Changes to Dueler Advantages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey b00k, I reckon its a pretty good idea, especially since, as you put it, the duelers current advantages are basicly useless. I'm just wondering about this 5% to hit an extra round, is it considered every round ( if it is I would lean towards the 3-6 ), or at the end of the duel as a free shot? ( In that case I am fine with the 5-10, although where would the character hit? Would there be like a 'Bonus' box added to the end of the boxes in the duel tab? ).

Anyway again, I like it.

DeletedUser

Think about those people who have chosen another character and now, they want to change. It's impossible man...

edit: so the soldier should have, 5% chance not to be hitted, and all the bonuses are canceled, and the adventurer and worker are really dead.

DeletedUser

DarkendPhoenix that's 5% overall. It's not every round, you can just get 1 additional 9th round. Oh and I suppose duelers would have an additional box to choose for their 9th shot.

frozeNwings I don't see why you are talking about Soldier's in here. They have their own advantages which are quite good. Just because I am suggesting a new ability for the duelers, does not mean that soldiers should get the exact opposite of it.

Also there will always be newer worlds, in which these advantages can be implemented.

DeletedUser

I am not so sure about the bonus's you suggest they all seem excessively steep....

personally a 10% bonus to aim would be a more reasonable start.... its a advantage but not a excessive one.....

DeletedUser14239

I would say the best advantage is the bonus in aim its a creative idea that I don't believe has been used yet.

DeletedUser

Too much, wouldn't the appearance bonus just cancel out the soldiers bonus?
The soldiers tactics bonus kind of deters duelers and other from attacking them, with the appearance bonus it wouldn't be worth the soldiers having their tactics bonus because not many workers and adventures duel.

I do think that duelers bonuses need to be revised, I'm not sure how but not like this.

DeletedUser

I would say the best advantage is the bonus in aim its a creative idea that I don't believe has been used yet.

Makes perfect sense. I was considering aim as a bonus. Perhaps aim, rather than appearance would be a better bonus. After all we don't want to hinder any other classes.

DeletedUser

not many workers and adventures duel.

Surprisingly enough they do duel maybe not as many but they sure do, with workers they usually re-spec after building up their town(s) to become duelers, and adventurers make quite good campers, as they can pop in and out of the hotel between duels without needing a large reserve of cash...

DeletedUser

I think those advantages are balanced and I think it would work really well . It might prevent the dueler class from being about 5 percent of the people in newer worlds.

DeletedUser

Why not just use the search function to see how many times this has been brought up and shot down.

I agree to a point that duelers bonuses are poor in relation to other classes , but that's the bonuses that were chosen when "you" chose the class.

The appearance boost is a non starter because it's an offense bonus , as such it has a detremental effect on all other classes.

Likewise for aim ...... change it to dodge and you might well get more sympathy for your ideas

The motivation increase I have no problem with , but having said that , on my dueler I find it hard to actually work my duelling motivation down as it is , ... after a few duels he generally needs to sleep it off and by the time he's ready to fight again the motivation has replenished ....:dry:

DeletedUser

I have switched Appearance with Aim, because it really is in the detriment of other classes.

@MoSa1 A proper suggestion has NEVER been made. This is why I am starting a discussion that may actually lead to something.

I will be updating the thread according player feedback.

DeletedUser

That thread does not follow the guideline for posting. As you can notice Diggo11 has been closing threads recently because of that. Also it is obvious that the discussion in there is not active and the OP is no longer looking after the thread.

About Aim, you are partially right, but Dueler is supposed to be an offensive class. Their bonuses should be connected with attacking, not overall passive ones.

Let us see what other players think of aim and it can be swapped with dodge, but later on if people don't like it.

DeletedUser

Just a thought..... tactics is a passive defensive skill

Dodging is a Passive both offensive and defensive skill .

By that I mean that Dodging is used in both defensive and offensive duels...... If a dueler gets hit less then they can duel for longer before they need to regen.

Increasing the damage isnt the only way to look to improve the class :)

Diggo11

That thread does not follow the guideline for posting. As you can notice Diggo11 has been closing threads recently because of that.
Only new threads, older ones go under the old rules.

Anyway I quite like this idea. A couple of points though:

• In a duel tactics reduces the chance of the opponent to land a hit, where as aim increases the chance to land a hit. That's even worse than tactics ;)
  • I would change the last bonus to something entirely different that requires less coding change in implement.
Fix those and it looks good :)

DeletedUser

I switched Aim with Dodging. You are both right, dodging is the better choice.
Now, what do you think should be the third advantage? I am trying to come up with a rough idea about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.