he will certainly make a few more bucks with the bonus. It would make sense that motivation duelers would choose to become Duelers.

DeletedUser

why not make duelers pay real money for extra advantages, in nuggets and they expire quicker, so your only better if you pay, that will show the serious players from the non players

DeletedUser

why not make duelers pay real money for extra advantages, in nuggets and they expire quicker, so your only better if you pay, that will show the serious players from the non players

You can be a non-premium user and still be serious about the game. Forcing people to pay to have an edge will just drive away half the people who play

Status
Not open for further replies.