Buying and selling inactive players in the market

DeletedUser563

Buying and selling inactive players inventory and scalps in the market

Proposal
Basically you will be able to sell an inactive resident's inventory and scalp in your town's market.

Current Workaround
the game deletes them.

Details
Motivation:

We all know the irritation of the dead red's . Them folk that never will return. Usually without reason or notification they just go inactive for weeks and months. The only use they have to a town is letting their numbers look better that it is actually. So my idea will bring some use for them to the town where they lie rotting till the final hour.

Bad idea???? I think the problem is that most ppl cant think outside the box. The scalping of people was quite common. And often a person that returned from a 40 days outing in the wild would return to a empty house as the west folks would determine him as "eaten by beasts". There is plenty of mentions in the annals of "western history" of this procedure. You cannot bring 20th century morality to a game of the period. So if the robbery of people is "acceptable" what exactly is the problem with this idea.

Basics of the idea:Game mechanics

After a month period a sale button becomes available alongside his name. This will refer to his inventory and scalp. You dont own the player . He still gets deleted. The town founder can now place him for sale in the world /alliance or town market using the same principles as any item. Meaning his inventory and scalp Additionally final delete information is available. Also his full inventory value is also listed. We will come back later to this. So when he gets bought a player has a report indicating him as bought and he is available in their inventory as a picture/Inventory or scalp. When the final delete time comes his account is deleted. That will be quickened to 15 days after the month period. But all his inventory is passed to the buyer. A separate sale of his scalp takes place. The town at that time receives the money in their treasury. To limit the effect I think they only should get x% of the total sale. I suggest 5 to 10% but will leave that to the developers, your suggestions. If at anytime he returns after the sale but before final deletion. The buyer gets a refund and the money on hold in the town treasury gets transferred back directly in his bank account.
Also to put it into reach of most players a player's inventory can also be sold in parts. For example JohnF_PART1of200 for a massive inventory or products of johnq. Or something along that lines.
The scalp will be usable once as a super buff. All of the former players skills gets added for one action to the buyer. He can then for example KO a dueler that is constanly harassing him or whatever.

Abuse Prevention
The price for the player(full player inventory) must be atleast 50% of the inventory value i.e the sell price of the inventory. The scalp is undetermined and can be anything but with a reserve of 5000.

Visual Aids
Inventory Player Reddeaduselessfellow : Total Inventory Value: $500000 Final Deletion Date: 27 February 2012 Immediate Sell Price:$340000 Buy Price:$200000 19 February 2012

scalp_yield.png

Scalp

Summary
Why Innogames will benefit. It will create a fun element in the game. Why the community will benefit: Well this will be like a lotto a player may have boone's axe stuck in his inventory which is about to be deleted. The town gets much needed money right now for a player's stuff that is in fact just a burden on them and of no use. Players that want to delete will also appreciate that their former townsfolk get atleast something out of their inactivity.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

SLAVERY

The players that suggest that it is slavery including elmyr and rice farmer read apparently the title and commented without reading the full idea. For the record the idea is not slavery. If I wanted to suggest slavery I would have used the term slavery.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I really want to like this idea, cause I do, but there are some problems with the current proposal that I feel need to be worked out...

We all know the irritation of the dead red's . Them folk that never will return. Usually without reason or notification they just go inactive for weeks and months. The only use they have to a town is letting their numbers look better that it is actually. So my idea will bring some use for them to the town where they lie rotting till the final hour.

Agreed :)

After a month period a sell member button becomes available alongside his name. The town founder can now place him for sale in the world /alliance or town market using the same principles as any item. Additionally final delete information is available. Also his full inventory value is also listed. We will come back later to this. So when he gets bought a player has a report indicating him as bought and he is available in their inventory as a picture. When the final delete time comes his account is deleted. That will be quickened to 15 days after the month period. But all his inventory is passed to the buyer. The town at that time receives the money in their treasury. If at anytime he returns after the sale but before final deletion. The buyer gets a refund and the money on hold in the town treasury gets transferred back directly in his bank account.

Here are the problems I see...

a) to prevent pushing the players up for auction should only be available in the world market with a 7 day auction starting at $1 with no immidiate price set. Otherwise it would be too easy for a player to just collect stuff, go MIA and let the town benefit... rinse and repeat.

b) what town treasury needs more money? So basically what is the motivation for the town to sell a member instead of just letting them delete quietly? But otoh I can't come up with any other reasonable idea for where the money should end up.

I wish I had any suggestions for how to solve these probems, but I don't.

/Edlit

DeletedUser563

edlit to prevent abuse and the enriching of townsfolk quickly I have added a price requirement. Else it would be an exploitable bug. We are talking of inventories up to a million so selling them for $1 won't be enough. Possible abuse issues also include the massive income a town can gather from selling members. But after all where should the money go. Perhaps to limit this we can say they get 10% of the final sale. the rest goes poof. After all $50000 seems a bit more real than $500000. And they can use it for fort battles or a small percentage can be split amongst his fellow townsfolk.

DeletedUser

I didn't know there was slavery in the wild west.....I think the whole idea of selling reds like cattle will turn a lot of people off. You've been playing for over four years, you're getting old. ;)

DeletedUser14006

Details
Motivation:

Towns receive cash as a result of inactivity, what a hideous notion.

There is already a system in place for this problem, it is called deletion and it works perfectly well.

DeletedUser563

Its not slavery. Slavery was the systematic collection of Africans in their native countries. the subjugation of them and the exploitation of their labor. Im not suggesting slavery , the account still get deleted but the inventory get redistributed. About slavery wasnt that what the civil war was about. Im not really that into west history so perhaps someone can help rice out there. I was thinking that perhaps I should add that you can use the players skills as a kind of buff perhaps his scalp. Where your skills is for one action joined. Kinda a super buff. Then you can hit a pesky dueler super hard one time.

Slavery in the United States was a form of slave labor which existed as a legal institution in North America for more than a century before the founding of the United States in 1776, and continued mostly in the South until the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution in 1865 following the American Civil War.[1] The first English colony in North America, Virginia, acquired its first Africans in 1619, after a ship arrived, unsolicited, carrying a cargo of about 20 Africans.[2]

Despite the age of the agency, and the many contributions they have made to law enforcement over their entire history, Texas Rangers developed most of their reputation during the days of the Old West. Of the 79 Rangers killed in the line of duty, the most, thirty, were killed during the Old West period of 1858 through 1901.

DeletedUser

There was slavery millennia before Africans were enslaved and there is slavery today. Owning human beings is slavery regardless of race.

DeletedUser563

Elmyr Its got nothing to with the person. You dont own him. He is inactive. You dispose of his estate on his behalf. If I wanted to suggest slavery I would have said slavery. Dont try and attribute meanings to my idea that was in no way my intention. Slavery as I understand it means labor in some way. Ownership was certainly a part of it but it was not the determining factor. Your RL knowledge is again lacking. Furthermore Elmyr of course I referred to slavery in the american context. That involved africans. And as I look at the dates it was alive and kicking in the times of the west. But totally irrelevant to my idea. Think next time before you just post random stuff without properly reading the idea in full.

especially for use as forced laborers.
A condition of servitude endured by a slave.

The intention is not that he works for you in one way. Only that you sell his inventory and scalp. If you elmyr and rice farmer want to suggest slavery . Please do it on your own thread. This is not slavery. Ok can the moderator add a inventory and scalp right after player in the title. Too avoid further confusion.

DeletedUser9470

Buying and selling inactive players in the market
i think you shot yourself in the foot with that title man

should have called it "market player inventories before deletion"

personally I quite like the idea, its just the same as buying a box, you dont know what you are getting for your money.

DeletedUser

It would also be biased towards old worlds with more people disappearing and ample town room. On a newer active world you can't afford to let someone stay red for a month. Even if I had room in my town, I'd kick them and send an invite so they wouldn't be farmed constantly.

DeletedUser563

Well its a game tj if innogames gives you that right. Then you have the right. You dont have to use you and elmyrs sophisticated RL arguments here. At deletion ownership passes. At that point he has no more estate , he doesnt exists anymore, he cannot be owned. Its very technical which I assume is why your not understanding it. Wouldnt it be better than for example this overpriced presents. We had the privilege to buy. or 750 nuggets for a brittle crossbow and precise pepper:junk box indeed. That player deleted his account ...nice going Innogames.

DeletedUser22575

Well its a game tj if innogames gives you that right. Then you have the right. You dont have to use you and elmyrs sophisticated RL arguments here. At deletion ownership passes. At that point he has no more estate , he doesnt exists anymore, he cannot be owned. Its very technical which I assume is why your not understanding it. Wouldnt it be better than for example this overpriced presents. We had the privilege to buy. or 750 nuggets for a brittle crossbow and precise pepper:junk box indeed. That player deleted his account ...nice going Innogames.

I hope this is not to subtle. Its the players account, not the towns. The player put the work into it, not the town. So if he goes inactive the hat has the option of kicking him. Thats good enough.

And I don't see Inno giving the rights to do this.

No to this.

DeletedUser563

would you in RL or in western times life for free in a hotel that a town build. the town provides infrastructure/fort fights/equipment and friendship to the player. 10% of his inventory cant hurt him as he is deleted by that time. There is no moral issues. I wouldnt have a problem with a town profiting from my inactivity. I also said not the full inventory 5 to 10% . That maybe as little as 50000. Why are ppl anyway assuming that they speak for Innogames. You dont work for them TJTuttle and are not their spokespersons. You voted so please move along.

DeletedUser

All of us that have at one stage been or still are town founders know how irritating reds can be, but this suggestion goes against most of what I believe in as an old west player.
I can't agree with selling off someone's inventory before they've actually been deleted from the game, let alone owning another player in any period of the game! I have seen situations where people have been inactive for longer than 3, even 4 weeks and returned to be pretty active.. And cowboys really owned other cowboys in the wild west..
So no. I don't like the idea of mixing anno1777 into the west.

In my opinion, this idea is so bad, that I actually thing the devs would like it!

DeletedUser563

All of us that have at one stage been or still are town founders know how irritating reds can be, but this suggestion goes against most of what I believe in as an old west player.
I can't agree with selling off someone's inventory before they've actually been deleted from the game, let alone owning another player in any period of the game! I have seen situations where people have been inactive for longer than 3, even 4 weeks and returned to be pretty active.. And cowboys really owned other cowboys in the wild west..
So no. I don't like the idea of mixing anno1777 into the west.

In my opinion, this idea is so bad, that I actually thing the devs would like it!

No you dont own him. Where did I say you owned him. You place his "future deleted inventory" and future deleted scalp for sale. The money is kept in limbo till deletion day then the transaction goes through.Before that he can still return . If he login once the entire transaction is immediately cancelled and he can return to his normal activities.

Bad idea I think the problem is that most ppl cant think outside the box. The scalping of people was quite common. And often a person that returned from a 40 days outing in the wild would return to a empty house as the west folks would determine him as "eaten by beasts". There is plenty of mentions in the annals of "western history" of this procedure. You cannot bring 20th century morality to a game of the period. So if the robbery of people is "acceptable" what exactly is the problem with this idea.

DeletedUser16628

I quite like the idea myself.Nothing like adding to my existing inventory and having my account bursting with cash.A bit of mystery but could be fun.

DeletedUser

Bad idea I think the problem is that most ppl cant think outside the box.

Greed is thoroughly inside the box. "More money! More stuff! omg gimme gimme gimme!"

Half of the future changes that are mentioned all involve removing money from the game. Which seems to fit the devs' mindset more, letting it continue to go poof or transferring it to someone else?