Catherine's Paint Work..

DeletedUser

I am skint. I can't afford Photoshop or GIMP, so I'm making use of the free stuff; Microsoft Paint. I'm starting a project where I do famous musicians in four colors in the style of pop art painting. My first attempt was Slash. I used the Oil/Water paint brush to create the brush effect. It's not brilliant, so don't be harsh.

slash-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Umm, last I knew, Gimp was free. Also, if you really want to practice with a useful tool that is directly applicable to business use, install Inkscape. It's a vector drawing program (sort of like Illustrator but, in my opinion, better). And it's free.

DeletedUser

Umm, last I knew, Gimp was free. Also, if you really want to practice with a useful tool that is directly applicable to business use, install Inkscape. It's a vector drawing program (sort of like Illustrator but, in my opinion, better). And it's free.

Thanks. I'll probably stick to Paint. It's not the best program, but you can make some good stuff on it. Anyways, check out my DeviantART or request something for me to draw. My DeviantART is http://panzerjoust.deviantart.com/

DeletedUser34084

I am skint. I can't afford Photoshop or GIMP, so I'm making use of the free stuff; Microsoft Paint. I'm starting a project where I do famous musicians in four colors in the style of pop art painting. My first attempt was Slash. I used the Oil/Water paint brush to create the brush effect. It's not brilliant, so don't be harsh.

slash-1.png

is that really made with paint? O_O

DeletedUser31397

I tried to work with some of those programmes and I find it very difficult. Did you finish some Art or Graphic school or something?

DeletedUser

shteyfx, it's really easy. I can show you how...

1. Because I'm a beginner at the moment I tend to just paint over existing pictures until I'm ready to do it free style. I find a picture like this:

SHLASH.jpg

2. You have to use the water/oil paint brush for that effect that I got. just color the skin white, dark bits black, light dark grey and very light light grey.

3. And voila! A simple picture!

slash-1.png

DeletedUser

Okay.....I need requests! Suggest a band or musicians for me to do!

Last edited by a moderator: