Camps and ranches

DeletedUser

Why just towns?

I'd much rather have a ranch, and camps could give a little more restfull sleep given the mutual protection, and chat rooms could be supplied to plan towns/ranches.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of camps. No cost to run... no joining.. you just go there and sleep. Although perhaps downgrade the benefits of sleeping there to keep people using them hotels.

DeletedUser

Camps are bad ideaa. Would render the point of hotels to zero.

DeletedUser

Camps are bad ideaa. Would render the point of hotels to zero.

Not really - if you structure it right there's still an advantage to paying for a hotel. Look at Kingdom Of Loathing - there you can sleep on the ground at your campsite and get slightly refreshed, in a tent for a bit more refreshment, etc. all the way up to a (sand)brick house (which costs a lot in effort/in-game currency).

Sleeping at a camp might keep you from passing out but it isn't going to be the best night's sleep ever - and probably could come with a risk of being robbed of cash or items.

DeletedUser

I was thinking a recovery rate of 4, or 5 for premium that's all. a bivowak round an campfire, minimum of ~5 people.... They could also be used by gangs of bandits if other ideas get taken up.

DeletedUser

I was hoping you could be able to set a campfire or something up.. i have to travel 3 hours to the nearest town, and then sleep 8 hours just to get energy half full.. they could make it so you can only camp every now and again to make hotels a better option if your nearby

DeletedUser

Got to have a campfire! Set one up and people will come along.

Beans anyone?

DeletedUser

camps, ranches and wagon trains, They were all part of the west. :)

DeletedUser435

Yeah like when your the move and far from a town you could set up a camp and sleep there

But make the danger lv high because your sleeping outside wolfs and that could attack you

DeletedUser

Or you could gain exp. as you fight against against bandits and wild animals.

DeletedUser

I think their should be Wild Red Indian camps, that you can fight with.

DeletedUser

giving exp for camping makes it too good.. it has to be worse than sleeping in hotel really otherwise theyre worthless so having danger is good

DeletedUser

Maybe that you can set up camp like town which will be something like Indian town?

DeletedUser

Since the landscape could get cluttered with KOA camp grounds, you know, those unsightly yellow t-pee looking signs back off of the highway in the woods somewhere, what about a bedroll?

It could rejuvenate at a level lower than the janitors closet in the same 8 hour period. You're not fully energized...as anyone who has ever slept on one could tell you, and you would still be able to get some refreshment for an 8 hour down time.

In areas where there are no towns yet, this could help out greatly...since I'd have to walk 5 hours as it is to get a good nights rest right now. :D

DeletedUser

You could form a Indian tribe, like follow the buffalo herd. Capture horses, take scalps

Good or bad?

DeletedUser

I was thinking that another danger could be that some camps could be 'bad guys' (see other thread) nod off and they mug you, unless you can suss them out and scarper!