Change xp rewards

Thanatoss

So now that everything is level based and that maximum level is unreachable dor the average player this suggestion is very important

I dont want to put 15s jobs all the time for xp its boring its totally stupid it burns my brain 0 fun to do it all the time because if you dont do it you cant be strong for pvp (church at least isnt every 15secs)

I suggest increase the xp reward for duelling (npcs or players) and fort fighting tremendously so that you can actually progress meaningfully as now the xp and money reward to energy cost ratio is terrible. Maybe add xp potions to adventurs even boost crafting xp i dont know but having 15s jobs to be almost the only source of xp from lvl0 to lvl250 is annoying

RaiderRt

Just to remind you - the-west considers new levels/levels people can't reach fast as new content. Imo, in order to continue this trend we should lower all experience gains by 90%. This way it's going to take about 100 years to level up to level 250 which means there's going to be infinite amount of content.

pero131

Just to remind you - the-west considers new levels/levels people can't reach fast as new content. Imo, in order to continue this trend we should lower all experience gains by 90%. This way it's going to take about 100 years to level up to level 250 which means there's going to be infinite amount of content.
well being <<kinda equal >> is the fun of the game ,if you play with players whith 100lvl difference then pvp isnt fun at all.
so how about all players above 160 lvl have a 50% reduction in exp gain?
that way low lvls can catch up a bit :) and players get to have fun interacting with each other.
if they want new content they can always add more quests in the average lvl their player base is (so more people get to do and enjoy them).

WhyN0t

Why less xp from church building? Wtf is wrong with you?! It takes ~28 years building church 24/24 with very high motivation to make lvl 250. 28 YEARS working non stop! Why would you reduce the xp from any sources?? Just increase the xp from quests, duels and forts, but don't decrease any other form of xp. You get most of your xp from daily logins btw, not from church. At least at high level.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Because this game is not about building church. People that are active should have an advantage to those that just log in and queue 8h church. How many years it takes to reach 250 has absolutely nothing to do with this. I don't understand the obsession with 250 there is now.

Reducing the xp from church would take away its importance in the game, which I am fully in favour of. If that means some players have to wait 8 years instead of 7 to reach 250, well that is something I can take.

Ektoras BOTrini

Because this game is not about building church. People that are active should have an advantage to those that just log in and queue 8h church. How many years it takes to reach 250 has absolutely nothing to do with this. I don't understand the obsession with 250 there is now.

Reducing the xp from church would take away its importance in the game, which I am fully in favour of. If that means some players have to wait 8 years instead of 7 to reach 250, well that is something I can take.
I'm curious as to how do you think you will level up if you don't want Church. I will wait for your answer

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
How did people level up before the use of churches? On the new server I have hit level 100 in a few weeks without building church even 1h. Some people are up to 140 with minimal church building.

This is exactly my point, people seem to have forgot there are other ways. And as I previously stated, I would like XP gain to be increased on everything but building church.

Harriet Oleson

I think it's willing by the team that at high level it's veeeeeery difficult to level up. Level 250 is (almost) unreachable and in my opinion it's because they want the game to have (almost) no end. It was the same with the new duels and adventures achievements : "initiate 10k duels", "to be provoked 5k times in duel", "participate to 10k adventures" ... "Almost" undoable, but they still put it this way as if they wanted players to still have something to do after 10 years of daily play.

In the end yes : I agree it'd be veeeery good if other aspects of the game had their xp gains increased, but that would allow players to level up faster and that doesn't seem to be what the team wants from this update lol.
The thing is : if the purpose of this is to always have something to do even after 20 years, maybe they shoudln't put a limit at all in the level we can reach : no max level anymore. And with this, either : way more xp in other activities to help levelling up faster, either : change the experience table (=the amount of experience points we need to reach each level; this amount is higher and higher as we level up, and it's this insane amount of required points which make the level up this difficult).

But so as to not create a BIG problem with the gap in SP/AP all of this could create between players, maybe it'd be good if a limit in the SP/AP brought by the equipment were implemented. Like : right now, it's proportional to the level and this without any limit. That creates very big gaps between low level players and high level players. But what if the AP/SP brought by the set was still proportional to the level, but this only until level X ? (let's say : until level 150, just as an example). For higher levels, the sets wouldn't bring more AP/SP than before update so no bigger gaps created by this update at all. There would still be interest to level up after level 150 : to have access to new content (new quests, new jobs, maybe new craft recipe or other stuff, depending on what's doable or not), and also to keep winning the SP/AP from the level up, allowing to give more importance to the build.

WhyN0t

How did people level up before the use of churches? On the new server I have hit level 100 in a few weeks without building church even 1h.
Do you realise you need 1.366 BILION xp in order to achieve lvl 250, right? In comparison, you only need 1 milion xp for lvl 100. This is 1366 times less xp. So you have to work 1366 times more for 250. So...few weeks x 1366. Do the math :)

NovaStar

I think it's willing by the team that at high level it's veeeeeery difficult to level up. Level 250 is (almost) unreachable and in my opinion it's because they want the game to have (almost) no end. It was the same with the new duels and adventures achievements : "initiate 10k duels", "to be provoked 5k times in duel", "participate to 10k adventures" ... "Almost" undoable, but they still put it this way as if they wanted players to still have something to do after 10 years of daily play.

In the end yes : I agree it'd be veeeery good if other aspects of the game had their xp gains increased, but that would allow players to level up faster and that doesn't seem to be what the team wants from this update lol.
The thing is : if the purpose of this is to always have something to do even after 20 years, maybe they shoudln't put a limit at all in the level we can reach : no max level anymore. And with this, either : way more xp in other activities to help levelling up faster, either : change the experience table (=the amount of experience points we need to reach each level; this amount is higher and higher as we level up, and it's this insane amount of required points which make the level up this difficult).

But so as to not create a BIG problem with the gap in SP/AP all of this could create between players, maybe it'd be good if a limit in the SP/AP brought by the equipment were implemented. Like : right now, it's proportional to the level and this without any limit. That creates very big gaps between low level players and high level players. But what if the AP/SP brought by the set was still proportional to the level, but this only until level X ? (let's say : until level 150, just as an example). For higher levels, the sets wouldn't bring more AP/SP than before update so no bigger gaps created by this update at all. There would still be interest to level up after level 150 : to have access to new content (new quests, new jobs, maybe new craft recipe or other stuff, depending on what's doable or not), and also to keep winning the SP/AP from the level up, allowing to give more importance to the build.
Also, if it is to have something to do "after 20 years" why so many worlds? The average world lately dies within 3 years (or less), in particularly ff's, so yes to stay and build church to level while waiting for the "very desirable" migrations by many, may's well level by church building in between ff's which are about once or twice a week, at best, in many worlds.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
Do you realise you need 1.366 BILION xp in order to achieve lvl 250, right? In comparison, you only need 1 milion xp for lvl 100. This is 1366 times less xp. So you have to work 1366 times more for 250. So...few weeks x 1366. Do the math :)
you sure choose the parts you read...

Ektoras BOTrini

How did people level up before the use of churches? On the new server I have hit level 100 in a few weeks without building church even 1h. Some people are up to 140 with minimal church building.

This is exactly my point, people seem to have forgot there are other ways. And as I previously stated, I would like XP gain to be increased on everything but building church.
Other ways to level up. The 2 most efficient ways are 15s jobs and Church building, if you have money then you can have buffs , if you have buffs you will level up to 100 in less than a week not weeks especially with Colombian set as a starting set. Now do the math for how many buffs you will need to level up only by 15s until 250, tens of thousands, you need years to farm that many buffs , even if you use money you need again thousands of euros.

You can actually reach 250 in less than 4 years by only doing 15s everyday for 8 hours a day , but you also need over 4 years to farm all the buffs required to do that. So in conclusion you need around 8 years to reach 250 , by that time the game will be most probably dead.

Note: For that to be possible you need an xp set with over 300% bonus and a product drop set with over 300% bonus as well.

Church building requires less buffs just a longer time to reach that point.

Last edited:

asdf124

Other ways to level up. The 2 most efficient ways are 15s jobs and Church building, if you have money then you can have buffs , if you have buffs you will level up to 100 in less than a week not weeks especially with Colombian set as a starting set. Now do the math for how many buffs you will need to level up only by 15s until 250, tens of thousands, you need years to farm that many buffs , even if you use money you need again thousands of euros.

You can actually reach 250 in less than 4 years by only doing 15s everyday for 8 hours a day , but you also need over 4 years to farm all the buffs required to do that. So in conclusion you need around 8 years to reach 250 , by that time the game will be most probably dead.

Note: For that to be possible you need an xp set with over 300% bonus and a product drop set with over 300% bonus as well.

Church building requires less buffs just a longer time to reach that point.
The most experience you can get with experience buff is 269% atm. You can also get over 10k per duel which is less reliable if you lose, your target dies, or you die

Joe Kidd

Why can't this be addressed like Blizzard has with Diablo Immortal?

Compute the average level/XP total and increase the XP rate for jobs, duels, and fort fights via a buff for those players that are woefully behind the world's average level. This buff would of course be throttled as you apporach and then disappear once the player gets within a range of the world level/XP total average. Also this buff would supersede any other buffs outside of gear enhancement.

So for example if the average level is 178 and you just start the world, your XP buff would be 1700% until level 17 and then drop by 100% every 17 levels until you hit 170 after which he buff is removed from that player. Any buffs like "Experience boost (usable)" or "Potion of Some Wisdom" can be consumed but will have no effect while this buff was active.

Jordy

The West Team
Forum moderator
The most ironic aspect of this topic is the fact that those whom clearly benefited & gained most of their experience from building the church are also those whom want it to be removed.

'High levels for me but not for thee.' :roll:

Beefmeister

too much xp = unbalanced pvp scenarios
too little xp = years getting to 250

there are chars complaining about both scenarios, is there a compromise between the two? just wondering
it was actually...releasing the level caps 10-20 levels at a time. most of us said it on beta. it is what it is