Changes to Dueler Advantages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I just need some clarification on the Health points advantage. It's 3% with the advantage and 4% with premium, but how exactly does it affect sleeping?

And did you suggest that duels take 1 minutes and 30 seconds less, and with premium 3 minutes less?

DeletedUser

If you were planning on being a zero/low motivation dueler, you didn't plan very well if you chose the Dueler class.

I was on the "learn as you go" program with the west. I sucked bad in the beginning. It took me 3 worlds before I figured out there was even a forum to learn strategy and what not. Plus I think I told you before on another thread, I liked the avatars better so I chose dueler! lol

DeletedUser

I was on the "learn as you go" program with the west. I sucked bad in the beginning. It took me 3 worlds before I figured out there was even a forum to learn strategy and what not. Plus I think I told you before on another thread, I liked the avatars better so I chose dueler! lol

The actual difference between duelers and soldiers is

Soldiers advantages
-For each skill point given to the skill health points you receive an additional 5 health points for your character.
-The level needed to use a weapon is lowered by 3 levels.
-In duels you receive a bonus of 50% to your tactic skill.

Duelers advantages
-You have cool avatars

DeletedUser

I just need some clarification on the Health points advantage. It's 3% with the advantage and 4% with premium, but how exactly does it affect sleeping?

And did you suggest that duels take 1 minutes and 30 seconds less, and with premium 3 minutes less?

Give me few more days, I'll try monitor my HP when I sleep.

No, I didn't suggest duel take 1 minutes and 30 seconds less. We have to wait an hour in between anyway, and we don't have that many HP to keep dueling like mad
:D

I made a printscreen of my post at page 10, where I happen to be quoting something...

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2406/quoteb.jpg

Ok. So there is a little misunderstanding here. You are not happy with the motivation rate, but you didn't say anything (I mean your suggestion about it). That's what I was trying to say. ;)

Duelers advantages
-You have cool avatars

Absolutely agree !!! :laugh:

DeletedUser

Give me few more days, I'll try monitor my HP when I sleep.

Fair enough. I was thinking about HP as an advantage myself, but could not figure out the sleeping part

No, I didn't suggest duel take 1 minutes and 30 seconds less. We have to wait an hour in between anyway, and we don't have that many HP to keep dueling like mad :D

I was talking about duels taking 8 minutes and a half instead of 10 without premium, or 7 minutes with premium. But if the duelers get a good HP regeneration advantage they probably would not be entitled to a fourth one.

DeletedUser

Fair enough. I was thinking about HP as an advantage myself, but could not figure out the sleeping part

Okay. After sitting in front of the computer for an hour monitoring my HP, I've come to an answer.

Here is what I did:
I slept in a level 3 room. I took note of my HP when I started sleeping, and after an hour, my HP only went up by 10% of my total HP.

Currently, when you sleep, you have this rate: 8%, 9%, 10%, 11% and 12.5% for level 1-5 hotel respectively. All of them are per hour.

In conclusion, the HP regeneration rate, at the moment, does NOT affect the sleeping part at all.

I was talking about duels taking 8 minutes and a half instead of 10 without premium, or 7 minutes with premium. But if the duelers get a good HP regeneration advantage they probably would not be entitled to a fourth one.

I guess you didn't understand what I was saying.

Let's say you duel a person with 8 and half minutes, then you have to wait 1 hour to be able to duel them again. So few minutes less doesn't make a big difference to be considered an advantage.

On the other hand, if you are a dueler, then it's more likely you have low HP. You duel faster, but then you don't have many HP left to keep dueling, then it's rather pointless.
;)

DeletedUser

Duelers could have a bonuses like:

They were knew to had had excellent aim the the old west, they could lose less aim when they attack someone with too much tactics or are attacked by someone with too much appearence.

Duelers lose 25% less aim (50% premium).

Exemple: A dueler with 100 appearence attacks a soldier with 100 tactics (200 with premium), instead of losing 100 aim, the dueler would lose only 75 (or 50 with premium).

It's good for a balancing specially between duelers and the OP soldiers.

DeletedUser

Duelers could have a bonuses like:

They were knew to had had excellent aim the the old west, they could lose less aim when they attack someone with too much tactics or are attacked by someone with too much appearence.

Duelers lose 25% less aim (50% premium).

Exemple: A dueler with 100 appearence attacks a soldier with 100 tactics (200 with premium), instead of losing 100 aim, the dueler would lose only 75 (or 50 with premium).

It's good for a balancing specially between duelers and the OP soldiers.

Yeah, good, why dont just add 25% to aim?

DeletedUser

If you add more aim to a dueler, then he will have more chances of slaughtering adventurers and builders whether in attacking or defending cause dueling doesn't involve soldiers and duelers only.

And besides, 25% more aim (50% with premium) isn't fair at all cause it can be used for both attack and defense whereas the added tactics for soldiers only come into effect when they are defending. Soldiers however have more survivability because of more health but that has nothing to do with the hitting value.

If anyone's unfair in terms of dueling, that would be soldiers. They have added tactics, health, and the ability to use weapons 3 levels ahead of other classes and those would double if they use premium. However, there are no apparent measures in the other classes that would make them beat soldiers in terms of dueling advantages.

DeletedUser

If you add more aim to a dueler, then he will have more chances of slaughtering adventurers and builders whether in attacking or defending cause dueling doesn't involve soldiers and duelers only.

And besides, 25% more aim (50% with premium) isn't fair at all cause it can be used for both attack and defense whereas the added tactics for soldiers only come into effect when they are defending. Soldiers however have more survivability because of more health but that has nothing to do with the hitting value.

If anyone's unfair in terms of dueling, that would be soldiers. They have added tactics, health, and the ability to use weapons 3 levels ahead of other classes and those would double if they use premium. However, there are no apparent measures in the other classes that would make them beat soldiers in terms of dueling advantages.

Most of my lost duels in w11 is from attacking soldiers. Altought, when they attack me, they lose.

DeletedUser

I too think the dueler class is pretty useless. It should definately be improved, like someone said earler maybe 10% aim increase or shooting would more advantageous than the useless 10% speed increse.

DeletedUser

I too think the dueler class is pretty useless. It should definately be improved, like someone said earler maybe 10% aim increase or shooting would more advantageous than the useless 10% speed increse.

More shoting no. There are melee duelers too.
And yeah the 10% speed increase can be "bought" by $250 to any class (a donkey), so it's nothing.

DeletedUser

Because if you just add 25% to aim, it will work every duel against any class.

Reducing the dueler's aim loss would be only usefull when attacking a soldier, this way wouldnt be unfair against other classes, it would only help a little to not have 0 aim every time you attack a soldier, but not solve the problem that soldiers are overpowered.

DeletedUser

Because if you just add 25% to aim, it will work every duel against any class.

Reducing the dueler's aim loss would be only usefull when attacking a soldier, this way wouldnt be unfair against other classes, it would only help a little to not have 0 aim every time you attack a soldier, but not solve the problem that soldiers are overpowered.

I know, but Soldier's bonus is against all classes too!

DeletedUser

I know, but Soldier's bonus is against all classes too!

Those bonuses about aim, dodging, shooting, vigor have already been discussed and they will not make it to the final idea. Right now I believe the best option is the HP regeneration rate.

DeletedUser

Those bonuses about aim, dodging, shooting, vigor have already been discussed and they will not make it to the final idea. Right now I believe the best option is the HP regeneration rate.

OK so Aim and Appearnce we dont discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.