Buy Multiple Items from the Town Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser36559

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=56063 Not to discount the investment of time that others have put into the click click clicking in a town store, but because you were doing that, you weren't at a FF or adventure or dueling or any other dynamic of the game that really should have been more worthy of your time.

I don't see how a couple of hours clicking for a hard achievement is less 'worthy' than FF'ing/adventuring besides FF'ing, adventuring and dueling are all the same old same old.

1Big Chief

Inno don't care what anyone does to achieve anything on this game.. so that reason is hogwash
Just like they don't care how much work, respec etc went into getting the Golden Gun
Today.. that gun is poor in comparison to what the new Named Guns do for us

All Inno care about is keeping you online as long as possible.. and you spending nuggets
We'll do most of that naturally.. if they could give us good reasons for being active

I did the 1st to Level 5 (w1) with a Donkey (cheapest) .. but hated clicking almost 300 times
I would NEVER in a million years sit by a PC clicking 1000's of times.. NEVER
People who do that.. seriously have a bored life.. and this is their way out/in :huh:
Now imagine having us do that on all the worlds we play on.. they do wants us to play more worlds ... RIGHT ?

I would vote yes for this.. as I don't care much for the achievements.. don't share the time it took sentiment thingy :no:

DeletedUser33353

LOL, never gonna happen Chief.......come to w1 and smoke a left handed one sometime.

asdf124

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=56063
Suggested April 7th. Rolled out with 2.24 update a few days ago.
Depending on perspective, that's not "a damn long time."
Haley's comet hasn't even flown overhead more than once yet from suggestion to implementation.

So about 6 weeks to realize a suggestion to implementation, at least in this instance.

But on topic, I'd vote in favor of this proposal, to buy multiple items from town store.
Not to discount the investment of time that others have put into the click click clicking in a town store, but because you were doing that, you weren't at a FF or adventure or dueling or any other dynamic of the game that really should have been more worthy of your time.

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=50326

proof that things can either be implemented or never even if it had been passed.

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=50774&highlight=alliance

yep, 2-3 years isn't much at all.

I am not against this proposal at all, it isn't a step back as it is a step forward. The developers will only be able to change it to whatever they like. Why would the few who care about achievements make it harder for others??

Is that cause it would mean that those achievements would become pointless??

Achievements are their to brag about or just to be in the saloon's list.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26820

I don't see how a couple of hours clicking for a hard achievement is less 'worthy' than FF'ing/adventuring besides FF'ing, adventuring and dueling are all the same old same old.

Respectfully, Mickey, it's more than a couple of hours or maybe I'm doing it wrong....

The achievement "Suspicious Pile" requires having 1337 level 3 items in your inventory.
So worst case, that's 36,099 singles.
Let me know how that many singles can be purchased from a shop in a couple of hours and I'll be over it :)

So I'd guess, best case, is that a single purchase from a town shop takes two mouse clicks.... one on the item, a second to confirm. Let's say each mouse click takes a second. That's 2 seconds per purchase, or about 20 hours of mouse clicking.

So, I'm not trying to simplify or make easy or irrelevant an achievement inasmuch as I'm saying there's better things to do with those 20 hours that sit here and click, click, click. I'd hope others would agree.

DeletedUser33353

Respectfully, Mickey, it's more than a couple of hours or maybe I'm doing it wrong....

The achievement "Suspicious Pile" requires having 1337 level 3 items in your inventory.
So worst case, that's 36,099 singles.
Let me know how that many singles can be purchased from a shop in a couple of hours and I'll be over it :)

So I'd guess, best case, is that a single purchase from a town shop takes two mouse clicks.... one on the item, a second to confirm. Let's say each mouse click takes a second. That's 2 seconds per purchase, or about 20 hours of mouse clicking.

So, I'm not trying to simplify or make easy or irrelevant an achievement inasmuch as I'm saying there's better things to do with those 20 hours that sit here and click, click, click. I'd hope others would agree.

Did not take me that long tbh...
As far as better things to do? Well, you are posting in a forum of a time waster of a game...right? Go play some golf or something ;)
The achievement is a worthy goal if you like to chase those things....reminds me of the bored cowboy one. What was that? 1k hours of exploration or something?
No less worthy, and I always applauded peeps that went that route.

Pankreas PorFavor

I'm saying there's better things to do with those 20 hours that sit here and click, click, click. I'd hope others would agree.

it's not 20h straight you have to do that, you can do it in your spare time, 10-15 minutes per day maybe? and in a few weeks/months - there's your achievement. but yes, let's put a way for you to do that in 10 seconds, that would be great... or not?

Why would the few who care about a...imes. but on this occasion - I am against it.

Last edited:

asdf124

make what harder for others? the same achievement? they aren't making it harder for anyone else

I didn't say the achievements, but referring to how else it could be used if a player wanted a rank 5 fancy soft leg guards, rank 5 precise colt dragoon or a rank 5 fancy eagle belt for the lower level duelers.

It would ease some things that are irrelevant to most achievements.

Pankreas PorFavor

I didn't say the achievements, but referring to how else it could be used if a player wanted a rank 5 fancy soft leg guards, rank 5 precise colt dragoon or a rank 5 fancy eagle belt for the lower level duelers.

To that player, who can spend around 5M on colt dragoon, 7.5M on fancy soft leg guards, or almost 2M on fancy eagle belt, I say - deal with it. it's 500 clicks you will do in 10 minutes today, and maybe never again.
and you have already spent so much more time on this topic that by every further reply you are just proving the point - it's a useless feature for this purpose you're advocating.

It would ease some things that are irrelevant to most achievements.

it would ease a one time effort that only a handful of players would do once every few months, and most players would never do it at all.
and at the same time, an achievement that is hard to get, time consuming and rare would be turned into a 2-click "effort" everyone can easily do.
I can't explain it in simpler words, so I won't even try to reply any more.

DeletedUser26820

It's agreed that some toons will spend $5M on a colt dragoon, $7.5M on fancy soft leg guards, $2M upgrading their Yuma, etc....

An opinion of "deal with it" and sit at your computer and click click click should be unacceptable.

You're missing that those players that have those kinds of resources are also doing other things in the game that impact the dynamic of others.

You're removing that active player from the "game" and putting him in a chair to mindlessly click click click.... Why?

We've already agreed that if a toon has the resources and money and is active enough to get what he wants, he's going to get it eventually.

So why the resistance to easing the path to what any and all active toons want to purchase from a market and in what quantity that will eventually be accomplished?

This is a no-brainer.....

Pankreas PorFavor

You're removing that active player from the "game" and putting him in a chair to mindlessly click click click.... Why?

We've already agreed that if a toon has the resources and money and is active enough to get what he wants, he's going to get it eventually.

So why the resistance to easing the path to what any and all active toons want to purchase from a market and in what quantity that will eventually be accomplished?

This is a no-brainer.....

it takes no more than 5 minutes to get 243 items from the shop and upgrade them to level 5. and you do that how many times exactly? so many times that you are "removing an active player from the game"?!? come on, stop insulting my intelligence.
there is one, and only one reason people want to implement this - easily getting 1337 level 3 grey rags, everything else is just BS. why can't you people be honest about it and admit that? it is perfectly fine to ask for that, I have no problem with that request. I disagree with it, I would vote against it, but it is a valid request. you want an achievement in 10 minutes? I say - get it in 10 weeks. why not have a long term goal and something to work for? is that so bad? do we really need instant gratification all the time?

what I do have a problem is when people treat others like they're idiots and invent those fake reasons like level 5 yuma and whatnot. please, show some respect to your fellow players.

DeletedUser35120

To all those arguing in favor that buying multiple items from town stores should be made available, let me just say that you've wasted 10 times more the time it would have taken to buy your 243 items for your upgrades or whatever already by posting in this thread. Also, considering the fact these upgrades are a one-time thing, surely you guys are surely wasting time here.

Also, please stop hiding the fact that you want this feature available not only for your level 5 upgrades, but also for your 1337 level 3 items achievements. We don't eat grass for dinner.

And no, not for lunch either. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36559

No-one said you have to spend hours and hours in a single day clicking for a 1337 level 3 item achievement, do 10 minutes a day and you'll achieve it sooner or later. I think it's time we stop making the game so simple that a monkey could probably get all the achievements in a single day, the new job premium system has made the game even easier, this will make the achievement a walk in the park. I guess people have forgotten how to work for things.

DeletedUser

Yeah, never forget there was a time we used to play without pants and belts!

DeletedUser26820

It's not about the "10 minutes a day" to mindlessly click click click while in a hotel to purchase items from a shop.

It's ALL about those same 10 minutes in that same day that they can be bettter spent and invested in another dynamic of the game.

Anyone that supports toons sitting in a town/hotel to click click click to purchase 36,000 items from it is supporting taking toons out of the active dynamics of the game.

Shame on you.

And yes, it's about an achievement. And yes, it's about making the game a bit more efficient and optimized for a toon's time online.

I'll continue supporting and debating for efficiency and optimization when I log in.

You'll notice I didn't reference "easy" or "eating grass for dinner".

This is about efficiency and optimization of time online and getting active toons out of a shop/hotel mindlessly click click clicking on an item and getting them back into other dynamics of the game where they belong.

To boil it down to face value, it's ridiculous that any active toon, to achieve an accomplishment, should be encouraged to sitting in a town/hotel to purchase items.

So my point is, get the active toon out of the hotel and back into the game.

Pankreas PorFavor

It's not about the "10 minutes a day" to mindlessly click click click while in a hotel to purchase items from a shop.

It is exactly about that.
And why say "mindlessly"? I'm sure there's another word you want to use to describe the people that do this. So maybe there were people who spent 20 hours straight buying grey rags. Some people spent a few minutes every day and got the achievement in a few weeks. Some people hired others to do the purchase for them. Some people ignored this achievement, and some people don't even know about it.
And then there are those who just must have the achievement, but they want to do it within a few seconds. Well, guess what - in my opinion, those players are just "mindlessly clicking". They want everything to be done for them, they want to achieve everything without effort, planning, strategy, they want everything on a silver platter, they don't want to put any thought in what they're doing. And that is what's ruining this game, and that's why I am against "features" like this.

So my point is, get the active toon out of the hotel and back into the game.

And my point is - let the inactive toon (that has no energy, no HP and nothing else to do) spend a few minutes online buying items from the shop. In a couple of weeks or months, they will get their achievement. But that is unacceptable, right? Achievements must be received NOW. Well, I don't support that.

DeletedUser35120

It's not compulsory for anyone to get that achievement, it isn't a quest which unlocks more quests either. If you want to get it, put in an extra effort. Else, don't bother. Completely your choice. No one's telling you to click 72000 times on getting a supid achievement instead of having a fun time playing golf.

DeletedUser36559

I haven't got the achievement yet, have no intention to at the minute, maybe in the future but not now and I'm against this feature since I don't want it within 2 seconds. In other dynamics of the game you are mindlessly clicking while crafting, doing 15 sec jobs, besides sleeping in a hotel and buying items from a shop causing a player to be more active. The game is already very efficient and optimized for the high spenders.

DeletedUser

It is kinda ridicolous that you expect players to click hundreds of times to get a useful item the game offers just because you don’t want anyone to get an achievement that is in no rational way a challenge except for brainless play style.
If you want challenging achievements ask innogames to create achievement you at least need a specialized ingame character skill or even achievement you need to think with your brain a bit.

Buying multiple items is a very good idea. It does not make the game easier, it just makes it more comfortable.
The game needs to be comfortable. You should not avoid a comfortable feature just because a very little group of players do not want this feature because it destroys a braindead challenge.
This http://forum.beta.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=31325#post31325 is nearly the same: makes the game more comfortable, too.
Clicking like 72000 times means lots of server requests for a stupid achievement and for me if I would try that achievement it would result in a broken mouse too. But I do not try just because it is there.
So please give us the feature of buying multiple.

Pankreas PorFavor

.... brainless ... braindead ...

it's a pleasure to see this is how you write your first post in this forum. :hmf:
or are you someone else? someone who is just such a coward that you created a new, fake account to insult people?

and as Futu already said:
If anyone is so lazy that they can't put in a few minutes' work clicking a button a couple of hundred times, they don't deserve the bonus they'll get for doing so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.